Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

uist a minor difference between thise trades and adams... those gents are pass rushers and adams, although a terrific player, plays in a way thats no where near as valuable.

Yeah, but the Seahawks are in better shape to win than both of those teams.  The Bears were coming off a losing record the off-season they traded for Mack weren't they?  The Colts gave up a first rounder after a losing season.  Seattle lost a close divisional playoff game.

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

It’s true. But there’s at least some hope for 2021 now. 

It actually raises an interesting situation if the team struggles and Darnold is largely just okay this year. If the team is picking top 5, in a draft that (supposedly) has three quarterback studs in Lance, Lawrence and Fields, do you draft the quarterback, trade Darnold and start over at this point? 

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

horrible logic. not to single you out as a handful have said it but the "we suck at drafting anyway" thinking is lets just say.... not good.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You should want a new front office if you're going to excuse their inability to draft players with a willingness to send a haul for a single player. 

I don't care about first round draft picks.  I'd rather have an elite talent than draft picks.  That's always been my stance when other teams did these types of trades.  Give me Khalil Mack, DeForest Buckner, or Jamal Adams over a late first round draft pick(s) any day.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Yeah, but the Seahawks are in better shape to win than both of those teams.  The Bears were coming off a losing record the off-season they traded for Mack weren't they?  The Colts gave up a first rounder after a losing season.  Seattle lost a close divisional playoff game.

Well, the colts thing is interesting...I mean, they lost their franchise quarterback before the start of the season, but the roster as a whole was otherwise okay. Not great, but with a competent quarterback they could have made the playoffs for sure. So I don't think where they finished the season was actually indicative of the roster's talent as a whole. They have some gaps, of course, but the team talent was pretty good. 

7 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

uist a minor difference between thise trades and adams... those gents are pass rushers and adams, although a terrific player, plays in a way thats no where near as valuable.

Also have to remember the teams involved. Chicago was coming off a 5 win season when they traded two firsts. The Seahawks havent had less than 9 wins since 2011 and are coming off an 11 win season. Those Chicago picks had way more value than Seattle's picks.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He's not wrong.

Having an elite safety is going to change the way the entire defense plays.  They've tried to hard to address this position and haven't been able to hit.  Now they have Adams.  Should be good for the next 7-10 years.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It actually raises an interesting situation if the team struggles and Darnold is largely just okay this year. If the team is picking top 5, in a draft that (supposedly) has three quarterback studs in Lance, Lawrence and Fields, do you draft the quarterback, trade Darnold and start over at this point? 

I think that would be decided in large part by who the new HC was and whether they believed Darnold could be the answer. 

I would imagine even if Darnold played just okay in year 3 they could fetch a 2nd for him with the team receiving him still having two years to work on him. 

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

The Bears were 5-11 the year prior to trading for Mack. Seahawks were 11-5 this past season. Those two picks from the Bears held way more value. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Well, the colts thing is interesting...I mean, they lost their franchise quarterback before the start of the season, but the roster as a whole was otherwise okay. Not great, but with a competent quarterback they could have made the playoffs for sure. So I don't think where they finished the season was actually indicative of the roster's talent as a whole. They have some gaps, of course, but the team talent was pretty good. 

Yeah, but the Colts gave up a first round pick in the top half of the draft AND paid Buckner a huge contract.  I'm fine with that because Buckner is more than like a much better player than the Colts would have gotten with the 13th pick.

Jamal Adams is an elite safety and Seattle is planning for those first round picks to be low first round picks.  If Seattle traded for an elite safety for a first round pick in the 27-32 range, then I honestly don't care.  I'd rather have Adams than two picks in the 27-32 range.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't care about first round draft picks.  I'd rather have an elite talent than draft picks.  That's always been my stance when other teams did these types of trades.  Give me Khalil Mack, DeForest Buckner, or Jamal Adams over a late first round draft pick(s) any day.

You know those players were originally acquired with guest what? DRAFT PICKS.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You know those players were originally acquired with guest what? DRAFT PICKS.

Uh, Jamal Adams was the SIXTH OVERALL PICK.  Seattle is a Superbowl contending team.

Like I said, give me an elite player at their position (Jamal Adams) over first round picks in the 27-32 range any day of the week.

* Edit:  I'm not saying this isn't a great deal for the Jets because it is.  The Jets are a bad team (no offense) and the draft picks will be huge for them.  For Seattle, they're really making a Superbowl push.  Adams means SO MUCH MORE to me than the 27th overall pick.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Uh, Jamal Adams was the SIXTH OVERALL PICK.  Seattle is a Superbowl contending team.

Like I said, give me an elite player at their position (Jamal Adams) over first round picks in the 27-32 range any day of the week.

* Edit:  I'm not saying this isn't a great deal for the Jets because it is.  The Jets are a bad team (no offense) and the draft picks will be huge for them.  For Seattle, they're really making a Superbowl push.  Adams means SO MUCH MORE to me than the 27th overall pick.

What I'm saying is you should want to draft better not just settle for trading picks. What you guys win when you did was hitting on draft picks. Unless you want to depend on Russell Wilson bailing the team out year after year.