Laurent Duvernay-Tardif first player to opt out of 2020 season

kingseanjohn

If you haven't read his interview from Sports Illustrated back in April it's interesting looking back.

I currently serve on the NFLPA’s task force, joining experts from across the country to examine different scenarios for the safest measures to put in place when the game returns. We will look at how teams will train, how they will travel and how the games will take place and, since this is the NFL, a league with a lot of resources, it seems like every option is on the table. For now, we’re just getting started.

It’s too soon to say when sports might come back. Or what that might look like. What I can say is if we’re not playing in September, knowing all the implications of what sport means for a nation and the money behind this huge industry, there are going to be bigger issues than not playing football.

Here's a link to the article

26 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

They can always plug Cameron Erving into the starting lineup.  Yet another dominant 1st round "gem" discovered by the Browns.  Good grief, Patrick Mahomes is going to be in trouble.  

Mahomes is so good he'll make Cameron Erving look like Mike Munchak. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

They can always plug Cameron Erving into the starting lineup.  Yet another dominant 1st round "gem" discovered by the Browns.  Good grief, Patrick Mahomes is going to be in trouble.  

Cam’s gone, we declined his option iirc. I’d bet it’s going to be Andrew Wylie or Daryl Williams. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

At one point last year KC had 5 of their starting OL  being former browns with the only legit starter being Schwartz. KC will be fine, Weird what good consistent coaching gets you 

Edited by buno67

On 7/25/2020 at 6:06 AM, kingseanjohn said:

If you haven't read his interview from Sports Illustrated back in April it's interesting looking back.

Here's a link to the article

The last sentence just struck home:

What I can say is if we’re not playing in September, knowing all the implications of what sport means for a nation and the money behind this huge industry, there are going to be bigger issues than not playing football.

Now it looks like there will be football - but how true is this. We all should be aware that having football is a luxury, not a necessity your life depends upon. And even though there will be football - there are more important things going on right now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

The last sentence just struck home:

Now it looks like there will be football - but how true is this. We all should be aware that having football is a luxury, not a necessity your life depends upon. And even though there will be football - there are more important things going on right now.

Agreed. I still don’t believe that we’ll get a season. We’re heading the wrong direction numbers wise and we’re two months away from flu season. Hopefully things improve over the next month.