August4th

Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

I think the difference in conception between "Hybrid S" and hybrid defenders in general. I see Adams as clearly a guy you want to play close to the ball. In the box/slot/SS/LB type role. As a S, you do NOT want to use him in single high.

Is he a good player? Sure.

Is he worth that price to get him PLUS what's likely a huge new contract? That is much more debatable.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, NJC33 said:

His 23 pressures last season (NFL record for a S), probably arbitrary too? 

The dude just had a season where he played 100+ snaps as a pass rusher, 300+ against the run & 500+ in coverage. To claim he doesn't play a 'hybrid' role is about as asinine as it gets. 

...And yes, he did all three at an elite level. 

If you think spending 300 snaps playing the run and 500 in coverage (the majority of which are still lined up low in the box) constitutes someone as a hybrid safety than every SS in the NFL plays a hybrid role. You're basically saying that Adams is a Hybrid Safety because he rushes the passer more than other safeties. Let alone an elite HOF Hybrid Safety like was claimed.

Edit: And because I can tell you're perceiving it this way; I'm not saying he isn't elite. I'm merely commenting from the position of someone who literally watched every snap of Ed Reed, Troy Polamalu and Brian Dawkins' careers and teh overwhelming majority of snaps from Bob Sanders (still way overrated), Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, and every other elite S's careers since 2004. Hell, I even prefer Adam's playstyle to that of say Fitzpatrick (See Polamalu vs Reed). But to say he's a hybrid because he plays the run and occasionally drops deep as a SS is ridiculous.

Edited by BlaqOptic

4 hours ago, Warhorse said:

I guess I'm too old. I can't understand jack in that quote. 

Translation: Adams talked up a bunch of stuff to convince Bell to sign with the Jets. Then one season after Bell signs, Adams loses his mind and forces a trade. Bell is calling out Adams for thism

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Wonder what my heat map looks like from the couch to the fridge to the bathroom and the bed.

• Like 1

Awful move by the Jets. They gave up a future HOFer for picks that are going to land between 27 and 32. Odds are those picks turn into decent starters or role players.

I don't see how it's bad move for Seattle. They are in Super Bowl window mode. Every move they make should be about maximizing their chances in the next 3 years of getting to and winning as many as they can

8 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Awful move by the Jets. They gave up a future HOFer for picks that are going to land between 27 and 32. Odds are those picks turn into decent starters or role players.

Needed to get him out of the locker room/building.

NFC West be like...

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Forge said:

NFC West be like

Ramsey, Hopkins, now Adams...

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Ramsey, Hopkins, now Adams...

Don't forget Trent Williams (and Clowney, if you consider him disgruntled at the time rather than just stuck as a negotiation impasse) 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Don't forget Trent Williams. 

O snap, you're right! I completely forget about that trade!

• Like 1