COVID in Baseball Thread: 2 Mets Test Positive

ramssuperbowl99

another important factor to consider when thinking about transmission, two of those games were in the day time i believe. UV light kills it (i believe thats a near consensus), combine that and the lack of physical contact in basbeall and one would hope the spread to other teams is fairly minimal. 

Sorry to break up all the outrage on here though, please continue...

2 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

another important factor to consider when thinking about transmission, two of those games were in the day time i believe. UV light kills it (i believe thats a near consensus), combine that and the lack of physical contact in basbeall and one would hope the spread to other teams is fairly minimal. 

Sorry to break up all the outrage on here though, please continue...

Plus they all took their bleach ivs during the 7th inning stretch 

• Like 7

MLS is working, 

50 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The MLB has a tougher task because they have to put on sports in a country with 30% of the population that is too selfish/stupid/scientifically illiterate to wear masks.

Truth, throw in peoples need to have protest and mass gatherings every week, in every major city, about anything they dont agree with and this Covid isnt going anywhere.

Its working for other sports. Players need to be held accountable as well. I just read Lou Williams snuck out of his bubble and went for a lap dance. 

3 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Its working for other sports. Players need to be held accountable as well. I just read Lou Williams snuck out of his bubble and went for a lap dance. 

Is it? The NBA and MLS are in a bubble. That's entirely different than the premier league, so I don't know why you would use that as a basis for comparison.

I remember seeing a news item a few weeks ago where a drone disinfected an entire stadium in 3 hours.  What if the folks who work at Philly had disinfected their locker rooms before tonight's game?  Would that have been sufficient?  Have any of the Philly players tested positive? 

I noticed umpires and guys in the dugouts wearing masks.   I'd like to know why players out on the field and diamond are not.