Oct. 7- @ UNC

Oct. 21- vs. USC

Oct. 28- vs. NC State

Nov. 4- vs. Wake Forest

Nov. 11- @ Miami (FL)

Nov. 18- vs. Navy

Nov. 25- @ Stanford

Roster- http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/nd-m-footbl-mtt.html

Looks like a very tough schedule ahead.  Not seeing a great season for us, though a lot of that depends on how well Brandon Wimbush does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RIP to Parseghian.

The offense will have to carry the team this year. Wimbush by all accounts has looked great in the offseason and in training camp, the offensive line is stacked pretty well, the running game is loaded, and St. Brown should get separation quite frequently.

If Shaun Crawford can avoid yet another season-ending injury, the secondary should be alright. The Linebacker core is stacked, so it all depends on the defensive line play. If Daniel Cage puts it all together and has a big season, the defense should hold its own.

At the very least, I expect a 7-5 season -- maybe a 6-6 season if we have to deal with widespread injuries again.

6 to 7 wins seem about right for this season.  Don't think we'll have enough to beat the tougher teams on our schedule and we have a lot of unknowns at this point.  Wimbush breaking out is our best hope for a good year.  Question is would a 6-6/7-5 season put Kelly's job in jeopardy?  I personally think it should.

Have a 2 game series set up with Wisconsin in a few years.  Goes along with the home-and-homes we've set up with Michigan, Ohio State, and UGA (starting this year).

3 hours ago, roysmyboy31 said:

6 to 7 wins seem about right for this season.  Don't think we'll have enough to beat the tougher teams on our schedule and we have a lot of unknowns at this point.  Wimbush breaking out is our best hope for a good year.  Question is would a 6-6/7-5 season put Kelly's job in jeopardy?  I personally think it should.

Have a 2 game series set up with Wisconsin in a few years.  Goes along with the home-and-homes we've set up with Michigan, Ohio State, and UGA (starting this year).

It might, but I kinda doubt it. Kelly seemed to implement a brand-new mindset and philosophy in the offseason, so I think the powers-that-be in South Bend will give him another two years (at least) to see if it can deliver. If it doesn't, then he's gone.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Tyty said:

Someone explain the Alize Mack thing to me

He legally changed his name.  Mack is his stepdad's name from what I have heard online.

Can someone explain why Tony Jones is getting carries over Dexter Williams?  I haven't heard anything, but I don't remember seeing Dexter on the field at any point today.