Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

4 minutes ago, Gmen said:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-while-not-the-best-safety-in-the-2020-draft-class-xavier-mckinney-still-projects-as-a-good-prospect

"McKinney played everywhere for the Crimson tide — 323 snaps in the box, 227 in the slot and 271 deep."

If that's what they were looking for, could've just taken Xavier McKinney in the first round instead of Jordyn Brooks.

Yeah bc Xavier McKinney is a carbon copy of Jamal Adams lol

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Danand said:

I know where you are coming from. I can't understand what most of these young men write, much of it is as difficult to translate as that language Cam Newton constantly uses.

Bell called out Adam's for recruiting him to NY with all these promises of building a great franchise, then immediately whined his way out of NY. The opposite of what he promised Bell.

So, I admit - I haven't really kept up with watching Adams after college. I took a bit to watch a highlight reel of him, as well as some moments he had when he's not looked so good.

He actually might be worth those picks. He plays so much faster than anyone else on the field, and his instincts are next level good - even when he's out of position, he's in on the play because he knows he's out of position and knows the quickest path to get back into position.

He's a very special player, will be interesting to see him deployed like either Kam or ET - he's got the skillset to be either guy back there.

• Like 1

I feel like the Hawks gave up a little too much especially when you have to pay him too top market. However when you believe you an contender sometimes taking a risk is needed. He's a difference maker. 

Also, people locking in Seattle picks as late 1st. NFC West is strong this season and if Hawks don't find a pass rush or Wilson goes down this team can be in serious trouble. SF are the champs, Cards has Kyler/Nuke/Fritz and McVay started to adjust late in the season for Rams.    

22 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Guys the two first rounders could be anything, even an elite safety!

They can maybe finally draft some offensive players in the first round. Because drafting defense has done them a lot of good. 

I don't see the 2021 draft pick being worth a **** anyway. Chances are the college season will be canceled. Then what happens in the draft? The known quantities, will go high, but it will be a complete crap shoot. I'm guessing that's why they were willing to part w/ two 1st round picks,.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

So, I admit - I haven't really kept up with watching Adams after college. I took a bit to watch a highlight reel of him, as well as some moments he had when he's not looked so good.

He actually might be worth those picks. He plays so much faster than anyone else on the field, and his instincts are next level good - even when he's out of position, he's in on the play because he knows he's out of position and knows the quickest path to get back into position.

He's a very special player, will be interesting to see him deployed like either Kam or ET - he's got the skillset to be either guy back there.

He cannot play the ET role.