Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

10 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd be freaking geeked if I was a Jets fan man. What a freaking haul dude. Just wow. Pretty much guarantees a turn around in the next couple years imo.

Zero excuses not to at least put more pieces around Darnold while he’s on a rookie deal. 

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

I'll be a little more transparent. Donald is going into Year 7 and is definitely the consensus top at his position.

Adams is going into Year 4. Right around the same time Donald completely separate himself from the pack. I think these next few seasons will tell a lot. I don't think he's even come close to tapping his ceiling yet. People don't realize how special he is.

When you can cover a prime Gronk one-on-one as a 1st/2nd year DB in the league, you are special.

Antonio Allen did it too. How did his career turn out? 

No issue if you’re predicting Adams separates himself from the pack. But he has not done so yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Pretty much guarantees a turn around in the next couple years imo.

guaranteed ?
J-E-T-S have had a ton of top picks over the last decade - didn't matter in the W/L column and their complete lack of success is why Adams wanted out

https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/teams/jets

A few draft picks aren't going to change the culture and until that changes, I predict its gonna be more of the same
Owner Woody Johnson is quite the tone setter for his team, his latest gaffe on the world stage breeds nothing but confidence.

27 minutes ago, Skippy said:

Can someone with a 10th grade or above education please tell me what he's trying to say here and do it without using slang.

“Lots of gentlemen do lots of vocal negotiating and PR in order to get obtained by an organization, only to depart at a later date. Laugh out loud, many humans are indeed strange. The worldwide web incites said humans to behave in certain manners to draw attention to themselves, despite behaving differently around you personally.”

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Two firsts for a safety? Good lord. 

Seattle has been in the NFC west title race and in the playoffs for the last decade....they hardly lose more than 6 games yearly and Russell Wilson is the best weapon on offense and an upcoming Metcalf.. depending on who the jets pick with the two first, Seattle already won this trade 

Edited by Chuck80

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yup. The the draftnik community slobbered all over Isaiah Simmons this year because of his measurables and versatility, and while Adams isn’t quite the athlete that Simmons is, Adams is exactly the player that everyone hopes Simmons can be at the NFL level. But he gets labeled as a box safety who can’t cover, it’s a shame.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Great trade for the Jets. Awful trade for the Seahawks. You only trade that much for a franchise QB, LT, or DE. Good Lord what a haul, good for the Jets.

youre not getting a franchise QB at Adams age for two later first round picks. People forget that these picks are likely in the 20s. Solid haul for the Jets, but theyre much worse in the near future, and with Darnold entering his third year- they need to start winning. 

This move is bitter sweet. Nice return, but it shines a light on what has plagued the Jets for over a decade- theyre stuck in a perptual rebuild that never comes to fruition. Here comes another 6-8 win season.

Edited by WizeGuy