Rate My Team Thread 2020 Edition

naptownskinsfan

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

1. My bad, thats where I thought I was. 

2. It was a standard Yahoo league, and to be honest I am not sure.  I was shocked Cook fell to me as well.  Derrick Henry was the one outside of the top 6 drafted there that pushed Cook to me.  I agree, If I can get those three RBs I dont think it would matter much on the WRs.  There are plenty there later to take a chance on.  

3. I typically like to have a backup QB, especially with deeper benches.  Maybe nt in this scenario but in the 16 team we have to because if you dont, then on bye or injury, you may not have a starting QB.  I am not a huge Tannehill fan but if he does well, it would be big for the team because it would mean AJ Brown is having a good year. 

1. All good, I started the mock thread after this one came about because of that but eh its whatever

2. Absolutely, I really like Henry maybe even more than Cook because I'm worried about the holdout and his injuries although he was totally healthy last year

3. Makes perfect sense, I hardly ever play 16 team leagues so it wasn't my first thought about that but I think thats a good call. 

Just drafted for my big money league which is down to 12 teams this year, still same standard scoring (6pt passing TD's), small benches.  I called an audible about halfway through and based off the way other people were drafting I decided to forego going after any of my sleepers and not argue with falling value.  Same plan as always before of not drafting a kicker and opting for an extra skill position player for the interim till we get closer to start of season, I'll drop someone superfluous for a kicker at that point (but for now I'd rather have the security of knowing I have whoever emerges as Tampa's starting RB already rostered).

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Chris Godwin
WR: Robert Woods
RB: Ezekiel Elliott
RB: Josh Jacobs
TE: Noah Fant
WR/RB: Le'Veon Bell
WR/TE: Hollywood Brown
K:
DEF: Indianapolis

BN: Ronald Jones II
BN: Marvin Jones Jr.
BN: Preston Williams
BN: KeShawn Vaughn

Vaughn was actually a botched pick and was supposed to be a speculative shot on Damian Harris to see how he opened the season if he got the starter's nod in NE.  Fant may stay or go for someone like Blake Jarwin, but if I miss on the top tier of TE's, I usually bank on being able to count on the notion that whatever TE I start the season with isn't very likely to be the one I finish it with, so I just go for someone I can count on for some quality starts out the gate.

I can work with this.  (Plus, some of the autodrafters somehow ended up with multiple TE's on their rosters and we have limited bench space, so I can imagine some other WW fodder becoming available soon).  I'll likely stream defenses in spurts this season again, so Indy's first six-pack shows enough promise, and I should have options to move onto by the time they draw the Saints in Week 7.

On 8/11/2020 at 4:29 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its not that I dont like it, its just I wish you did a few things differently. 

I love Josh Allen alot but the fact you drafted Lamar Jackson in Round 2 means you are almost NEVER going to start Allen unless LJax is hurt or on a bye.

Same thing can be said for Gesicki(albeit a smaller scale both ways) he is more potential than substance and Waller isnt on the level of LJax in terms of shear dominance at his position but I cant fathom a world where you'd bench Waller and start Gesicki

With that said, some leagues are weird where you are forced to draft 2 of each or maybe your in a league where guys trade all the time so flipping 1 might not be hard. Mine doesnt do either which is why I said what I said

Now here goes:

L-Jax cost alot but I do think you can get away with it in smaller leagues because everyone will have a stacked team and everyone will have talent on the bench

Same thing can be said for Waller, you got him where you did because he's good..

Zeke is obviously elite but the rest need some help. Singletary probably wont be the guy, neither will Mack. White is a good PPR guy but NE RBs are tough to predict. Now an injury to Moss or Taylor helps you loads though

The WRs are good. I'm a big Godwin fan, loved him last year and he was huge for me. Kupp is another one I love. AJ Brown had a great 2019 season as did Michael Gallup. AJ Green is someone I used to count on but where you got him probably was worth the risk

Overall its not bad, I think drafting backup QBs/TEs was a mistake especially given the Tier 1/Tier 2 type guys you got there but overall well done

The last statement on this I'm with 100%.  Also, I love Gesicki's potential but how little Chan Gailey offenses utilize the TE scares the hell out of me.  I'd have rolled the dice on a different athletic-upside TE if that was the aim (Noah Fant, Irv Smith now that he's free of the shackles of Kevin Stefanski and the Kubiak/Shanny offenses were historically fruitful for athletic TE's; Hockenson).  I'd keep an eye as to whether either Ricky Seals-Jones or Dan Arnold make any waves - whichever gets the regular starting snaps in Arizona as either would likely be facing consistent mismatches as more a big-slot than a traditional TE in Kingsbury's offense.

I agree, I don't see Singletary being the guy.  I think Buffalo is going to be a good team this year, but I hate Brian Daboll and he seems intent on just giving all the snaps that Frank Gore vacated to Zack Moss.  So you've got two heads in the pecking order inside the 20 ahead of Singletary for scores, which means he's going to have to break long ones in order to get them with any consistency.

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Just drafted for my big money league which is down to 12 teams this year, still same standard scoring (6pt passing TD's), small benches.  I called an audible about halfway through and based off the way other people were drafting I decided to forego going after any of my sleepers and not argue with falling value.  Same plan as always before of not drafting a kicker and opting for an extra skill position player for the interim till we get closer to start of season, I'll drop someone superfluous for a kicker at that point (but for now I'd rather have the security of knowing I have whoever emerges as Tampa's starting RB already rostered).

K:

Vaughn was actually a botched pick and was supposed to be a speculative shot on Damian Harris to see how he opened the season if he got the starter's nod in NE.  Fant may stay or go for someone like Blake Jarwin, but if I miss on the top tier of TE's, I usually bank on being able to count on the notion that whatever TE I start the season with isn't very likely to be the one I finish it with, so I just go for someone I can count on for some quality starts out the gate.

I can work with this.  (Plus, some of the autodrafters somehow ended up with multiple TE's on their rosters and we have limited bench space, so I can imagine some other WW fodder becoming available soon).  I'll likely stream defenses in spurts this season again, so Indy's first six-pack shows enough promise, and I should have options to move onto by the time they draw the Saints in Week 7.

Bravo, those first 3 picks are stellar. Dont love Bell but I do love the upside of Hollywood, Fant, Preston and the TB RB duo

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Bravo, those first 3 picks are stellar. Dont love Bell but I do love the upside of Hollywood, Fant, Preston and the TB RB duo

Bell was a floor play, so that i could get a little adventurous later on.  Even with a crap OL, Adam Gase as his HC, and Darnold missing time for mono last season, he still posted mid-RB2 numbers (not great to payoff people who sunk an early pick in him as their RB1, but there were worse guys to be fair).  At least the OL is better and Darnold doesn't have mono this year...

I also wanted a solid floor RB3, because there are certain players I think are very much going to be 2nd half of the season booms, but because they were high draft picks this year (in the actual draft and in fantasy drafts thus far - the former translating to the other), owners are going to be hesitant to just cut them off their fantasy rosters because of the investment made.  If I wait until those players hit their midseason bye week and offer Bell as a piece in a package exchange trade, that's a calculated gamble I'm willing to take - particularly if it brings in someone like Jonathan Taylor (don't love his 2nd half schedule, but I think he can produce well as an RB3 behind that line, just may take a bit for him to wrestle the lion's share from Mack).

On 8/15/2020 at 7:48 PM, The LBC said:

K:

This is a very good roster. I’m seriously shocked that you were able to end up with those 3 RBs and still land Godwin. To be completely honest, you might even be able to trade whichever TB running back starts plus Brady for a QB upgrade if you desire. 

12 team league half point PPR double flex. Draft spot at 9. 

QB J. Allen BUF 

RB D. Cook MIN

RB M. Sanders PHI 

WR A. Thielen MIN

WR D. Moore CAR

TE D. Waller LV 

Flex S. Diggs BUF

Flex D. Singletary BUF

D Eagles

Bench
RB A. Gibson WAS

RB A D. Henderson LA

RBJ. Howard MIA 

RB A. Mattison MIN

RB J. McKinnon SF

WR B. Aiyuk SF

WR D. Samuel SF

I moved Samuel to IR and going to pick up another WR. 

This is the most Boom or Bust team I've ever seen....12 teams, 8th pick, Standard Scoring

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Clyde Edwards Helaire
RB: Miles Sanders
WR: AJ Brown
WR: Tyler Boyd
TE: Tyler Higbee
Flex: Jonathan Taylor
DST: Ravens
K: Zane Gonzalez

Bench:
DeAndre Swift RB
Matt Breida RB
Jamison Crowder WR
Jalen Reagor WR
Preston Williams WR
Daniel Jones QB 

On 8/17/2020 at 12:20 PM, 49erurtaza said:

12 team league half point PPR double flex. Draft spot at 9. 

QB J. Allen BUF 

RB D. Cook MIN

RB M. Sanders PHI 

WR A. Thielen MIN

WR D. Moore CAR

TE D. Waller LV 

Flex S. Diggs BUF

Flex D. Singletary BUF

D Eagles

Bench
RB A. Gibson WAS

RB A D. Henderson LA

RBJ. Howard MIA 

RB A. Mattison MIN

RB J. McKinnon SF

WR B. Aiyuk SF

WR D. Samuel SF

I moved Samuel to IR and going to pick up another WR. 

Shocked Cook fell to you, is his holdout serious or is he in camp? Him and Sanders is a strong 1-2 in a PPR league. I like Allen more than most but I dont love the fact you have him, Singletary and Diggs all likely starting. Thielen and Moore will do well in this league as well. Interesting strategy not getting a 4th WR with any experience that isnt hurt but I guess the RB lottery isnt a bad way to go. 

4 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

This is the most Boom or Bust team I've ever seen....12 teams, 8th pick, Standard Scoring

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Clyde Edwards Helaire
RB: Miles Sanders
WR: AJ Brown
WR: Tyler Boyd
TE: Tyler Higbee
Flex: Jonathan Taylor
DST: Ravens
K: Zane Gonzalez

Bench:
DeAndre Swift RB
Matt Breida RB
Jamison Crowder WR
Jalen Reagor WR
Preston Williams WR
Daniel Jones QB 

I dont love seeing Boyd in your starting lineup but if Green is hurt and he always is it probably works. With that said, I love the fact you got Taylor and Swift. I think 1 of them at least has a strong year and I love drafting me some rookie RBs. CEH and Sanders definitely have a wide range of outcomes but the potential is thru the rough. Even guys like Preston and Jones could be traded later if they build on last year

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Shocked Cook fell to you, is his holdout serious or is he in camp? Him and Sanders is a strong 1-2 in a PPR league. I like Allen more than most but I dont love the fact you have him, Singletary and Diggs all likely starting. Thielen and Moore will do well in this league as well. Interesting strategy not getting a 4th WR with any experience that isnt hurt but I guess the RB lottery isnt a bad way to go. 

Yeah I couldn't believe he was there at 9 and no he isn't holding out. You feel like i have to many bills? I just picked up Ruggs with Samuel on IR. But yeah I went with deep at RB lottery on the bench usually matters more long term then a 4th WR. 

24 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yeah I couldn't believe he was there at 9 and no he isn't holding out. You feel like i have to many bills? I just picked up Ruggs with Samuel on IR. But yeah I went with deep at RB lottery on the bench usually matters more long term then a 4th WR. 

Too many that are high enough on your "depth chart" that you might be starting all 3. Thats not an offense that you want to triple dip in. I like Allen more than most(most because everyone is just super down on him as a passer and I'm only mild on him there) Like if you drafted a WR just as good as Diggs from another team and had say John Brown or Zach Moss, it wouldn't be a big deal but there's a good chance you start all 3 of the Bills at least early on

So I ended up punting keepers in my primary league that I asked about a while ago- it's 10 teams, 1 PPR.  I don't think I did too badly- by not submitting keepers, I had three of the first four "picks" and then my fourth keeper and the first overall pick in the actual draft.  Of those five players, three are from my team last year and I nearly had Golladay back but he was taken so I took Moore.  Was not happy about how QB ended up, and I will likely need to trade a RB for a WR.  

QB- Carson Wentz, Josh Allen

RB- Ezekiel Eliott, Clyde Edwards Helaire, James Conner, Kareem Hunt, Mark Engram

WR- Mike Evans, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, DeSean  Jackson, Alshon Jeffery, Mike Pittman Jr 

TE- Zach Ertz, Rob Gronkowski 

DST- 49ers 

K- Wil Lutz 

I start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, 1 DST, 1 K

18 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So I ended up punting keepers in my primary league that I asked about a while ago- it's 10 teams, 1 PPR.  I don't think I did too badly- by not submitting keepers, I had three of the first four "picks" and then my fourth keeper and the first overall pick in the actual draft.  Of those five players, three are from my team last year and I nearly had Golladay back but he was taken so I took Moore.  Was not happy about how QB ended up, and I will likely need to trade a RB for a WR.  

QB- Carson Wentz, Josh Allen

RB- Ezekiel Eliott, Clyde Edwards Helaire, James Conner, Kareem Hunt, Mark Engram

WR- Mike Evans, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, DeSean  Jackson, Alshon Jeffery, Mike Pittman Jr 

TE- Zach Ertz, Rob Gronkowski 

DST- 49ers 

K- Wil Lutz 

I start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex, 1 DST, 1 K

Its tough to judge keeper leagues because not everyone starts on a level playing field. Your best 3 players are inside the Top-20 which is great. The QB duo isnt a bad one bc at least you didnt waste an early pick on one AND draft a backup. RBs after top-2 should be good enough. You’re right you might need another WR but at the very least you probably wont ever start 4 of those guys

12 man half ppr.  3WR 2RB+ flex league.  8th spot.  

QB: C.Wentz, A. Smith

RB: D. Cooks, J. Taylor, M. Mack, S. Michel, K. Hunt

WR: T. Hill, K. Golladay, C. Ridley, T. Hilton, A. Lazard, D. Jackson, R. Anderson

TE: H. Hurst

K: Z. Gonzales 

Def: None

I feel like I nailed the start of the draft then imploded a bit from picks 7-9.  I coulda had gallup, cooks, rodgers or allen here.  oh well.  I'm dropping alex smith and waivering a defense.