Rate My Team Thread 2020 Edition

naptownskinsfan

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

Jonnu Smith. And depending how deep your league is, Tyler Eifert or Eric Ebron. 

Sternberger just got picked and I feel confident that the guy who picked him is having someone else conduct his draft this year. He doesn't know much football and in over 10 years of playing has been essentially an auto drafter. He's now reached for Lamar, sniped Love, and taken Sternberger (which is just weird because I think he lost the TE job competition). 

TEs left: Hooper, Hurst, Smith, Herndon, Hockenson...I mean, I am just not worried about it at this point lol

Pick 117, and there's nothing really super appealing. Defenses and kickers are starting to go, which still confounds me. Moss is still sitting there at running back, and sure, what the hell. Sounds good to me. I suppose I could have taken Breida, but more upside with the former, I imagine. Top WR is preston williams, and I do have some interest in him when it circles back around 

Comes back around, and Williams is still there, and I just pass. I have 4 wide receivers currently, and I feel like if one gets hurt, its just an easier position to stream all told. So I cash back in on running backs. Breida is still there, but then I see Marlon Mack and at pick 124, why not, I guess. 

And then I realize I miscalculated my bench spots and realize I Don't have enough to secure Chase Edmonds as a handcuff to Drake. Oops. That's a problem. Oh well. 

Coming back around to me, I realize that I should probably roll with Tyrod as my QB3. The dude has a previous top 10 position finish at QB and two other top 20's. That's pretty good for a QB3. That running is a nice boon. I can also get him later. So as I watch the likes of Carr, Cousins go off the board, I take Greg the Leg. No, seriously. Butker was my target and he goes a couple of picks beforehand, so just hoping Zuerlein is healthy. It's a weird choice, I know, but I can get Tyrod later, the tight ends aren't in any worse a situation at this point (Hockenson has gone off the board), and then I follow that up with the Pats defense. Yeah, it won't be as good as last years, but it should still be solid, and most importantly, it's a decent week 1 matchup. 

• Like 1

Pulling in for the last two picks. 

#157, Tyrod. He's fine as a QB3, and it's whatever. Some tight ends have come off the board; Hooper, Gesicki, Herndon. Ebron goes a couple of picks before my final selection. I am still looking at Jonnu Smith, Goedert, Jarwin and Jack Doyle. 

I take Jonnu in part because of the matchup week 1 (Denver, who has struggled against tight ends) and because I don't love Mike McCarthy's most recent TE history with the packers in regards to Jarwin's usage. This is obviously a situation I will monitor as I was very close between these two. 

Final Roster: PPR, 2-QB league

QB: Dak, Wentz, Tyrod

RB: Cook, Drake, Akers, Ingram, Mattison, Moss, Mack

WR: Adams, Robinson, Fuller, Hollywood Brown

TE: Jonnu Smith

Def: NE

K: Zuerlein

As suspected, the available wide receivers that went undrafted are far superior to the other positions. Damien Harris went undrafted, and I may need to see where i stand after a week or two and make a claim ont hat. 

10 team, 0.5 ppr. I had the 9th pick.

QB: Lamar Jackson

RB: Nick Chubb

RB: Miles Sanders

WR: DJ Moore

WR: Robert Woods

TE: Noah Fant

FLEX: Raheem Mostert

D/ST: Colts

K: Greg Zuerlein

BENCH

DeVonte Parker

Diontae Johnson

Hollywood Brown

Sony Michel 

Ceedee Lamb

Not loving that I have a TE flyer but I also think of the flyers he's pretty reasonable. Reached for Lamar because I'm a homer and I've won this league the past 2 years so I'm sorta willing to play a little fast and loose.  Other than that generally happy with my WR group considering I went RB-RB to start and also went QB early. 

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

#157, Tyrod. He's fine as a QB3, and it's whatever. Some tight ends have come off the board; Hooper, Gesicki, Herndon. Ebron goes a couple of picks before my final selection. I am still looking at Jonnu Smith, Goedert, Jarwin and Jack Doyle. 

I take Jonnu in part because of the matchup week 1 (Denver, who has struggled against tight ends) and because I don't love Mike McCarthy's most recent TE history with the packers in regards to Jarwin's usage. This is obviously a situation I will monitor as I was very close between these two. 

As suspected, the available wide receivers that went undrafted are far superior to the other positions. Damien Harris went undrafted, and I may need to see where i stand after a week or two and make a claim ont hat. 

Really like this team. Landing Mack as your 7th RB is a great move and great value. I could easily see him having a great first week or two with an easy schedule and then selling high on him for an upgrade at QB2 or QB3. Someone will overpay if he puts up good numbers, not thinking about Taylor beginning to take more and more snaps. 

• Like 1

Finished up 2 drafts tonight.

Draft 1: 10 teams, only 4 person bench, 0.5 PPR

• Ryan
  • Jacobs, Sanders, Akers, Dobbins
  • Thomas, Thielen, OBJ, Diggs, Ruggs
  • Higbee
  • Elliot
  • Bills

Draft 2: 10 teams, 6 person bench, 0.5 PPR

• Brees, Stafford
  • Kamara, Jacobs, Hunt, L Murray
  • Godwin, OBJ, Lockett, Fuller, Renfrow
  • Waller, H Henry
  • Gonzalez
  • Bears

On 9/6/2020 at 7:59 AM, ET80 said:

Had my draft this past week. Half PPR, 6pts for TDs (including passing TDs). Had pick 12 in a snake draft...

QB: Pat Mahomes

RB: Josh Jacobs

RB: LeVeon Bell

WR: Mike Evans

WR: Cooper Kupp

WR: Keenan Allen

TE: Hayden Hurst

K: Will Lutz

Def: LA Rams

Bench: Phillip Lindsay, Mecole Hardemen, Marlon Mack, Mike Williams, Jonnu Smith

I love this team, great work. 

I dont know why Jacobs isnt considered a top 5 fantasy RB this year. He is a beast and gruden loves to run the ball. Mahomes with passing TDs as 6 points is honestly not fair

Not a fan of evans, I dont think he matches stylistically with brady, but kupp and allen are really good. 

I have both hayden hurst and jonnu on my team, so in agreement there. 

mack, lindsay will both have roles. hardman is boom or bust but a very good stash for now.

Somehow this team feels really thin though, especially at WR in a league you have to start three and dont have a flex. I really love jonnu but you might want to consider picking up someone like reagor if he is available. another injured WR to go along with williams, but it looks like he will play in week 2 and the eagles really dont have much else at WR. He is a day one playmaker. I know 2 of your 5 bench spots are already WRs, but idk, thats what my gut tells me to tell you *shrug*

5 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Jonnu Smith. And depending how deep your league is, Tyler Eifert or Eric Ebron. 

my man. knew I liked you

5 hours ago, Forge said:

By this point, I imagine that everyone is cursing me under their breath, and Webby is getting ready to strip my mod powers and ban me for a month

LOL

all of this was hilarious. "Joe burrow round 6, life makes no sense". just lol

you should be required to live blog every draft you do from now on

my recommendation for #4 was going to be kamara, but I really like the cook/mattison pairing. I am starting to wonder if mattison will have a role even if cook is healthy, which ironically would be the worst thing for you.

You should have no problem flipping any of those RBs for a WR or TE later as necessary. I mean, moss and mack was great value late. both guys will be startable later in the year 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Counselor said:

That’s a tough one. I probably have it Kamara, CEH, Cook. But I have an affinity for what rookies can become.

This is the order I'd have it too.  Edge to Kamara (especially since it sounds like he'll be extended soon and that the epidural was something he got last season too) over CEH since we've seen a visible floor of what he can/should do if he maintains health.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Depending on the grid (i.e. how many Flex vs straight positional starters), I'd strongly recommend sitting Akers in favor of Fuller (in particular) or Hollywood (don't love him in a PPR, but as your WR4 he's great) for at least Week 1.  McVay is serious about Malcolm Brown being the starter Week 1 - and this has been with Akers looking good in camp.  I don't think it's going to last all that long, but (and there's still the chance that Akers goes off on less-than-lion's-share touches in Week 1 - which, as a Rams fan, I'm holding out hope for) the safer floor bet is the fade Akers' Week 1 projected points.  Brown also went off in Week 1 last season too - and I won't be shocked to see McVay make Akers wrestle the goal-line touches away from Brown altogether.

Meanwhile Fuller is actually healthy (for however long that lasts, but the dude did see a chiropractor this offseason, which he seems to think has helped his posture and the wear he's been putting on his lower body), Brandon Cooks is nursing a soft-tissue injury, and Deshaun is still Deshaun.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Forge said:

I think this is why you just almost have to go RB/RB this year.  Your first 5 I'm assuming were Cook, Drake, Adams, Robinson, Dak.  In my 2QB I had pick 9 and went Cook, Julio, Bell, Deshaun, Gurley.  Felt like I had to go Julio with him falling to me but I really don't like Bell and Gurley and I missed out on the sweet spot of WRs this year in rounds 3-5.  Really wish I had just passed on Julio for Drake or Sanders.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

Depending on the grid (i.e. how many Flex vs straight positional starters), I'd strongly recommend sitting Akers in favor of Fuller (in particular) or Hollywood (don't love him in a PPR, but as your WR4 he's great) for at least Week 1.  McVay is serious about Malcolm Brown being the starter Week 1 - and this has been with Akers looking good in camp.  I don't think it's going to last all that long, but (and there's still the chance that Akers goes off on less-than-lion's-share touches in Week 1 - which, as a Rams fan, I'm holding out hope for) the safer floor bet is the fade Akers' Week 1 projected points.  Brown also went off in Week 1 last season too - and I won't be shocked to see McVay make Akers wrestle the goal-line touches away from Brown altogether.

Meanwhile Fuller is actually healthy (for however long that lasts, but the dude did see a chiropractor this offseason, which he seems to think has helped his posture and the wear he's been putting on his lower body), Brandon Cooks is nursing a soft-tissue injury, and Deshaun is still Deshaun.

Yeah, I have fuller starting week one. I generally like to sit running backs in earlier weeks with questionable work loads so I can get an idea on their usage

2 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

I think this is why you just almost have to go RB/RB this year.  Your first 5 I'm assuming were Cook, Drake, Adams, Robinson, Dak.  In my 2QB I had pick 9 and went Cook, Julio, Bell, Deshaun, Gurley.  Felt like I had to go Julio with him falling to me but I really don't like Bell and Gurley and I missed out on the sweet spot of WRs this year in rounds 3-5.  Really wish I had just passed on Julio for Drake or Sanders.

Yep, I'm a 100% big time believer in rb / rb this year. I think the running backs in rounds 3-4 are awful

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Finished up 2 drafts tonight.

Draft 1: 10 teams, only 4 person bench, 0.5 PPR

• Ryan
  • Jacobs, Sanders, Akers, Dobbins
  • Thomas, Thielen, OBJ, Diggs, Ruggs
  • Higbee
  • Elliot
  • Bills

Draft 2: 10 teams, 6 person bench, 0.5 PPR

• Brees, Stafford
  • Kamara, Jacobs, Hunt, L Murray
  • Godwin, OBJ, Lockett, Fuller, Renfrow
  • Waller, H Henry
  • Gonzalez
  • Bears

1st team:  Not a believer in Higbee, but Iove your WR group. I do think your RB room is going to give you some headaches early on in the season with 2 rookies in committees/undetermined workloads + Sanders potentially being on a pitch count. 

Love the 2nd team though. Kamara/Jacobs/Godwin is an incredible haul from the 1st 3 rounds. I would try flipping Henry or Waller to a TE desperate team early in the season for some RB depth. 

• Like 1