August4th

Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

17 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I absolutely love the way Adams plays, and he can be a difference-maker in a position/role that rarely is.  But ehhh...that's so much to give up.  Even the best impact SS like Kam in his prime, i'm not sure that's worth what those picks could be for a team that is dealing with the cap realities of what an elite QB costs.

What about Troy P? Or Brian Dawkins? 

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

I dont understand the "Too much to draft capital for an All Pro". Look at picks 20-32 from 2018-2014 years :

Pro Bowlers

2018 (1/12 ; L Jackson)

2017 (2/12; Watt, T. White)

2016 (1/12 ; K. Clark)

2015 (1/12 ; B. Jones)

2014 (4/12 ; HHCD, Verrett, Ford, Bridgewater)

Thats 9 Pro Bowlers out of 60 picks [15%]. And Pro Bowls are such a low bar nowadays. Realistically, you are lucky IF you nab an above average starter in that zone. To me, those two fliers are well worth a legit All Pro. I guess one way of looking at it is if you prefer having ideally two starters for 6-7 million  or an All-Pro making 15-16 million [Which for Adams probably wont even kick in until 2021 or 2022].

I’d rather have Watt and White than Adams.

I just think the upgrade from McDougald to Adams and parting with 3 quality draft picks is insane. 

Seattle sends 4 and drops 7 as well, I just think there’s better use of Adams skill set than that. 

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

I dont understand the "Too much to draft capital for an All Pro". Look at picks 20-32 from 2018-2014 years :

Pro Bowlers

2018 (1/12 ; L Jackson)

2017 (2/12; Watt, T. White)

2016 (1/12 ; K. Clark)

2015 (1/12 ; B. Jones)

2014 (4/12 ; HHCD, Verrett, Ford, Bridgewater)

Thats 9 Pro Bowlers out of 60 picks [15%]. And Pro Bowls are such a low bar nowadays. Realistically, you are lucky IF you nab an above average starter in that zone. To me, those two fliers are well worth a legit All Pro. I guess one way of looking at it is if you prefer having ideally two starters for 6-7 million  or an All-Pro making 15-16 million [Which for Adams probably wont even kick in until 2021 or 2022].

pretty flawed way to look at it. a guy can be really good and if the publooic doesnt know who he is, hes likely not getting to the pro bowl. i checked a couple years to see if this was true, id love evan engram, will fuller, ryan ramcyzk on my team. certainly at least a handful of others as well.

25 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’d rather have Watt and White than Adams.

I just think the upgrade from McDougald to Adams and parting with 3 quality draft picks is insane. 

Seattle sends 4 and drops 7 as well, I just think there’s better use of Adams skill set than that. 

With two picks from 20-32 in general are way more likely to end up Taco Carleton and Artie Burns than Watt and Tre.

My point being if you feel like your team is close to making a run, two late 1sts is for an All Pro isnt an over pay considering the type of talent that is usually sitting there. 

Good deal for the Jets since it gives them more chances to hit on pieces moving forward, and more capital to move around in the draft. For Seattle Adams makes much more sense in 2020-2021 than a two wildcards over the next 3 years.

20 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

pretty flawed way to look at it. a guy can be really good and if the publooic doesnt know who he is, hes likely not getting to the pro bowl. i checked a couple years to see if this was true, id love evan engram, will fuller, ryan ramcyzk on my team. certainly at least a handful of others as well.

The point being, landing those players is such a crap shoot. For every Will Fuller, you also get Josh Doctson, Laquan Treadwell, Phillip Dorset, Nelson Aghalor, or Breshard Perriman. For every Ramcyzk you also get Garrett Bolles, Cedric Ogebuchi, Germain Ifedi, or Isiah Wynn. TE seems like a pretty bankable late 1st pick though.

So if you are a team that FEELS like they are on the cusp of making a run at a Super Bowl, Adams makes more sense in 2020 and 2021. Barring an injury or massive decline in play, Adams will be a net benefit in 2020, and 2021 (over the potential pick) as well.  Now in 2022, 2022, 2024 thats when things can begin to balance out or swing the other way. But that's totally reliant on the Jets hitting on one or both of the picks. 

• Like 1

They shouldn't have traded Frank Clark if they wanted a young, high impact defender.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, animaltested said:

With two picks from 20-32 in general are way more likely to end up Taco Carleton and Artie Burns than Watt and Tre.

My point being if you feel like your team is close to making a run, two late 1sts is for an All Pro isnt an over pay considering the type of talent that is usually sitting there. 

Good deal for the Jets since it gives them more chances to hit on pieces moving forward, and more capital to move around in the draft. For Seattle Adams makes much more sense in 2020-2021 than a two wildcards over the next 3 years.

Seattle wasn't a Jamal Adams away from making a run though. I feel like an offensive linemen, EDGE or another weapon would have been way more valuable in their pursuit. Seattle fans also have to stop excusing their poor drafting in the first round for their acceptance to giving up 1st round picks. 

And sure those picks could be Burns and Taco but when has giving up major draft capital like that ever worked to the benefit of a team in the short term. For the Seahawks it has to result in a Super Bowl win because you were already getting close without him but I never looked at that team and said you know Jamal Adams puts them over the top. 

18 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They shouldn't have traded Frank Clark if they wanted a young, high impact defender.

Spending 4 years around Frank Clark is probably all a team needs to want to get him the **** out of there. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Spending 4 years around Frank Clark is probably all a team needs to want to get him the **** out of there. 

Clark is a scumbag human being.

18 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This is just a weird reply. But okay. 

You compared Maye and Jackson, which I replied to the difference. Not sure how that’s “weird”

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Jamal Adams is a star, hes a great player. But he is a me first guy and fake, it was clear he wasn't really respected by players on the team as no one congratulated him. He got what he wanted, he wanted off the Jets. He has a fragile ego and I don't think he liked being on a bad team, he wants it easy and to go to a team that can win now. Thats why hes a fake leader as well, if he was really a leader he'd be there for the ups and downs. Hes the kind of guy who gives up when its tough.  The Jets are a team heading in the right direction, I have faith that Gase is going to be fired after this season and hopefully Joe Douglas hires the right man for HC.   The Jets will be a desirable spot because of a young QB with tons of talent, and loads of draft picks and cap flexibility.  Losing Adams hurts with young talent, but the dude wouldn't shut up and was mentally fragile. 

But they're going to have to use all the draft picks to trade up for that young QB with tons of talent...

Wait.. you meant Darnold!??

Edited by Gmen

12 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Seattle wasn't a Jamal Adams away from making a run though. I feel like an offensive linemen, EDGE or another weapon would have been way more valuable in their pursuit. Seattle fans also have to stop excusing their poor drafting in the first round for their acceptance to giving up 1st round picks. 

And sure those picks could be Burns and Taco but when has giving up major draft capital like that ever worked to the benefit of a team in the short term. For the Seahawks it has to result in a Super Bowl win because you were already getting close without him but I never looked at that team and said you know Jamal Adams puts them over the top. 

2019, Frank Clark (1st + 2nd), Minkah Fitzpartrick (1st), Larmey Tunsil (1st + 1st + 2nd), Jalen Ramsey  (1st + 1st). All those teams improved after making those trades. The Chiefs won the Super Bowl. 

I dont think the bar is a Super Bowl TBH. Really it comes down to Adams maintaining his All Pro Level of play for a few more years.

8 hours ago, Zopound said:

You compared Maye and Jackson, which I replied to the difference. Not sure how that’s “weird”

I literally never compared them two. 

8 minutes ago, animaltested said:

2019, Frank Clark (1st + 2nd), Minkah Fitzpartrick (1st), Larmey Tunsil (1st + 1st + 2nd), Jalen Ramsey  (1st + 1st). All those teams improved after making those trades. The Chiefs won the Super Bowl. 

I dont think the bar is a Super Bowl TBH. Really it comes down to Adams maintaining his All Pro Level of play for a few more years.

Chiefs swapped Ford for Clark. Should have just kept Ford. 

Rams and Steelers missed the playoffs. They didn’t get better.

The goal isn’t that Super Bowl???? Lol then the trade doesn’t make sense. 

16 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Clark is a scumbag human being.

Don't know if you played football in high school, but I never saw it as the club for all the good guys at school to join. Pretty much all of the ***** at my school were on the team. NFL is no different. These aren't good guys out there, doesn't matter what team you pick.