Rate My Team Thread 2020 Edition

naptownskinsfan

8 team PPR Keeper 1 player first 8 1 player last 8. My WR2 is weak and I went over kill on rookie possible keepers. I’ll drop them and play the waiver wire after week 1 since as we all know there is a lot of talent still in an 8 team league.

QB- Lamar Jackson

RB- Zeke, Henry, Sanders, Dobbins, Fournette

WR- Julio, Kupp, Hilton, Jeudy, Ruggs, Aiyuk, Shenault

TE- Engram

D/ST- Tampa

K- Zane Gonzalez 

12 Team League(5th Pick)

1. Nick Chubb RB Cleveland

2. Jonathan Taylor RB Indianapolis

3. Patrick Mahomes QB Kansas City

4. DJ Moore WR Carolina

5. Hollywood Brown WR Baltimore

6. DeVante Parker WR Miami

7. Philip Lindsay RB Denver

8. Antonio Gibson RB Washington- I feel like I stole him, would have picked him 2nd in all honesty

9. Mecole Hardman WR Kansas City

10. Jonnu Smith TE Tennessee

11. Minnesota Defense

12. Damien Harris RB New England

13. Chris Herndon TE New York

14. Greg Zuerlien K Dallas

15. Denver Defense

16. Sam Darnold QB New York

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

12 Team League(5th Pick)

1. Nick Chubb RB Cleveland

2. Jonathan Taylor RB Indianapolis

3. Patrick Mahomes QB Kansas City

4. DJ Moore WR Carolina

5. Hollywood Brown WR Baltimore

6. DeVante Parker WR Miami

7. Philip Lindsay RB Denver

8. Antonio Gibson RB Washington- I feel like I stole him, would have picked him 2nd in all honesty

9. Mecole Hardman WR Kansas City

10. Jonnu Smith TE Tennessee

11. Minnesota Defense

12. Damien Harris RB New England

13. Chris Herndon TE New York

14. Greg Zuerlien K Dallas

15. Denver Defense

16. Sam Darnold QB New York

What made you go Taylor in the 2nd round? Seems a little early compared to his ADP. Also, why two defenses?

8 hours ago, winitall said:

What made you go Taylor in the 2nd round? Seems a little early compared to his ADP. Also, why two defenses?

This league hoards running backs so he was the best available and last year I made the mistake of waiting too late. I also think Indy is going to hand him the reigns sooner rather than later. I did a similar thing with Le'Veon Bell his breakout season. Drafted Bell in the first round and won the league. I usually keep two defenses in rotation for two reasons. 

1. To have options come day off so say Harrison Smith or Von Miller are out, I can make an adjustment.

2. If I really want to pick someone up I can drop a defense instead of a skill guy.

Edited by KingOfNewYork

17 hours ago, Counselor said:

8 team PPR Keeper 1 player first 8 1 player last 8. My WR2 is weak and I went over kill on rookie possible keepers. I’ll drop them and play the waiver wire after week 1 since as we all know there is a lot of talent still in an 8 team league.

QB- Lamar Jackson

TE- Engram

D/ST- Tampa

K- Zane Gonzalez 

So I just got overlooked smh

QB- Lamar Jackson

TE- Engram

D/ST- Tampa

K- Zane Gonzalez 

Screw your #2 WR, you have 3 Top-8 RBs and the best QB in fantasy. Kupp and Hilton might not be Top-16 but both are Top-25 so thats fine in an 8 man team, not amazing but good enough bc of LJax and RBs

• Like 1

QB- Lamar Jackson

TE- Engram

D/ST- Tampa

K- Zane Gonzalez 

Not used to 8 team leagues. I understand the rookie WR move but not one I would of done. If they’re not going to be top 5-6 at the position in the league would you really ever keep them? I like Zeke, Henry and Sanders. I’m riding the Sanders train myself this year. Engram has great potential and if he gets injured there should still be someone on waivers.

24 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Not used to 8 team leagues. I understand the rookie WR move but not one I would of done. If they’re not going to be top 5-6 at the position in the league would you really ever keep them? I like Zeke, Henry and Sanders. I’m riding the Sanders train myself this year. Engram has great potential and if he gets injured there should still be someone on waivers.

I have won the most championships in this league in 11 years and I always stack heavy with rookies. It’s just kind of my thing. But yeah I went over board with Aiyuk and Shenault. But I’m going to drop them after week 1 and pick up some other guys. But they will still be keeper options if they break out.

Pick 4, full ppr. Assuming it goes cmc, barkley, zeke, who are you taking? Full PPR. CEH / Cook / Kamara? 

@JaguarCrazy2832 @The LBC @N4L @SmittyBacall @Counselor @AlanFanecaFan

Note that this is a 2 Qb league, so Jackson / Mahomes are viable here, but I think at least one will be there in round 2, maybe round 3 (despite 2 qb league, quarterbacks do not go high in this league), so I may go RB / RB and then try to secure one in round 3. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pick 4, full ppr. Assuming it goes cmc, barkley, zeke, who are you taking? Full PPR. CEH / Cook / Kamara? 

Note that this is a 2 Qb league, so Jackson / Mahomes are viable here, but I think at least one will be there in round 2, maybe round 3 (despite 2 qb league, quarterbacks do not go high in this league), so I may go RB / RB and then try to secure one in round 3. 

That’s a tough one. I probably have it Kamara, CEH, Cook. But I have an affinity for what rookies can become.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Good to know QBs dont go super early in this one. I'd rank them Cook-Kamara-CEH and would probably take all over QBs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Good to know QBs dont go super early in this one. I'd rank them Cook-Kamara-CEH and would probably take all over QBs

This was the order I was leaning, but didn't love it. Especially since I Have to handcuff Cook, though I suppose he does have the best handcuff available out of the three. If you have Kamara and he's hurt, you're just screwed. 

The QB thing is kind of funny. *IF* the draft order went exactly as ranked, I'd actually miss out on my cut off at running back in the second round (Ekeler at 15, next is Chris Carson), and I'd probably jump on the quarterbacks then and go back to back Mahomes + Lamar. I don't expect that to happen (I do think that someone will reach on Lamar, even though really Mahomes should be the first quarterback taken) but it'll be an interesting place if it does. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

FWIW I went CEH at 6 in a full ppr 12 teamer this past weekend over Cook.

It might have been safer to go Cook and then draft Mattison in the 8th but I went full YOLO.

Edited by AlanFanecaFan