Jamal Adams traded to Seattle

August4th

1 minute ago, Nex_Gen said:

You're getting shat on by so many different posters, you can't even keep track anymore. Still waiting for you to show me Adams can't cover.

It's literally you and a Jets fan but do go off.. However, 3 people have literally agreed with me and/or call you out on your BS.

6 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

You don't understand what the hybrid role is clearly if you merely think notching snaps at FS according to PFF makes one a hyrid safety. Please watch some Troy Polamalu, Ed Reed and Brian Dawkins All-22 if you want to know what a hybrid safety truly is.

Right - I guess Derwin James isn't a hybrid safety either in your mind.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Try again 

Hm... Who do I trust? Sam Monson and PFF's arbitratray subjective (and differing by grader on teams) grades or Aaron Schatz & the Football Outsiders Crew and SportsRadar/PFR* who share their logistics and numbers with the public?

Edit: Cited the wrong source.

Edited by BlaqOptic

Two grown (I assume) men arguing over if another grown man can cover another grown man while another grown man attempts to throw a leather object to the grown man that is or is not being covered by the grown man that the other two grown men are arguing about his ability to cover other grown men. 

• Like 5

I thought the Jets wouldn't get a first round pick for Adams period.  Instead, they get a player, two firsts and a third.  Meanwhile, Seattle gives up all of those assets AND needs to back up a mint to Jamal Adams' doorstep.  

Big win for the Jets.  Big loss for Seattle as far as asset management goes.  Giving up two first rounders and a record-setting contract for one player is stupid, especially if that one player is a strong safety.  

7 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

It's literally you and a Jets fan but do go off.. However, 3 people have literally agreed with me and/or call you out on your BS.

We can pick this up again when you can prove that Adams can't cover. Bread's in your basket.

It will be entertaining to see how Adams fares when matched up against the likes of Deebo, Kittle, Juszczk, and the rookie, Aiyuk. I’m no fan of either team, but I live in the Pacific Northwest and it’s looking like the NFC west is going to be quite competitive.

edit: I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention that DeAndre Hopkins now also plays in the division, for an improving AZ team. How could I forget DeAndre?  

Edited by JQ1
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Hm... Who do I trust? Sam Monson and PFF's arbitratray subjective grades or Aaron Schatz & the Football Outsiders Crew and Stats, LLC who share their logistics and numbers with the public?

His 23 pressures last season (NFL record for a S), probably arbitrary too? 

The dude just had a season where he played 100+ snaps as a pass rusher, 300+ against the run & 500+ in coverage. To claim he doesn't play a 'hybrid' role is about as asinine as it gets. 

...And yes, he did all three at an elite level. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

His 23 pressures last season (NFL record for a S), probably arbitrary too? 

The dude just had a season where he played 100+ snaps as a pass rusher, 300+ against the run & 500+ in coverage. To claim he doesn't play a 'hybrid' role is about as asinine as it gets. 

...And yes, he did all three at an elite level. 

You think Adams could play Cover 1 Deep for a full season and still be Elite?

I feel like playing Robber makes him elite, blitzing makes him Elite but covering at the 3rd level he's not the same player.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

The will backload Adams and restructure Wilson meaning the Seahawks shouldn’t be in much trouble for a few years.  

Exactly. This is Monopoly money, everyone is going to get paid.