Rate My Team Thread 2020 Edition

naptownskinsfan

Superflex IDP PPR Dynasty Team.

QB- Patrick Mahomes/Ryan Tannehill/David Carr 

RB- Aaron Jones/David Johnson/Derrius Guice/Tevin Coleman/Boston Scott/KeShawn Vaughn

WR- Kenny Golladay/Courtland Sutton/Mike Williams/Darius Slayton/Will Fuller/DeSean Jackson/Devin Duvernay/Tyler Johnson

TE- Zach Ertz/Austin Hooper

K- Harrison Butker 

DL- Cameron Jordan/Trey Flowers/Melvin Ingram/Ed Oliver/Chase Young

LB- Lavonte David/Jayon Brown/Mike Milano/Benardrick McKinney/Logan Wilson

DB- Justin Simmons /Jonathan Abrams/Tre Boston/Anthony Harris

1/2 PPR IDP Dynasty Team

QB- Carson Wentz/Kirk Cousins

RB- Alvin Kamara/Todd Gurley/David Johnson/Tarik Cohen/KeShawn Vaughn/Boston Scott

WR- Cooper Kupp/TY Hilton/Tyler Lockett/Golden Tate/Alshon Jeffrey/Jerry Jeudy/Henry Ruggs/Justin Jefferson/JJ Arcega Whiteside

TE- Hunter Henry/Jared Cook

DL- Chris Jones/Cameron Hayward/JJ Watt/Brandon Graham/Melvin Ingram

LB- Lavonte David/Joe Schobert/Von Miller/Bendarick McKinney/Isaiah Simmons 

DB- Eddie Jackson/Jabril Peppers/Bradley McDougland/Jeremy Chinn

• 3 weeks later...

Yo!

10 team league, PPR, 3rd overall pick

QB: Lamar Jackson

RB: Ezekiel Elliot

RB: Devin Singletary

WR: Chris Godwin

WR: Cooper Kupp

WR: A.J Brown

TE: Darren Waller

Backups

QB: Josh Allen

RBs: Marlon Mack, James White

WRs: Michael Gallup, AJ Green

TE: Mike Gesicki

K: Jake Elliot

DEF: Titans

Now, last year I came last :D

So i'm hoping this is better! Thx

On 7/26/2020 at 10:20 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Superflex IDP PPR Dynasty Team.

QB- Patrick Mahomes/Ryan Tannehill/David Carr 

RB- Aaron Jones/David Johnson/Derrius Guice/Tevin Coleman/Boston Scott/KeShawn Vaughn

WR- Kenny Golladay/Courtland Sutton/Mike Williams/Darius Slayton/Will Fuller/DeSean Jackson/Devin Duvernay/Tyler Johnson

TE- Zach Ertz/Austin Hooper

K- Harrison Butker 

DL- Cameron Jordan/Trey Flowers/Melvin Ingram/Ed Oliver/Chase Young

LB- Lavonte David/Jayon Brown/Mike Milano/Benardrick McKinney/Logan Wilson

DB- Justin Simmons /Jonathan Abrams/Tre Boston/Anthony Harris

1/2 PPR IDP Dynasty Team

QB- Carson Wentz/Kirk Cousins

RB- Alvin Kamara/Todd Gurley/David Johnson/Tarik Cohen/KeShawn Vaughn/Boston Scott

WR- Cooper Kupp/TY Hilton/Tyler Lockett/Golden Tate/Alshon Jeffrey/Jerry Jeudy/Henry Ruggs/Justin Jefferson/JJ Arcega Whiteside

TE- Hunter Henry/Jared Cook

DL- Chris Jones/Cameron Hayward/JJ Watt/Brandon Graham/Melvin Ingram

LB- Lavonte David/Joe Schobert/Von Miller/Bendarick McKinney/Isaiah Simmons 

DB- Eddie Jackson/Jabril Peppers/Bradley McDougland/Jeremy Chinn

# of Teams is kind of important...

I dont know the 1st thing about IDP and I tend to do more Non-PPR than PPR so I cant comment on the IDP and my knowledge of who is better/worse in PPR is diminished but:

Team 1:

Having Mahomes is obviously great. Dont love the QB2 situation which is always a plus in Superflex leagues but Tannehill might surprise and Carr might have upside with his new weapons

Love Aaron Jones but outside of that its kind of rough. Losing Guice is a big blow for you long-term

Love Golladay alot, probably more than most although I THINK he is knocked a tad in PPR? Sutton should be a good one for a while. Overall the group isnt amazing but they are talented and young. Could be a solid group for a long time

Awesome 1-2 punch at TE

Team 2:

QB Situation isnt ideal especially given Carson's health concerns but the upside is there

I dont love Kamara in Non-PPR leagues but he is a major player in PPR. Geez Gurley and Johnson have loads of possibilities but I just dont expect a ton. Cohen is a good PPR guy

Love your Top-3 WRs and the fact you got Jeudy, Ruggs and Jefferson is very interesting

Hunter Henry is a pain because he's so good when healthy but rarely healthy. Cook is a Top-6 TE though. Nice duo

Overall I do like the teams its tough to judge leagues that aren't re-draft because not all teams start on a level playing field and with a dynasty its even tougher

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yo!

10 team league, PPR, 3rd overall pick

QB: Lamar Jackson

RB: Ezekiel Elliot

RB: Devin Singletary

WR: Chris Godwin

WR: Cooper Kupp

WR: A.J Brown

TE: Darren Waller

Backups

QB: Josh Allen

RBs: Marlon Mack, James White

WRs: Michael Gallup, AJ Green

TE: Mike Gesicki

K: Jake Elliot

DEF: Titans

Now, last year I came last :D

So i'm hoping this is better! Thx

Its not that I dont like it, its just I wish you did a few things differently. 

I love Josh Allen alot but the fact you drafted Lamar Jackson in Round 2 means you are almost NEVER going to start Allen unless LJax is hurt or on a bye.

Same thing can be said for Gesicki(albeit a smaller scale both ways) he is more potential than substance and Waller isnt on the level of LJax in terms of shear dominance at his position but I cant fathom a world where you'd bench Waller and start Gesicki

With that said, some leagues are weird where you are forced to draft 2 of each or maybe your in a league where guys trade all the time so flipping 1 might not be hard. Mine doesnt do either which is why I said what I said

Now here goes:

L-Jax cost alot but I do think you can get away with it in smaller leagues because everyone will have a stacked team and everyone will have talent on the bench

Same thing can be said for Waller, you got him where you did because he's good..

Zeke is obviously elite but the rest need some help. Singletary probably wont be the guy, neither will Mack. White is a good PPR guy but NE RBs are tough to predict. Now an injury to Moss or Taylor helps you loads though

The WRs are good. I'm a big Godwin fan, loved him last year and he was huge for me. Kupp is another one I love. AJ Brown had a great 2019 season as did Michael Gallup. AJ Green is someone I used to count on but where you got him probably was worth the risk

Overall its not bad, I think drafting backup QBs/TEs was a mistake especially given the Tier 1/Tier 2 type guys you got there but overall well done

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

# of Teams is kind of important...

I dont know the 1st thing about IDP and I tend to do more Non-PPR than PPR so I cant comment on the IDP and my knowledge of who is better/worse in PPR is diminished but:

Team 1:

Having Mahomes is obviously great. Dont love the QB2 situation which is always a plus in Superflex leagues but Tannehill might surprise and Carr might have upside with his new weapons

Love Aaron Jones but outside of that its kind of rough. Losing Guice is a big blow for you long-term

Love Golladay alot, probably more than most although I THINK he is knocked a tad in PPR? Sutton should be a good one for a while. Overall the group isnt amazing but they are talented and young. Could be a solid group for a long time

Awesome 1-2 punch at TE

Team 2:

QB Situation isnt ideal especially given Carson's health concerns but the upside is there

I dont love Kamara in Non-PPR leagues but he is a major player in PPR. Geez Gurley and Johnson have loads of possibilities but I just dont expect a ton. Cohen is a good PPR guy

Love your Top-3 WRs and the fact you got Jeudy, Ruggs and Jefferson is very interesting

Hunter Henry is a pain because he's so good when healthy but rarely healthy. Cook is a Top-6 TE though. Nice duo

Overall I do like the teams its tough to judge leagues that aren't re-draft because not all teams start on a level playing field and with a dynasty its even tougher

12 teams for both.

Team 1 

Yeah that hit with Guice made a dicey situation at RB even worse. Although, I think David Johnson will be a short term solid RB 2 at worst. I’ll have to focus on building up that position. For a QB 2 especially with Mahomes as my QB 1 I love Tannehill. He gives me a solid floor, very few turnovers a possibility to blow up any week and rushing upside. I feel good about my WR/TE group both short and long term. 

For my 2nd team,

Carson being injured all the time is way more narrative than fact. I’ll snap up Carson everywhere I get in fantasy. That RB crew looked so sick 12 months ago! Here’s to hoping 1 of them returns to form! 

Dynasty League #3

12 team PPR

QB- Carson Wentz/Phillip Rivers

RB- Saquon Barkley/Leonard Fournette/Marlon Mack/Boston Scott/Derrius Guice

WR- DJ Chark/Brandin Cooks/DeSean Jackson/Jalen Reagor/Jamison Crowder/Anthony Miller/Devin Duvernay

TE- Mark Andrews/Greg Olsen

K- Robbie Gould

DST- Eagles 

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its not that I dont like it, its just I wish you did a few things differently. 

I love Josh Allen alot but the fact you drafted Lamar Jackson in Round 2 means you are almost NEVER going to start Allen unless LJax is hurt or on a bye.

Same thing can be said for Gesicki(albeit a smaller scale both ways) he is more potential than substance and Waller isnt on the level of LJax in terms of shear dominance at his position but I cant fathom a world where you'd bench Waller and start Gesicki

With that said, some leagues are weird where you are forced to draft 2 of each or maybe your in a league where guys trade all the time so flipping 1 might not be hard. Mine doesnt do either which is why I said what I said

Now here goes:

L-Jax cost alot but I do think you can get away with it in smaller leagues because everyone will have a stacked team and everyone will have talent on the bench

Same thing can be said for Waller, you got him where you did because he's good..

Zeke is obviously elite but the rest need some help. Singletary probably wont be the guy, neither will Mack. White is a good PPR guy but NE RBs are tough to predict. Now an injury to Moss or Taylor helps you loads though

The WRs are good. I'm a big Godwin fan, loved him last year and he was huge for me. Kupp is another one I love. AJ Brown had a great 2019 season as did Michael Gallup. AJ Green is someone I used to count on but where you got him probably was worth the risk

Overall its not bad, I think drafting backup QBs/TEs was a mistake especially given the Tier 1/Tier 2 type guys you got there but overall well done

Thanks my guy. How do you know I drafted Jax 2nd? (Perhaps it's obvious for an experienced player lol). 

As for drafting Allen and Gesick, they were the last remaining lots on bench, I just assumed I had to fill them with positional backups, but actually I could have just kept drafting RBs/WRs? 

13 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Dynasty League #3

12 team PPR

QB- Carson Wentz/Phillip Rivers

RB- Saquon Barkley/Leonard Fournette/Marlon Mack/Boston Scott/Derrius Guice

WR- DJ Chark/Brandin Cooks/DeSean Jackson/Jalen Reagor/Jamison Crowder/Anthony Miller/Devin Duvernay

TE- Mark Andrews/Greg Olsen

K- Robbie Gould

DST- Eagles 

F minus. Lol just messing with you man. I think your team has lots of potential. It’ll come down to the progression of your young WRs and health/success of your Eagles players 

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Thanks my guy. How do you know I drafted Jax 2nd? (Perhaps it's obvious for an experienced player lol). 

As for drafting Allen and Gesick, they were the last remaining lots on bench, I just assumed I had to fill them with positional backups, but actually I could have just kept drafting RBs/WRs? 

I took a guess, it was him or Godwin and most people dont draft WRs above their ADP 

I suppose so but I guess if they were your 3rd and 4th to last spots its not the end of the world but I just dont think they'll ever start for you outside of bye weeks. Was Allen drafted outside the Top-10 for QBs?

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I took a guess, it was him or Godwin and most people dont draft WRs above their ADP 

I suppose so but I guess if they were your 3rd and 4th to last spots its not the end of the world but I just dont think they'll ever start for you outside of bye weeks. Was Allen drafted outside the Top-10 for QBs?

Yeah, he was.

One thing I did pay attention to was mixing up the bye weeks. None of my starters conflict, I don't think. I definitely prioritised that in some instances. For example I think when I took Singletary, he was up against a RB (forgot who) who has a lower ADP but his bye was same as Elliot's, so...I dunno. Not sure if that's worth it. Lesson learned would be don't overdraft QBs I guess.

13 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, he was.

One thing I did pay attention to was mixing up the bye weeks. None of my starters conflict, I don't think. I definitely prioritised that in some instances. For example I think when I took Singletary, he was up against a RB (forgot who) who has a lower ADP but his bye was same as Elliot's, so...I dunno. Not sure if that's worth it. Lesson learned would be don't overdraft QBs I guess.

So I dont think thats necessarily the narrative to learn from but rather if you're going to invest a premium pick in a non RB-WR, then dont bother with a backup at all. In a similar instance if I take Kelce in round 2 of a league, I'm not drafting a backup TE(although I'm probably not drafting a backup TE at all since I dont think they are as matchup driven as say a QB) but if you drafted Josh Allen and Carson Wentz, both in the later rounds like their ADP says, I wouldn't have a problem with it. 

I know everyone says to wait on QBs and I tend to do so, but I'm not so against taking them early but it does pigeon-hole you. Like if I was going to take LJAx or Mahomes round 2(dont even really think they will fall but still its an example) I know I need to have taken a RB in round 1 without question which means no Michael Thomas even and I have to hope to God that round 3/4 there is still a decent RB out there worth starting most every week. TE is a similar spot but there are simply more proven start-worthy QBs out there than TEs

• Like 1

Did a mock 14 team to prepare for my 16 team since they dont have 16 team mocks on yahoo.  Here is what the results were, picked 7th in the round. RB depth is weak but could always move a WR to the flex for a bye or if more of them break out.  Not an elite WR but a lot of potential and guessing I would find 2/3 to start on a weekly basis.  Probably should have drafted Moss/Dillon instead of Williams with my last pick but could always do that on waivers since neither were drafted.  

QB Aaron Rodgers
RB Dalvin Cook
RB Josh Jacobs
WR AJ Brown
WR Steffon Diggs
TE Mike Giseki
Flex Chris Carson

Bench
QB Ryan Tannehill
RB Antonio Gibson
WR Hollywood Brown
WR CeeDee Lamb
WR Jerry Jeudy
WR Preston Williams

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Did a mock 14 team to prepare for my 16 team since they dont have 16 team mocks on yahoo.  Here is what the results were, picked 7th in the round. RB depth is weak but could always move a WR to the flex for a bye or if more of them break out.  Not an elite WR but a lot of potential and guessing I would find 2/3 to start on a weekly basis.  Probably should have drafted Moss/Dillon instead of Williams with my last pick but could always do that on waivers since neither were drafted.  

QB Aaron Rodgers
RB Dalvin Cook
RB Josh Jacobs
WR AJ Brown
WR Steffon Diggs
TE Mike Giseki
Flex Chris Carson

Bench
QB Ryan Tannehill
RB Antonio Gibson
WR Hollywood Brown
WR CeeDee Lamb
WR Jerry Jeudy
WR Preston Williams

1. There is a mock draft thread here: https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/20174-mock-draft-thread/

2. Was this a PPR league? I'm shocked that Cook fell to 7. Cook, Jacobs and Carson would be a dream first 3 rounds in a 12 team league and you got it in 14 teams. Forget the RB depth, you have 3 and only need 2 plus you have Hollywood and other high potential guys on the bench.

3. I dont love going with Tannehill because idk if he starts over Rodgers but he has a solid floor

Overall I think you killed it in the mock, just shocked its not a smaller league given the first 3 rounds

9 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

1. There is a mock draft thread here: https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/20174-mock-draft-thread/

2. Was this a PPR league? I'm shocked that Cook fell to 7. Cook, Jacobs and Carson would be a dream first 3 rounds in a 12 team league and you got it in 14 teams. Forget the RB depth, you have 3 and only need 2 plus you have Hollywood and other high potential guys on the bench.

3. I dont love going with Tannehill because idk if he starts over Rodgers but he has a solid floor

Overall I think you killed it in the mock, just shocked its not a smaller league given the first 3 rounds

1. My bad, thats where I thought I was. 

2. It was a standard Yahoo league, and to be honest I am not sure.  I was shocked Cook fell to me as well.  Derrick Henry was the one outside of the top 6 drafted there that pushed Cook to me.  I agree, If I can get those three RBs I dont think it would matter much on the WRs.  There are plenty there later to take a chance on.  

3. I typically like to have a backup QB, especially with deeper benches.  Maybe nt in this scenario but in the 16 team we have to because if you dont, then on bye or injury, you may not have a starting QB.  I am not a huge Tannehill fan but if he does well, it would be big for the team because it would mean AJ Brown is having a good year.