Sign in to follow this  
SteelKing728

Bears trade TE Shaheen to Dolphins

9 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Fans of the NFL win this deal.

These deals seldom work out, but I'll be damned if I wouldn't keep trying them. I always like deals like this for the team acquiring the player. 

• Like 2

I hope for the dolphins that it's just a conditional 7th or something.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

I hope for the dolphins that it's just a conditional 7th or something.

It is. I think that it can become a 6th, but I would doubt it does. It's not like he bumping Gesicki on the depth chart. 

Good. He was as raw as it gets coming out of college and never amounted to anything.  See ya later “Baby Gronk” lol

He’s probably competing for the future inline TE spot. Gesicki always lines up wide.

He literally is just a 6'7 dude who exercises....there is no career...he is the dude in your flag football leauge who "used to play a little college ball" haha

Good for him for extending his NFL time one more year but he wont sign another contract after this and I doubt he even finishes the year.

Not a bad move for the Dolphins, Shaheen has potential and did not really fit that new Bears offense anyway.  Kid is huge and if he does not turn out so what they did not give up much at all for him anyways.  Bears have Cole Kmet who could be a stud so will give him more time, especially once Jimmy Graham gets hurt and I am sure he will.  

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Not a bad move for the Dolphins, Shaheen has potential and did not really fit that new Bears offense anyway.  Kid is huge and if he does not turn out so what they did not give up much at all for him anyways.  Bears have Cole Kmet who could be a stud so will give him more time, especially once Jimmy Graham gets hurt and I am sure he will.  

He fit the offense just fine as a Y. He just wasn't any good at it and couldn't stay healthy to boot.   

8 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

He’s probably competing for the future inline TE spot. Gesicki always lines up wide.

Yep. That's what I said yesterday. It's worth a shot to take a flyer when you need blockers at the position so...what the hell... try him out and let him compete.  Besides, if there is any football this season and some players at the TE spot choose to opt out, then giving a former 2nd round pick a chance (that you spent next to nothing to get) is alot better than drawing from the dead pool at a moments notice.

That said, you won't get much out of him as a pass catcher and his blocking is mediocre at best. It's hard to play football with bad ankles, especially when you're over 6'6 250+. 

He's missed 17 games in the last 2 seasons due to foot injuries alone, and that's not counting the other several injuries he has had since being drafted and the other several times he has had to leave a game because of other minor injuries.

He's heavy-footed with bad wheels and poor technique in just about every phase.  

Non D1 tight ends have never been my thing. It takes a big adjustment period for most tight ends that play division 1 in the league let alone D1 FCS, D2, D3 and the like. Didn’t see it with him and don’t see it with Trautman who I know many were/are high on. Trautman has Brees though so maybe he will become something and prove me wrong.

Amazed that we got anything for Shaheen, just a complete failure of a draft pick in Chicago. He's sort of ok at boxing out in the end zone to catch the odd TD, but other than that I can't think of many positives at all... Watching him run is like watching a newborn horse learn to walk.

18 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

He literally is just a 6'7 dude who exercises.

That had me cackling