August4th

Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

1 minute ago, MonserinNC said:

Im one of those guys who think draft picks are way overvalued.....they essentially got the new Earl Thomas for 2 rolls of the dice.

Really my issue is the 3rd rounder haha.....I think 2 firsts for Adams and a 4th was cool.

Im still gonna say win win though.....when you have a franchise QB these picks are always going to be in the 20's range. If your the Jets you now have your early pick and a late shot in the dark for the next 2 years.

Isn't Jamal Adams a SS?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Nice deal for the Jets. Two first round picks is a nuce haul. This is a HUGE blow to their defense, though. They're going to be quite a bit worse in the short term. 

Great piece added for the Hawks too. Theyre going to be a tough team to beat this year. Those two first round picks are like in the mid-20s or later.

Edited by WizeGuy

1 minute ago, MonserinNC said:

Im one of those guys who think draft picks are way overvalued.....they essentially got the new Earl Thomas for 2 rolls of the dice.

I feel like its more like they got another Chancellor. Adams isn't a rangy single high safety like Thomas was, which I consider far more valuable. 

• Like 4

I think a lot of people will focus on the "2 First Round Picks" a little more than they should....well maybe

First the Seahawks kinda stink at drafting in the 1st round

Second those picks will be in the mid to late 20s or even 30s with RW at QB

Third they are making a run at one more Super Bowl during this window if you would call it that

Did they overpay? Yes i think so, did they overpay as much as some will make it out to be? Not so sure about that

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like its more like they got another Chancellor. Adams isn't a rangy single high safety like Thomas was, which I consider far more valuable. 

Alright new Chancellor.......jeeezzz haha

football nerds.....you know what I mean

4 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Really my issue is the 3rd rounder haha.....I think 2 firsts for Adams and a 4th was cool.

Im still gonna say win win though.....when you have a franchise QB these picks are always going to be in the 20's range. If your the Jets you now have your early pick and a late shot in the dark for the next 2 years.

Seattle is terrible at using 1st round picks too.

Just now, candyman93 said:

Seattle is terrible at using 1st round picks too.

Recently they've just been bad at drafting, period. Though, their high-round picks have been substantially worse.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Wouldn’t pay Earl but trade all that for Adams? lol 

Well earl is old now so..

Posted (edited)

The draft this year could be completely different this year, they probably considered that. I don't get the logic of giving up on first round picks because they suck at it, it can change with one pick. Things change all the time. You're dealing with a salary cap, you have to hit on draft picks. I understand going for it though, I can see why they did it

Edited by EL Guapo

The logic of, "well, they have been bad at making first round picks anyway" is just not good. 

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Well earl is old now so..

31 is old? Coming off another very good year? Ok then...