2017 FF soccer draft voting- Group A

amac

1. Nickchowaniec

2. Brooklyn Italians

3. Isernia FC

I think this group is pretty tough to decide. I'm leaning towards Nickchowaniec because he probably has the best back 4 in the draft, two gifted defensive midfielders, and a super athletic front 3. I like Brooklyn Italians a lot too but I'm not sure that there is a real creative force on that team outside of Messi. Isernia FC looks like an intriguing team but I have a hard time buying into a 3 man midfield that includes Coutinho and De Bruyne, even with Marchisio to clean up for them.

This group is obscenely loaded. Very, very tough. I would go

1. Isernia

2. Brooklyn 

3. Nick

Now, part of putting Nick in 3rd is because they're up against Messi and Ronaldo. Those two guys are just that good. Isernias front 5 are unstoppable and they have an excellent defense. De Bruyne is good enough to play in a deeper role along Marchisio.

Brooklyn is the most well rounded team in the group imo, which is why they take the second spot. Nick is very unlucky to be 3rd, in anothet group they would win it. 

1. Isernia

2. Brooklyn

3. Nick

I think Kempus is pretty spot on with most of his assessment. Nick is just unlucky to be going up against Messi and Ronaldo. Isernia might be the best team in the whole competition. I don't think De Bruyne has any issue playing in the central role, as he has done so more and more this year. And that attacking 4 up front is insane good. Pretty much the same things can be said for Brooklyns team in my opinion. The Messi - Aguero partnership is deadly and the midfield is stacked. Nick is just really unlucky to be stuck in the "group of death" 

1. Brooklyn- Excellent attacking group and I think would be well supported by their midfield.  Weigl is a good DM and provides solid cover for a solid backline.

2. Nick- Tough choice between them and Isernia.  Slightly prefer the overall balance of Nick's team, though I've never liked Nzonzi that much.

3. Isernia- Excellent attacking group, but I agree with what was said earlier about the midfield.  Marchisio has declined the last couple of years due to injuries IMO and I don't see Coutinho and De Bruyne, as talented as they are offensively, doing a lot of ball winning when the other team has the ball.

This group may have the two best teams in it and really not much to separate them. Went back and forth, ended up going Isernia because they just have more match winners in the team and with it being so close I think that matters.  One of them would come up with a moment of brilliance (like De Bruyne yesterday).

1. Isernia FC

2. Brooklyn Italians

3. Nickchowaniec-this is a very good team but the other two are ellite, unlucky to be in this group as probably a top 5 team maybe even 3rd

1. Brooklyn- Mertens has been better as a #9 but this team is pretty loaded all around 

2. Nickchowaniec- very balanced squad

3. Isernia-  like the individual picks but it's really lacking steel in the midfield

1. Brooklyn Italians- Strong but not special at the back, goals up front, but lacking a bit of creativity from the middle of the park.

2. Isernia- Excellent attacking trio supported by two creative dynamos, however I'm not completely convinced by them defensively.

3. Nickchowaniec - Probably the stoutest defensively in this group with pace on both flanks and a world class finisher on the end of everything.

This is a tight group, but I feel like defensively the top 2 could be exposed elsewhere.

Nick – Overall, I really like Nick’s team and think it is built well to win a tournament style competition. What is lacking is a top tier player like Messi or Ronaldo that the other two teams have. The midfield is the best out of the three teams with a strong DM in N’Zonzi and creativity from Ozil and Verratti. Overall, I think this team will play the best sitting deep and looking to counter with their pace down the wings and Harry Kane’s finishing

Brooklyn – I am a bit concerned about the creativity in the midfield. Nainggolan, Dembele and Weigl are all solid midfielders but I feel like the team will rely on Messi having to drop deep to start attacks which is an issue with the Argentinian team. However, defensively they are strong and like Argentina this is a team that will advance through the group stages but struggle more later on.

Isernia – The team’s attack is crazy but having De Bruyne and Coutinho in the midfield is suicide. Marchisio is also not a traditional DM and is better with more freedom in the midfield. I feel like against Nick, this team will be susceptible to counter attack and against Brooklyn, their midfield will be outmatched by their physicality.

Picking first was hard. I think in a group stage, Brooklyn might draw Nick, but I think Brooklyn will be able to win by a bigger margin over Isernia than Nick can so I'll give them the top stop for the group stages.

1.       Brooklyn 

2.       Nick

3.       Isernia

This has got to be the hardest group to determine.

I think I'll go:

1. Brooklyn
  2. Nick
  3. Isernia

Brooklyn: Front three is absolutely loaded. Mertens being the least talented of the three is incredible. The midfield is very balanced and should really be good defensively. I worry about the passing range of them but I really like Dembele's physical power and his ability to drive forward with the ball from midfield. Weigl is great player who adds a lot to the side. The defense isn't bad but doesn't jump out at me. Kos isn't the same player he was a couple of seasons ago. I like Hysaj though. I think Lloris and the midfield will be able to cover up most of the defensive deficiencies.

Nick: I like the front three. Kane with genuine pace on either side of him would be great to watch. The midfield is good. Nzonzi is okay but I think Verrati helps elevate him. I'm a little wary of how Ozil would perform against teams with talented players at every position but him being able to pull the strings behind that front three has a lot of potential. You've got the best back line in the group and the full backs are class and the central defensive is very solid. Not huge on Ter Stegen but the backline and midfield make up for that. 

Isernia: Incredibly tough to put you third because this is a really good team. Honestly at the end of the day it all comes down to Marchisio not being able to cover all the defensive responsibilities on his own, especially since he seems to lost a step over the last year or so. The midfield is incredibly talented but just feels a bit unbalanced and couple that with Ronaldo who doesn't put in much effort defensively and the team just feels a little too vulnerable, especially on the counter. The defense is more than solid and has the best LB in football. I flipped between you and Nick for second place for a while but I think his team just has less of a glaring weakness.  

Archived