Jets trade Jamal Adams to Seattle

NewAge

Just now, rickyt31 said:

I loved Adams, but this deal is amazing.  He's going to be great in Seattle.  We're in a great position draft wise. This is mind blowing.  

Jets' first pick goes to lineman. Jets' 2nd pick goes to BPA.  Solid, indeed.

37 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Someone said we got a 1st round pick for each of Adams career interceptions. 

36 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I find that absolutely shocking. 

and both of his career interceptions were against back up QBs in garbaage time of blowout games (Stidham, Cassell).

And let us thank God that Pete caroll did so much drugs back in the 70's.

Edited by dcat
  • Like 2

Let's say McDougald is a Tier 3 SS for example. We still are replacing Tier 3/4 Inside Linebackers with Tier 1 Inside Linebackers in Mosley/Williamson. So the loss 2019 vs 2020 isn't as drastic overall especially in the run defense. Passing defense is questionable but we upgraded at CB and McDougald has some good ball skills. We should be fine. Really need that EDGE. 

Hate to trade JA but this really was the best outcome based all that has transpired over the past three months. Adams has lost his mind. I would be shocked if Seattle signed him next year.  I think they will franchise him and then let’s see how he handles that.  

this compensation is well above what I would have expected at this point. 2 firsts, a third next year and a good SS.  CRAZY!  JD is starting to build a quality rep.  Gotta hit this picks next. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Let's say McDougald is a Tier 3 SS for example. We still are replacing Tier 3/4 Inside Linebackers with Tier 1 Inside Linebackers in Mosley/Williamson. So the loss 2019 vs 2020 isn't as drastic overall especially in the run defense. Passing defense is questionable but we upgraded at CB and McDougald has some good ball skills. We should be fine. Really need that EDGE. 

Many teams can live with average SS. Since Jets got 2 extra 1st round picks for Adams, I couldn't care what PFF would indicate any difference between Adams and a pair of new SS.  

Absolutely on Edge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JetsFan15 said:

Hate to trade JA but this really was the best outcome based all that has transpired over the past three months. Adams has lost his mind. I would be shocked if Seattle signed him next year.  I think they will franchise him and then let’s see how he handles that.  

this compensation is well above what I would have expected at this point. 2 firsts, a third next year and a good SS.  CRAZY!  JD is starting to build a quality rep.  Gotta hit this picks next. 

I hope JD creating the capital of future drafts makes Chris or even Woody side with JD when it comes to new HC( assuming Gase doesn't improve a tick).

7 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Can we make a move for Clowney on a one year deal now? 

Some time last week I watched the 2nd half of Seahawks vs 49ers' first game of last year and Clowney terrorized OL and Jimmy G.  Then I looked at his 2019 season and I found out that game was only one he showed up in the entire freaking season.   A certain concern for him should be real.

Edited by JetsandI

10 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Some time last week I watched the 2nd half of Seahawks vs 49ers' first game of last year and Clowney terrorized OL and Jimmy G.  Then I looked at his 2019 season and I found out that game was only one he showed up in the entire freaking season.   A certain concern for him should be real.

Better yet a trade for Yannick??