Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

6 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Past results are not indictave of future returns.

Purely from a statistics standpoint, maybe...

But you could probably look at a coach like Gase or any other awful HC and indicate that they’re going to keep sucking, lol. You wouldn’t hire Jeff Fisher and say his past failures aren’t going to be telling for what’s to come.

• Like 1

Great great player. But I’m stunned the Jets were able to get this return, particularly with how publicly vocal and toxic Adams was recently. 

Jets fans can at least breathe a sigh of relief that they didn’t get swindled in a panic trade. 

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

It is when you have the same bad management. I honestly am indifferent toward the Jets...because they’re awful an no threat to any of my favorite teams. 

What bad management? Douglas has been GM for a little over a year now (13 months), and saying that the front office is already turning toxic & incompetent? His first rookie class have barely even signed their contracts yet. 

3 minutes ago, Johnthejetsfan said:

What bad management? Douglas has been GM for a little over a year now (13 months), and saying that the front office is already turning toxic & incompetent? His first rookie class have barely even signed their contracts yet. 

Their medical management of Osemele is all I really need to see. But if your happy...yay you. 

Edited by sammymvpknight

9 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

To call him the Aaron Donald of safeties sort of shows you don’t watch either. Aaron Donald has no peers as a defensive tackle, only underlings. Adams doesn’t even have claim as the league's best. 

I'll be a little more transparent. Donald is going into Year 7 and is definitely the consensus top at his position.

Adams is going into Year 4. Right around the same time Donald completely separate himself from the pack. I think these next few seasons will tell a lot. I don't think he's even come close to tapping his ceiling yet. People don't realize how special he is.

When you can cover a prime Gronk one-on-one as a 1st/2nd year DB in the league, you are special.

Edited by Nex_Gen

13 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

The reason he is blitzed more is because he's maybe, good at it? 12 sacks in 3 seasons. As a SAFETY. He is the exception. Not the rule. And yeah, he sure isn't elite in coverage. That's why he plays high, man's TEs and covers the slot. He only checks all three boxes. He gets a lot of sacks though. That must mean he can't cover!

Quick... Do you know his blitz success rate? Oh you don't. So you just say he's good at it... Stop, as Ying-Yang said the fact that you compared him to Aaron Donald and made claims to being the best S in the NFL for the next decade shows you don't actually watch the guy. Average Tackle is 5 yards from the LoS. Less than double digit targets beyond 15 yards downfield. But I'm sure you knew all that. Less than 1/3 of his snaps in a C2 or C4 deep shell.

Edit: And this isn't me saying he isn't good or elite. But pretending he's a Hybrid Safety who's going to anchor a Cover 3 the way Troy Polamalu and Brian Dawkins id in a Zone Blitz scheme or will interchangibly play the tradiaional SS or FS role on different snaps the way Ed Reed did prior to his neck injury is a joke. He's not shown hismelf to be able to do that (yet).

Edited by BlaqOptic

5 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Their medical management of Osemele is all I really need to see. But if your happy...yay you. 

You don’t have any idea what you’re talking about. Osemele was cleared to play through injury and he even agreed at the time of the trade(which Douglas didn’t make) and then went back on his word so he could prep for free agency. You cannot have surgery without team approval.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Quick... Do you know his blitz success rate? Oh you don't. So you just say he's good at it... Stop, as Ying-Yang said the fact that you compared him to Aaron Donald and made claims to being the best S in the NFL for the next decade shows you don't actually watch the guy. Average Tackle is 5 yards from the LoS. Less than double digit targets beyond 15 yards downfield. But I'm sure you knew all that. Less than 1/3 of his snaps in a C2 or C4 deep shell.

Edit: And this isn't me saying he isn't good or elite. But pretending he's a Hybrid Safety who's going to anchor a Cover 3 the way Troy Polamalu and Brian Dawkins id in a Zone Blitz scheme or will interchangibly play the tradiaional SS or FS role on different snaps the way Ed Reed did prior to his neck injury is a joke. He's not shown hismelf to be able to do that (yet).

Nearly 300 snaps lined up at free safety last year.  But go off.

2014489419_ScreenShot2020-07-25at2_46_30

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Nearly 300 snaps lined up at free safety last year.  But go off.

2014489419_ScreenShot2020-07-25at2_46_30

PFF classifies SS vs FS based on which side of the field you line up on not by your assignment... But do go on... I also like how you ignore that over half the snaps are atPFF's designation D-Line or in the Box like i said... But do go on...