Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

5 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Darnold is probably on the chopping block sooner rather than later. If he has another whatever year, and Gase is kicked out the new boss in town will have great capital to kick off his coaching campaign. 

I would take him in a heartbeat. 

1 hour ago, Drained said:

Is the 2021 first round pick really worth that much if there is no college fb

I think they might be worth more.  Juniors will not want to run the risk of not having a 2021 season, and more juniors will likely declare, on top of all of the seniors.  We already have film on these guys, it just makes any individual workouts and the combine mean more.  

1 hour ago, Drained said:

I mean, a day later Diggs went for two firsts to Buffalo, you cannot tell me that the best offer on the table for DHop was a 2nd and 4th. I believe BoB didn't want to ship him to the AFC, at least thats what I read on the twittersphere.

In an ideal world we trade DHop for Pat Pete and a 5th. Hasn't played particularly the best in the past few seasons but we need to cover holes in our secondary.

Diggs went to Buffalo for a first and assorted picks, but I get what you mean.  But again, he's also a year younger, and was likely getting less in a contract extension.  

Trent Williams went for a 2021 third and a 2020 fifth, and he's been a top 3-5 tackle in his career, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and nearing the end of his contract.  

Age and money mean a lot for trades in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Did he hire Gase?

We hired Gase in Jan 2019. Then we hired Douglas in June 2019 after the draft. Last year was atypical to say the least. Gase reports directly to the owner. Not sure how typical this is around the league but our HC and GM are at the same level in the org structure.

Gase recruited Douglas though. So, Gase is by no means a lame duck. They seem to be on the same page in terms of team building.

Edited by SDotNova