Tremors Mafia: GRABOIDS WIN FLAWLESSLY

Malfatron

MV5BMTEzNjkwMzIyMjZeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDI2

Its going to be a smallish, more intimate type game. 14 player limit.

Players make the game, and I hope we can have some active players to help build the world, in this small town of Perfection.

Roles will be sent out Friday, with d1 ending Sunday 

Game Notes:

There will be 14 players, all representing characters from the original Tremors movie. As you may know, the town of Perfection has exactly 14 residents. The bad guys are obviously the monsters. So each bad guy will be given a cover role as well. The characters will be randomly assigned and made public. The character you are given might not match the "civ special" power you have, if you have one. Also, its possible that a major character could be a cover role. Like I said, your character is completely randomized seperately from your ability/alignment. If a "mafia role" is killed, i will also "kill" their cover role as a NPC character 

For this reason, you are encouraged to roleplay as your character as their is literally no harm in it.

Im going to be crafting a lot of flavor into the overall narrative here. so in the writeups, the characters involved might be NPC cover roles or part of the actual town

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

Lets take a look at our town of Perfection

1 @bucsfan333

Jim, The Doctor

latest?cb=20100715183523

2 @Pickle Rick

Megan, the Doctors wife

284?cb=20120417200552

3 @The Orca

Heather Gummer

732?cb=20100530173300

4 @MWil23

Burt Gummer

latest?cb=20100517225710

5 @Dome

Nestor

284?cb=20120417200410

6 @swoosh

Miguel (replaced counselor)

732?cb=20100617003901

7 @bcb1213

Rhonda LeBeck

340?cb=20100608121441

8 @squire12

Earl Bassett

340?cb=20100810163315

@JoshstraDaymus

Valentine McKee

latest?cb=20100617002242

10 @ET80

Old Fred

340?cb=20120417205534

11 @rackcs

Mindy

340?cb=20120417205858

12 @Nazgul

Melvin

68435_normal.jpg?1539788694

13 @SwAg

Walter Chang

qdc2ejhoyhz21.jpg

14 @Whicker

Nancy

16533-20008.jpg

possible replacements:

ksj

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

Rules

Special Gameplay Mechanics

1. The alignments/powers will be randomized and assigned out through PMs.

2. Characters will be separately randomized and made public. There is no relation between your character and your ability/alignment. Since the mafia are the graboids, their character will essentially be a NPC. When that mafia graboid dies, i will also kill off their NPC character.

3. Flavor is flavor. I may use narrative writeups that says that certain townspeople are responsible for killing a monster. Likely, that will just be flavor. 

Day Phase Rules:

1. To vote for somebody, type their name out in bold. Votes must be clearly visible to me and the other players (i.e. no white text or hiding it in a quote). Highest vote count at deadline is eliminated.

2. Day phase will end at 9 PM CST unless otherwise specified. Votes ending 9:00 count, 9:01 doesnt count

3. There are no locked in votes or hammer rules. Voting will proceed to the deadline.

4. If there is a tie between players at the end of a deadline, there will be an overtime period of my choosing. In this overtime period, the vote count does not reset, but you are allowed to change votes. If theres a tie, the eliminated player will be randomized

5. You must vote at least once during every day phase. Failure to do this twice in a row will result in your death. I will seek out replacements before this occurs if you are too inactive. Because of the small size of the game, I will be more proactive about finding a replacement. If a player dies in the game, they cant replace back in 

Night Phase Rules:

1. After night is called, players will have 30 minutes to send in moves if they haven't already, and then they are locked. I encourage you to send "default" night moves during the day phase. SEND NIGHT MOVES IN EARLY, because you can always change them up until the deadline (which is 30 minutes after night is called). 

2. You are allowed to post during the night phase, but do not post any results from that night's actions before the night has ended.

3. Night actions will be based on natural resolution.

General Rules:

1. You may edit recent posts to fix typos, etc. You may not edit out votes. If you abuse this, I will punish you or your team as I see fit.

2. Do not communicate with someone about this game outside of the game thread unless given permission.

3. Upon death you are allowed one post. This post cannot contain anything game related.

4. Name+power claiming is allowed but posting of PMs in any way is not allowed. You may paraphrase your PM, but do not copy+paste or type it verbatim. Do not try to game the system (for instance, by typing it verbatim and changing 1 letter)

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

signups without pictures

1.  bucsfan - town -  gunsmith - eliminated day 1

2 pickle - town - vanilla - eliminated day 2

3 orca - town - nurse - killed day 1

4 @MWil23

5 @Dome

6. @swoosh (replaced counselor)

7 @bcb1213

8 squire - town - vanilla - killed night 3

@JoshstraDaymus (replaces hobo)

10 @ET80

11 @rackcs

12 @Nazgul

13 swag - serial killer - one shot bulletproof - eliminated night 3

14 whicker - town  - jailkeep - eliminated day 4

possible replacements:

ksj

Edited by Malfatron
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Game Notes:

There will be 14 players, all representing characters from the original Tremors movie. The bad guys are obviously the monsters. So each bad guy will be given a cover role as well. The characters will be randomly assigned. The character you are given might not match the "civ special" power you have, if you have one. Also, its possible that a major character could be a cover role. Like I said, your character is completely randomized seperately from your ability/alignment. If a "mafia role" is killed, i will also "kill" their cover role as a NPC character 

For this reason, you are encouraged to roleplay as your character as their is literally no harm in it.

Im going to be crafting a lot of flavor into the overall narrative here. so in the writeups, the characters involved might be NPC cover roles or part of the actual town

Take note of the game setup info on OP

The actual rules are posted on the first page as well, and are pretty basic

13 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

i decided not to do that because the other Tremors movies kind of suck.

14 is perfect because the town of Perfection has exactly 14 residents.

And I will randomize the characters separately and make them public as to who is who (mafia will have NPC characters, essentially. But they will be real characters from the town of Perfection)

I like this idea. 

Helps with the narrative as well.

• Like 1