Rate My Team Thread 2020 Edition

naptownskinsfan

2 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

FWIW I went CEH at 6 in a full ppr 12 teamer this past weekend over Cook.

It might have been safer to go Cook and then draft Mattison in the 8th but I went full YOLO.

Three of you guys have chimed in and I've got three different preferences LOLOL. 

This is why I hate pick 4. 

39 minutes ago, Forge said:

The QB thing is kind of funny. *IF* the draft order went exactly as ranked, I'd actually miss out on my cut off at running back in the second round (Ekeler at 15, next is Chris Carson), and I'd probably jump on the quarterbacks then and go back to back Mahomes + Lamar. I don't expect that to happen (I do think that someone will reach on Lamar, even though really Mahomes should be the first quarterback taken) but it'll be an interesting place if it does. 

Called that. He went pick #14. 

I ended up taking Drake in round 2. I could regret that. Chose him over Chubb and Jones. 

Yeah, I'm going to live blog this a bit...I don't care. Some nice surprises allowed Davante Adams to fall to me in round 3. I don't know what the hell happened there. Mahomes went, Kittle and Kelce...James Connor went the pick right after I took Adams...I have no idea what's going on in this draft right now. 

• Like 1

Allen Robinson at pick 38. Super happy with that. As some people will tell you, I'm really high on him as a value. He's a guy that can finish as a WR1 and I grabbed him in round 4, so hard to hate that. Was a tough choice between he and Watson though, as the Qbs are going much faster than they have in years past. 

Ugh, Watson goes the pick before me on the way back around. Had some nice choices with this selection, and almost took Ertz or Andrews, but I'm really not in on that TE life here. Calvin Ridley was super enticing as he's dropped way to far, but in the end, I didn't want to risk not getting at least some quarterback started and be too late to the party. I took Dak. I'm not enamored with it, but felt like a necessary evil. 6 Qbs were already off the board. 

Almost went ahead and went in another direction besides receiver at 66, however I really want Will Fuller, so I just went ahead and pulled the trigger here. This could be a mistake. The running backs aren't great, but are unlikely to make it back around to me (Mostert, Swift, Hunt). TEs have dried up and I'll check out Hunter Henry in a few rounds most likely. The receivers were just so stacked here. Diggs was still available. Fuller. Chark. Gallup. 

Next pick is 77, and I'll be honest, if some of those receivers are still there, I may have to go that direction again. That's really hard to pass up. Ultimately, only Mostert has true RB value for me in this round. The others come in a tier below, I think, and I don't know if I want to reach for Dobbins if Mostert is gone. I may be tempted to go quarterback #2 here, though truthfully at this point they are all kind of the same. 

By this point, I imagine that everyone is cursing me under their breath, and Webby is getting ready to strip my mod powers and ban me for a month. But I push on! Mostert goes three picks before me, and it puts me in a super awkward spot of not having anyone I'm in love with at 77. Ultimately, I settle for Mark Ingram at pick 77. He's my rb 3/4 at the current point, and while I don't love this selection, it's not awful. I'm hopeful that a positive week or two maybe allows me to trade him off, as running backs are always in demand in this league. 

The picks swing back around to me at 84, and I have finally lost the battle of chicken. At this point, the talent of Hollywood Brown is just too much to pass up on. The top running backs at this point are Fournette and Jordan Howard, and other receivers are Deebo. 2 more Qbs come off the board before I can choose (Josh Allen and Cam), leaving all the Qbs as very similar, non mobile guys. 

I look at my team and realize that I have some crazy injury risk going on and that doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies at all. 2 of the 3 next three picks should be ticketed for Hunter Henry, Mattison, and probably a quarterback at this point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Pick 4, full ppr. Assuming it goes cmc, barkley, zeke, who are you taking? Full PPR. CEH / Cook / Kamara? 

@JaguarCrazy2832 @The LBC @N4L @SmittyBacall @Counselor @AlanFanecaFan

Note that this is a 2 Qb league, so Jackson / Mahomes are viable here, but I think at least one will be there in round 2, maybe round 3 (despite 2 qb league, quarterbacks do not go high in this league), so I may go RB / RB and then try to secure one in round 3. 

Kamara easy for me. If he's healthy, the only player I would take over him is McCaffery - big if, though. Cook next, though he has health concerns in his own right (which can be rectified by ensuring you take Mattison later). I love CEH as a player, it's just tough for me to invest that high a pick into a rookie when his role is currently TBD. But if one rookie RB is going to have an Adrian Peterson-like fantasy impact, a pass-catching back in an Andy Reid offense lead by Patrick Mahomes is about as good as it gets. And like you mentioned earlier, if you can land Mahomes to pair with CEH, that would be a very nice combo. Chiefs games would be an absolute joy to watch.

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Kamara easy for me. If he's healthy, the only player I would take over him is McCaffery - big if, though. Cook next, though he has health concerns in his own right (which can be rectified by ensuring you take Mattison later). I love CEH as a player, it's just tough for me to invest that high a pick into a rookie when his role is currently TBD. But if one rookie RB is going to have an Adrian Peterson-like fantasy impact, a pass-catching back in an Andy Reid offense lead by Patrick Mahomes is about as good as it gets. And like you mentioned earlier, if you can land Mahomes to pair with CEH, that would be a very nice combo. Chiefs games would be an absolute joy to watch.

I took cook, and I won't lie...it was almost entirely based on the Mattison handcuff. 

I continue to live blog this draft as we go...because honestly, I'm bored between picks. 

• Like 1

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

I think he produces so much more once Foles takes over (hopefully sooner rather than later). Back shoulder throws all day.

The thing I Really like is he was wr8 last year with Trubs the entire season and he's also had a great season with Bortles. He's just QB proof like old school Deandre Hopkins without having quite the upside. 

Before pick 97, I check the rosters and see that only one team has multiple quarterbacks on their roster. This is bad. Some Qbs are starting to come off; Rodgers, Stafford, Daniel Jones get picked, so this is when I Have to take my second quarterback. I take Carson Wentz, and will leave my third QB spot for the third to last round when I will easily be able to nab Jimmy G, because nobody likes him. 

Pick 104 is up, and btw, Hunter Henry is gone. I'm okay with this though. He would have been a nice selection, but there are a number of sleeper tights ends available, as is Austin Hooper. This will now likely be my 4th to last pick. Now is the time to take Mattison to ensure my first round pick is covered, so I go ahead and make that happen. This is a little early, but there was nothing hanging around that I was saddened by losing. Top RB available is Lyndsey and Moss. Top WR is Cooks. Tight end at this point has been completely pillaged, and there's not reason to draft when one I believe just about everyone else has their starter. So unless I wanted to go back to back QB, which is a little excessive, this is fine.