Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

5 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Great deal for both teams considering the junk Seattle normally picks up in the 1st anyway. 

This is a fair point. But all I can say is I’m glad the Ravens smartly backed out of any dealings. Giving up that kind of value and then the contract to boot.

Jets got a great haul here, especially considering how well their 2020 draft looked, if they can continue to bring in good classes they can be the class of that division in no time.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So I'm no compensation expert but my gut tells me the Seahawks just massively overpaid for Jamal Adams. Am I correct in that assessment?

I would certainly say they overpaid. But I suppose considering the 1st round pick success of late, it might not be the worst move.

Also Russell Wilson is likely in his peak seasons and they’re in a tough division, if they’re going to win another ring it’ll take an All Pro talent to get them over the jump. So while this move might hurt them later, I can’t fault them for making a push to maximize their championship chances with Wilson in tow. They’re not in the rookie QB window anymore, but they’re in the “prime QB” window so I suppose we can’t fault them too much... even if I think it’s an overpay.

• Like 1

Im one of those guys who think draft picks are way overvalued.....they essentially got the new Earl Thomas for 2 rolls of the dice.

Really my issue is the 3rd rounder haha.....I think 2 firsts for Adams and a 4th was cool.

Im still gonna say win win though.....when you have a franchise QB these picks are always going to be in the 20's range. If your the Jets you now have your early pick and a late shot in the dark for the next 2 years.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

I would certainly say they overpaid. But I suppose considering the 1st round pick success of late, it might not be the worst move.

Also Russell Wilson is likely in his peak seasons and they’re in a tough division, if they’re going to win another ring it’ll take an All Pro talent to get them over the jump. So while this move might hurt them later, I can’t fault them for making a push to maximize their championship chances with Wilson in tow. They’re not in the rookie QB window anymore, but they’re in the “prime QB” window so I suppose we can’t fault them too much... even if I think it’s an overpay.

They still need pass rush though. They've got absolutely nothing there and the thing that allowed Seattle to just plug-and-play guys during the Sherman/ET era (even when Kam was hurt) was having guys like Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril there to pressure the QB. Right now they've got actually nothing.

• Like 1