Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

8 hours ago, Skippy said:

Can someone with a 10th grade or above education please tell me what he's trying to say here and do it without using slang.

From my understanding, he’s essentially saying: “Some guys, and I’m specifically referring to Jamaal Adams, give you all of these speeches to recruit you to come play for their team, to make you think they believe in the future and vision of that squad, only to whine and abandon ship the moment they feel things don’t go their way. These type of people... and again I’m referring to Jamal Adams here (but I won’t say his name because I somehow believe it makes me seem morally superior), are frauds; They speak one way on social media and on the internet to make themselves seem like great leaders of men, but in the end they’re only looking out for number one, they don’t care about the brotherhood. This makes me upset that I trusted this man’s word!”

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

(but I won’t say his name because I somehow believe it makes me seem morally superior)

Yea. Their reason for not doing so tends to differ, but these guys aren't exactly Chicago Drill rappers with their willingness to throw out names. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

This is how I feel ^^^. Seahawks have made a career of tweener types fitting very specific roles. Adams isn't a tweener necessarily because that implies you don't have a true fit. Adamsis a perfect fit for the Seahawks and what they want to do on defense

8 hours ago, showtime said:

I look at this deal the same way I looked at the Khalil Mack deal and the same way I viewed the DeForest Buckner trade.  You're not getting a player of Mack's caliber with the first round picks given up.  I know Buckner was traded for one first rounder (13th overall), but you're not getting a player of Buckner's ability with that pick.

Jamal Adams is 24 and arguably the best safety in the league.  Yes, two first rounders is a hefty price to pay, but Seattle is hoping those first are later.  They're making a push at a Superbowl.  They were close to beating Green Bay last season in the divisional round and Devante Adams gashed them.

They're probably also the one team in the NFC that can go toe-to-toe with the 49ers, even though they are less talented.

Buckner was the 7th overall pick and we got back #13 for him. For all intents and purposes Javon Kinlaw wouldn't have been available at 13 in most years if he would have been able to get physicals from every team who was interested. Also this draft had some premium talent which pushed him down. 

I get your point, but this was a lot to give up to pay someone on top of it. He is going to be a Seahawk for a long time and will undoubtedly be an allpro there. Hard to feel bad about adding a legit all pro to your defense if you're a Seahawk fan 

Antonio brown Seattle signing incoming ... 

Dang. We got a good package but lost a great player. Seattle fans, y’all got the real deal. The dude sees plays develop before the ball is even snapped. He’s not just a box safety. The dude can cover TEs, blitz, stop the run and play in space all around the field.

On another note, seems like Jets fans were more accurate on his trade value. Other fanbases are sleeping on how valuable he is on the field.

Edited by SDotNova

7 hours ago, showtime said:

I thought that claim was a bit out of bounds because I haven't watched many Jets games.  I live in Texas, so I mainly get every Cowboys and Texans game.  Based on that video, though Adams seems like he has absurd instincts and he watches a ton of film.  He definitely seems like someone who is a massive game changer.  He can rush the passer, stop the run, and cover.

When I watched that video, I thought of Troy Polamalu a bit.

Some Jets fans compare him to Polamalu. Then INTs are his biggest issue. People jump on Jets fans for making that comparison and say we have green colored glasses. Y’all will see how good he is.

Edited by SDotNova
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Warhorse said:

I guess I'm too old. I can't understand jack in that quote. 

Haha...no...you are spot on. Typical Bell incomprehensible dribble.  But if I had to guess, Bell is butt-hurt that Adams accomplished what he couldn't.

Regarding the haul, as has been mentioned, these two picks will likely be, at best, in the low 20s...

...so while on paper, it looks to be an overpay, but if reworded to better indicate what was actually traded, it could best be described as 2 x late-1sts and a late-3rd for the #6 Overall pick (Adams) and an early-4th, which, in all fairness, isn't too terribly bad.  How many teams would trade two late-20s and a 3rd, for a #6 overall pick and a 4th??  I'm thinking, quite a few...

If Adams has anywhere near the impact that Minkah had for us, then it's a good, fair trade for both sides.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Haha...no...you are spot on. Typical Bell incomprehensible dribble.  But if I had to guess, Bell is butt-hurt that Adams accomplished what he couldn't.

Regarding the haul, as has been mentioned, these two picks will likely be, at best, in the low 20s...

...so while on paper, it looks to be an overpay, but if reworded to better indicate what was actually traded, it could best be described as 2 x late-1sts and a late-3rd for the #6 Overall pick (Adams) and an early-4th, which, in all fairness, isn't too terribly bad.  How many teams would trade two late-20s and a 3rd, for a #6 overall pick and a 4th??  I'm thinking, quite a few...

If Adams has anywhere near the impact that Minkah had for us, then it's a good, fair trade for both sides.

Why would Bell be butt hurt? Adams was all y’all, lied on the team and basically destroyed everyone to get his way. Bell was professional about his issue in Pittsburgh, got paid in the end. Adams was a huge part in pushing Bell to New York and he went back on his word at the first sign of adversity. He’s a front runner, not a leader or a culture changer. I understand you’re a Seahawk fan but a spades a spade.

16 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah this is more then Mack 

Yea I think this is the craziest trade ever considering it is for a strong safety.

While Bears gave up a lot for Mack at least he plays a premium position.

Not sure what the Seahawks were thinking here. 

13 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

What I'm saying is you should want to draft better not just settle for trading picks. What you guys win when you did was hitting on draft picks. Unless you want to depend on Russell Wilson bailing the team out year after year. 

2 starters at cheap salary for 5 years.  

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Why would Bell be butt hurt? Adams was all y’all, lied on the team and basically destroyed everyone to get his way. Bell was professional about his issue in Pittsburgh, got paid in the end. Adams was a huge part in pushing Bell to New York and he went back on his word at the first sign of adversity. He’s a front runner, not a leader or a culture changer. I understand you’re a Seahawk fan but a spades a spade.

Ummm...Bell lost an entire season of pay, where Adams has not...Adams did not need to sit out an entire year to get what he felt he deserved...

...not too mention, the Steelers offered him a contract that would have 'reset' the RB payscale, at 5 years-$70M, $10M guaranteed (of course, this cam after he turned them down to sign a S14.5M Tag (just $500K short of his later-stated, $15M 'demand'), that would have paid him $33M in his first 2 seasons...knowing that the Steelers have a history of never cutting a player with that level of contract within the first 2 years...

And instead, he agrees to $13M per, with $35M guaranteed...a year later...no...sorry, Bell did not get what he originally had held out for in Pittsburgh, and ultimately took an $17.5M + the $14.5M he left sitting on the table for a year, less contract.  If he would have just played the $14.5M per season...THEN went to FA, as team player, and another, most assuredly, pro-bowl level season, behind one of the best running OL in the league, he likely would have received a higher/better contract than he signed with the Jets, to run 3.2 YPR??

But you go ahead an believe what you will about Bell getting 'paid'...he left a minimum of $14.5M sitting on the table, and likely $33M over the 2018-2019 seasons, for $0 in 2018, and just $9M in 2019...hmmm

And sorry, but thought my name was fairly obvious that I am a Steelers' fan...

16 hours ago, Warhorse said:

I guess I'm too old. I can't understand jack in that quote. 

I know where you are coming from. I can't understand what most of these young men write, much of it is as difficult to translate as that language Cam Newton constantly uses.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, N4L said:

This is how I feel ^^^. Seahawks have made a career of tweener types fitting very specific roles. Adams isn't a tweener necessarily because that implies you don't have a true fit. Adamsis a perfect fit for the Seahawks and what they want to do on defense

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-while-not-the-best-safety-in-the-2020-draft-class-xavier-mckinney-still-projects-as-a-good-prospect

"McKinney played everywhere for the Crimson tide — 323 snaps in the box, 227 in the slot and 271 deep."

If that's what they were looking for, could've just taken Xavier McKinney in the first round instead of Jordyn Brooks.