Laurent Duvernay-Tardif first player to opt out of 2020 season

kingseanjohn

2 hours ago, Counselor said:

Yep employing a guy like Tyreek Hill is really all class

In this case, I think it is. They let the legal/investigative process play out. Turns out he was innocent, the allegations weren’t truthful, and he now has custody of his son. 

9 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

In this case, I think it is. They let the legal/investigative process play out. Turns out he was innocent, the allegations weren’t truthful, and he now has custody of his son. 

I was more so speaking on the fact of drafting a man with a history of domestic violence. You can’t be the classiest organization if you do that. Many organizations have done worse and some not so. Sorry you just can’t be the classiest with a move like that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

HEY! No facts here please!

His comeback will be “well he still did that thing in college” which is accurate and he received punishment and accepted punishment but apparently second chances in life are only for some people. 

Just now, Mizter_Clean10 said:

HEY! No facts here please!

His comeback will be “well he still did that thing in college” which is accurate and he received punishment and accepted punishment but apparently second chances in life are only for some people. 

It’s not a comeback when that is what I was originally speaking about. I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve a second chance. But to say an organization is the classiest that drafts him? I would say no.

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

It’s not a comeback when that is what I was originally speaking about. I’m not saying he doesn’t deserve a second chance. But to say an organization is the classiest that drafts him? I would say no.

So a organization that lets the legal process play out gives a guy a chance to make something of himself after making a terrible choice and then supports him into being a better man would be classified as what then in your world?

22 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I was more so speaking on the fact of drafting a man with a history of domestic violence. You can’t be the classiest organization if you do that. Many organizations have done worse and some not so. Sorry you just can’t be the classiest with a move like that. 

There isn't a team in the league who is squeaky clean in that regard, though.

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Honestly may be a smart move on his part...he wasn’t going to make the team, so opting out before he gets cut guarantees him some $ right?

I think you get 150000 for opting out which isn’t bad scratch 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

I think you get 150000 for opting out which isn’t bad scratch 

Yeah i think i heard like 300k somewhere a while back but either way that’s not a bad play for a guy who knew he’d be cut and very realistically not picked up by another team