Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

Just now, showtime said:

Two picks in the 27-32 range for this caliber of player?  Every. Single. Time

FTR, this is absolutely just best possible case scenario, and that has to be acknowledged. There is absolutely a situation where those picks aren't that bad. 

Obviously, there is the cataclysmic quarterback injury situation (just think, the Raiders could have had the 49ers #2 overall pick last year)

But the Seahawks are almost designed like a stars and scrubs team right now, and there's no guarantee that it works out in the end. The projected wins increased from 9.2 to 9.4 with this acquisition, from what I heard.  While it is extremely unlikely that the team is bad during these two years (barring injury), there's not an insignificant chance that they are mediocre, making those picks in the 15-20 range. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

What I'm saying is you should want to draft better not just settle for trading picks. What you guys win when you did was hitting on draft picks. Unless you want to depend on Russell Wilson bailing the team out year after year. 

Yes, if Seattle drafts well that would be awesome.  I get what you're saying.  I just don't value draft picks over elite players that are game changers.  Those type of players are so rare in the NFL and Jamal Adams is only 24.

With that said, I don't like the way he left the Jets.  Didn't really show leadership to me, so that's something he has to work on.  He seems like a great guy and a leader on the field, but he still needs to mature a bit off of it.

Just now, Forge said:

I mean, at this point, Adams had extended beyond that point. He was on his own and the distraction was absolutely on himself. 

I dont disagree with that. From my point of view, Gase helped create the issue initially. Adams had the right to respond but just kept it going.

• Like 2

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

You literally took a shot at him in a post right before replying to me. 

I posed a question in a very pointed way. I was asking you in your opinion if you felt one deserved more blame than the other.

Anyone paying attention knows Gase is an idiot.

Just now, showtime said:

Yes, if Seattle drafts well that would be awesome.  I get what you're saying.  I just don't value draft picks over elite players that are game changers.  Those type of players are so rare in the NFL and Jamal Adams is only 24.

With that said, I don't like the way he left the Jets.  Didn't really show leadership to me, so that's something he has to work on.  He seems like a great guy and a leader on the field, but he still needs to mature a bit off of it.

Adams is going to rub some of you the wrong way with his words and ME ME ME mentality honestly. If you're winning, which you guys should always hover around 10/11 wins with Wilson and Wagner leading the way but yeah Adams has this LOOK AT ME thing that gets old quick. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

FTR, this is absolutely just best possible case scenario, and that has to be acknowledged. There is absolutely a situation where those picks aren't that bad. 

Obviously, there is the cataclysmic quarterback injury situation (just think, the Raiders could have had the 49ers #2 overall pick last year)

But the Seahawks are almost designed like a stars and scrubs team right now, and there's no guarantee that it works out in the end. The projected wins increased from 9.2 to 9.4 with this acquisition, from what I heard.  While it is extremely unlikely that the team is bad during these two years (barring injury), there's not an insignificant chance that they are mediocre, making those picks in the 15-20 range. 

Of course.  Seattle could have a top 10 pick next season.  To back up your point, but the opposite way, I thought when the Bears traded for Khalil Mack after going 5-11 that they had given the Raiders two draft picks in the top half of the first round.  So yeah, you're right... the picks could be much lower, which would be even better for the Jets.

As the Seahawks, you have to look at this from best case scenario, though.  They were really close to making the NFC Championship game last season.  The 49ers are the best team in the conference, so you have to get better.  Personally, I think Seattle has the best chance at beating the Niners in the entire NFC.  This was a risk, but it's a calculated risk 😃

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

I posed a question in a very pointed way. I was asking you in your opinion if you felt one deserved more blame than the other.

Anyone paying attention knows Gase is an idiot.

These were your words. 

Good trade for both teams i think. Problem is Adam Gase will find a way to screw it up with those picks.

I'm good man, have that conversation with someone else.