Rate My Team Thread 2020 Edition

naptownskinsfan

10 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

12 team PPR. Had pick #5

QB: D. Lock (he's my sleeper and I got him at the end of the draft.)

RB: D. Cook

RB D. Singletary

WR: C. Kupp

WR: R. Woods 

TE: T. Kelce

W/R: L. Fournette

DEF: MIN (Sackmasters?)

K: who the f cares

BN: A. Gibson, C. Thompson, B. Cooks, B. Snell, J Jeudy, M. Pittman

Got high marks from the NFL.com draft review. I wanted to try picking 2 high volume WR's from the same team. I usually roll with only 1 TE, but I pick em high when I can start only 1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-team 0.2 PPR, 10th pick

QB: D. Lock

RB: J. Jacobs

RB: N. Chubb

WR: D. Parker

WR: P. Williams (same strategy as last time. Williams would've been  ranked WAY higher if he hadn't got IR'd midseason.)

TE: M. Andrews

W/R/T: C. Akers (he might have a top 10 RB season)

DEF:MIN

K: who cares

BN: L. Fournette, A. Dillon, M. Breida, B. Love, D. Slayton, J. Jeudy, J. Smith (high potential sleeper TE)

I got rated a C+ with a projeted 2-11 recrord, 11th place finish

Why the fascination with 2 WRs from the same team? Also I get Lock has upside but geez having him as your only QB is a ballsy move that could bite you hard. 

Team 1 is definitely better and has some solid upside too. I like Gibson/Thompson/Cooks on the bench as well

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Why the fascination with 2 WRs from the same team? Also I get Lock has upside but geez having him as your only QB is a ballsy move that could bite you hard. 

Team 1 is definitely better and has some solid upside too. I like Gibson/Thompson/Cooks on the bench as well

It's an experiment this year. I picked 2 guys that I project to get a high combined volume from a teams passing game. I think I'm pretty much always going to have good output from the combination every week, unless their passing game gets dominated.

I figure if you're not going to get one of the top few QBs, the 15 guys behind them are just going to have their ups and downs. Plus waiting for Lock helped me get another good player for my roster. I think Lock is a poor man's Mahomes, so I went with the highest upside amongst the non top QBs. Dak was my sleeper QB last season, and Mahomes the year before so my track record in the picking these guys has been solid.

What do we think, boys?

12 team, 0.5 PPR. 8th pick.

QB - Matt Stafford (89th)

WR - AJ Brown (32nd)

WR - Courtland Sutton (41st)

RB - Joe Mixon (8th)

RB - Aaron Jones (17th)

TE - Evan Engram (80th)

FLEX - Tyler Boyd (65th)

DEF - Tennessee

BENCH

- JK Dobbins (56th)

- Deebo Samuel

- Chris Thompson

- Alexander Mattison

- Bryan Edwards

- Jonnu Smith

- Derek Carr

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

What do we think, boys?

WR - AJ Brown (32nd)

RB - Joe Mixon (8th)

RB - Aaron Jones (17th)

TE - Evan Engram (80th)

FLEX - Tyler Boyd (65th)

DEF - Tennessee

I owned Jones last season but thought that TD total was a fluke. Not high on Mixon that early. Prefer to know what other RB's were available.

The WR unit could be pretty strong.

On 9/5/2020 at 9:09 AM, xlfrosti said:

Those WR are stacked! Good 2 QB to stream back and forth. Nice top 2 RBs can't go wrong with that! RB Depth could be a little better, but not bad! Overall I think it's amazing! 

Thanks, yea RB depth is tough but with the extra FLEX spots I didnt care so much about that as getting good RB/WRs, just turned out I could afford more good WRs. Problem is picking starters is going to be a tall order with 2 solid BE guys every week

On 9/5/2020 at 9:09 AM, xlfrosti said:

Full PPR League with 12 Teams.

QB - Tom Brady
RB - Christian McCaffrey
RB - Mark Ingram
WR - Allen Robinson
WR - Kenny Golladay
TE - Blake Jarwin
FLEX - A.J. Brown
DEF - New Orleans Saints

Bench

RB - David Montgomery
RB - Ronald Jones
RB -  Duke Johnson
RB - Bryce Love
WR - Stefon Diggs
WR - Curtis Samuel
WR - Emmanuel Sanders

I think my major problem would be the 2nd RB spot, I don't usually draft a 2nd QB or TE because I can just stream those. By the time my 2nd pick came around, most of the RB were taking. I felt like WR, WR, WR was the play since A.J Brown was there in the late 4th. Picked up Bryce Love

@JaguarCrazy2832 What do you think?

I think Brady will be plenty good enough to not need a 2nd QB. I'm not a big Jarwin guy but otherwise I like it quite a bit. I tend to agree that #2 RB will be a problem but in a full pt PPR league getting good WRs isnt a bad thing plus CMC is PPR gold. I actually like Ingram and think he wont just go away bc of Dobbins. Monty/Rojo have lost some value in the last week or so bc of injury/LF but I think those 3 will piece together a decent RB2. Not a big believer in the rest of the bench but the starting lineup is very strong imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tetsujin said:

I owned Jones last season but thought that TD total was a fluke.

Definitely not expecting those TD totals again, but I am still expecting him to be the lead dog in what should be more of a run centric offense. He’s also a very capable receiver. I’m pretty high on Jone. Talent-wise, I think he’s a top 10 back. Other RBs on the board: Conner, Ekeler, Sanders, Taylor, Carson.

Not high on Mixon that early. Prefer to know what other RB's were available.

Disagree. I think Mixon has a huge year. He was maybe the NFLs best back the final half of the season once the Bengals offensive line made scheme adjustments and developed cohesion. Burrow boosts this offense to be better than it was with Dalton at the helm, and I expect more targets in the passing game given his new contract.

The WR unit could be pretty strong.

Certainly a lot of upside there. Sutton I’m expecting to grow into a universal top 10 WR. Brown being in a run-first offense with limited pass attempts is concerning, but the guy made the absolute most out of what was given to him last year. Incredibly efficient. Boyd is kind of a 3-wood down the middle, Kupp type. And Deebo hopefully comes back healthy and contributes as a WR2 at some point during the season.

I appreciate the feedback.

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

What do we think, boys?

WR - AJ Brown (32nd)

RB - Joe Mixon (8th)

RB - Aaron Jones (17th)

TE - Evan Engram (80th)

FLEX - Tyler Boyd (65th)

DEF - Tennessee

BENCH

- JK Dobbins (56th)

- Deebo Samuel

- Chris Thompson

- Alexander Mattison

- Bryan Edwards

- Jonnu Smith

- Derek Carr

I dont love it. Mixon at 8 seems early. I think Mark Ingram plays a bigger role than people think so Dobbins at 56 to me is early too. I do like Jones at 17 even though most people are sour on him. I'm not a huge Sutton guy either but he and Brown are young with upside

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'd be curious who the RBs were that were available at 13 just because I dont love Bell but thats a solid starting lineup and the fact you're forced to start 3 WRs benefits you

Drake, Chubb, Ekeler, Taylor, Carson (all picked in Rd2) A. Jones, Conner, Ingram (Rd3) Gurley, Johnson, Mostert, Singletary (Rd4) Swift, Akers, Gordon and Dobbins all went between 13 and 60. 

My plan was Akers or Dobbins in 5/6, but it didn't play out, so I had to go Lev Bell (or Jordan Howard or Kareem Hunt...)

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

WRs always slip, its probably the most undervalued position in fantasy.The only thing I dont like is I'm just not a Diggs believer. I like Mostert alot but he still worries me and probably takes a hit in PPR

RB's are even MORE ridiculously overvalued in this league. Everyone is trying to gobble up potential keepers at the RB position. Cam Akers went in the 2nd, Gibson in the 3rd and Dobbins in the 4th. 

Hoping Allen's arm can finally take advantage of Digg's downfield talents.

• Like 1

Need help It has been years since I've played, do I need to do some maneuvering?

10 team.

QB - Kyler Murray

RB - James Connor

RB - Todd Gurley

WR - Devonte Adams

WR - Julio Jones

Flex - Devin Singletary

TE - Zach Ertz

BEN:

Ryquell Armstead

Sony Michel

Tyler Boyd

DJ Chark

Curtis Samuel

Jonnu Smith

6 hours ago, Keep Pounding said:

Need help It has been years since I've played, do I need to do some maneuvering?

10 team.

QB - Kyler Murray

RB - James Connor

RB - Todd Gurley

WR - Devonte Adams

WR - Julio Jones

Flex - Devin Singletary

TE - Zach Ertz

BEN:

Ryquell Armstead

Sony Michel

Tyler Boyd

DJ Chark

Curtis Samuel

Jonnu Smith

Your RBs concern me alot. This was not a good year to go WR-WR in the first 2 rounds. I'd start Chark over Singletary. You do have Top-5 QBs and TEs though

Been out of fantasy for a few years. 10 team league, #5 Pick, PPR

QB: A. Rodgers/C. Newton

RB1: J. Jacobs/L. Bell

RB2: T. Gurley/S. Michel

WR1: M. Thomas/W. Fuller 

WR2: C. Sutton/M. Jones Jr

WR3: J. Landry/P. Campbell

TE: T.J. Hockenson/H. Hurst

K: R. Gould

DST: Colts

In retrospect should taken a TE or extra RB earlier, probably excess WR

Edited by chillparsi1

9th pick in a 2QB PPR.  12 teams

QB: Deshaun Watson
QB: Drew Brees
RB: Dalvin Cook
RB: Le'Veon Bell
WR: Julio Jones
WR: DaVante Parker
WR: Michael Gallup
Flex: Todd Gurley
TE: Chris Herndon

BN: James White
BN: Chris Thompson
BN: Dawyne Haskins
BN: Alexander Mattison
BN: Golden Tate
BN: Bryan Edwards
BN: Boston Scott

Overall pretty happy, not the biggest fan of Bell/Gurley but hoping one of them can provide value as an RB2.  Really should have gone Lockett in the 4th though, we have return yards and he was WR2 last year in our league.  

Going to need some help at WR for sure though.