Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Adams is going to rub some of you the wrong way with his words and ME ME ME mentality honestly. If you're winning, which you guys should always hover around 10/11 wins with Wilson and Wagner leading the way but yeah Adams has this LOOK AT ME thing that gets old quick. 

I'm just curious because I honestly don't know.  You've been around for a long time.  Before all this crap happened where Adams wanted out, how do you feel about him as a player?  I know you follow the Jets really closely.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

Of course.  Seattle could have a top 10 pick next season.  To back up your point, but the opposite way, I thought when the Bears traded for Khalil Mack after going 5-11 that they had given the Raiders two draft picks in the top half of the first round.  So yeah, you're right... the picks could be much lower, which would be even better for the Jets.

As the Seahawks, you have to look at this from best case scenario, though.  They were really close to making the NFC Championship game last season.  The 49ers are the best team in the conference, so you have to get better.  Personally, I think Seattle has the best chance at beating the Niners in the entire NFC.  This was a risk, but it's a calculated risk 😃

I hate this entire division. Hopkins on the block? Oh, Cards got him. Jamal Adams and Clowney? Ohhhh, that's Seattle time! Jalen Ramsey is on the block! The rams have dibs...

Just now, KingOfNewYork said:

Was Seattle a Jamal Adams away from taking that step last year?

I've always heard that their issues were on the OL and not having the pass rush they're known for.

They lost a really close game to the Packers in the NFC Divisional Round.  Aaron Rodgers and Devante Adams destroyed them for certain stretches.  Seattle doesn't have a playmaker in the secondary that can make a massive play the way Adams does, even if it's Adams getting a sack or a tackle for a loss. 

Last year Seattle went 1-1 vs the Niners in the regular season and both games came down to essentially the last drive of the game.  That would have been a really competitive NFC championship match, had it happened.

Just now, showtime said:

I'm just curious because I honestly don't know.  You've been around for a long time.  Before all this crap happened where Adams wanted out, how do you feel about him as a player?  I know you follow the Jets really closely.

Elite player but he's been look at me since he got here. It just was tolerable because he wasn't attacking the team. Then he began attacking the organization and take veiled shots on twitter about other organizations and players. A lot of people compared it to Revis but it was nothing like that because Revis truly bled green both Jet green and money green.

Most said it was the losing but that to me showed signs that he's not a leader and he's a front runner. He couldn't face adversity and he blamed everyone he could to get his way. 

When he gets to Seattle he'll put on this act that he's all about the team and winning and if you guys are winning you'll be fine. Luckily Pete is okay with guys being outspoken. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I hate this entire division. Hopkins on the block? Oh, Cards got him. Jamal Adams and Clowney? Ohhhh, that's Seattle time! Jalen Ramsey is on the block! The rams have dibs...

Everyone is after the 49ers.  Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

They lost a really close game to the Packers in the NFC Divisional Round.  Aaron Rodgers and Devante Adams destroyed them for certain stretches.  Seattle doesn't have a playmaker in the secondary that can make a massive play the way Adams does, even if it's Adams getting a sack or a tackle for a loss. 

Last year Seattle went 1-1 vs the Niners in the regular season and both games came down to essentially the last drive of the game.  That would have been a really competitive NFC championship match, had it happened.

Is Pete Carroll going to let him roam around like he needs tho? GW used him as a Robber, so did Bowles. What does the Chancellor role consist of and is the upgrade from Bradley to Jamal that steep in this case?

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Elite player but he's been look at me since he got here. It just was tolerable because he wasn't attacking the team. Then he began attacking the organization and take veiled shots on twitter about other organizations and players. A lot of people compared it to Revis but it was nothing like that because Revis truly bled green both Jet green and money green.

Most said it was the losing but that to me showed signs that he's not a leader and he's a front runner. He couldn't face adversity and he blamed everyone he could to get his way. 

When he gets to Seattle he'll put on this act that he's all about the team and winning and if you guys are winning you'll be fine. Luckily Pete is okay with guys being outspoken. 

Do the Jets have any leaders on their team on the defensive side?  I know they were a good defensive unit last year.  Did they have a player like Bobby Wagner who everyone respected and was the leader of the unit, or was that on Adams shoulders to be the leader?  Maybe he's just not ready to be a leader and needs to be on a team with vets that can guide him.

What you wrote kind of reminded me of Richard Sherman and Michael Bennett.  Those guys were the leaders and as things began to fall apart, it became really difficult for Russell Wilson to assume a leadership position.  Now, Wilson is firmly one of the leaders along with Bobby Wagner.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

Do the Jets have any leaders on their team on the defensive side?  I know they were a good defensive unit last year.  Did they have a player like Bobby Wagner who everyone respected and was the leader of the unit, or was that on Adams shoulders to be the leader?  Maybe he's just not ready to be a leader and needs to be on a team with vets that can guide him.

What you wrote kind of reminded me of Richard Sherman and Michael Bennett.  Those guys were the leaders and as things began to fall apart, it became really difficult for Russell Wilson to assume a leadership position.  Now, Wilson is firmly one of the leaders along with Bobby Wagner.

The better question is does the entire team have any leaders at all?

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

CJ Mosley, Steve McLendon. Adams was more of the vocal leader, very loud kid and they liked the energy. Its like a gift and a curse. When things are going good its amazing, when they aren't well you see what happened. Adams began to melt down this year though.

Going into an established situation should be good for him, he can just focus on ball. But I have this feeling he'll try to establish himself and prove himself right. Will that impact your team? Idk but an 8-8 or 9-7 season would show me a lot about his character.

Just saying I'd rather have what the Jets got than what the Seahawks got. They're in a very favorable position moving forward. Adams doesn't move the needle enough for me, seems almost unnecessary for a team that has a guy like Russell Wilson who routinely carries his teams. Marginal difference maker imo.

Edited by EagleBlueDon