waiver wire pick ups

holt_bruce81

33 minutes ago, MemphisEagles said:

Aaron Jones probably won't keep it up. If he clears waivers and you need help I would sign him, but I would save the waiver spot.

Will Fuller, Mike Williams, Curtis Samuel, and Josh Doctson are the popular names I've seen thrown around. I picked up Fuller.

Fuller is interesting because Watson likes slinging it downfield. Too much boom or bust for me for a team that likes to run the ball, but he could have a couple of deep catches a game  

Id stay away from all Carolina pass catchers until cam shows he's healthy, so no Samuel for me

id keep an eye on Dotson. I drafted him in a deeper league but I dropped him early. With Pryor not clicking with cousins yet, I see opportunity for Dotson to carve out a role if he makes the most of his snaps on the field. He's the type of natural WR that qbs tend to look for once they have the trust. 

Not sure if he's available, but I snagged Mohammad Sanu this week. Hes got WR1 upside 

i picked up allison two weeks ago. You'd think he'd be the X or the Y (whatever Davonte Adams was) now 

49 minutes ago, N4L said:

Fuller is interesting because Watson likes slinging it downfield. Too much boom or bust for me for a team that likes to run the ball, but he could have a couple of deep catches a game  

Id stay away from all Carolina pass catchers until cam shows he's healthy, so no Samuel for me

id keep an eye on Dotson. I drafted him in a deeper league but I dropped him early. With Pryor not clicking with cousins yet, I see opportunity for Dotson to carve out a role if he makes the most of his snaps on the field. He's the type of natural WR that qbs tend to look for once they have the trust. 

Not sure if he's available, but I snagged Mohammad Sanu this week. Hes got WR1 upside 

i picked up allison two weeks ago. You'd think he'd be the X or the Y (whatever Davonte Adams was) now 

Geronimo is a potentially good pickup I agree. Sanu is gone in my league and it's a ten man.

21 minutes ago, MemphisEagles said:

Geronimo is a potentially good pickup I agree. Sanu is gone in my league and it's a ten man.

Yeah, I picked him up in my 12 man league. Not sure why he was out there but I dropped Tyrell Williams for him and watch Williams go off this weekend lol 

6 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Let's bring this backup as waivers come in roughly 24 hours from now. JD (Seattle RB) or Jones from GB or someone else? Who would you want to add the most or who would you spend the most fAAB budget on?

I would probably rank the waiver wire pickup this week as...

1. Alvin Kamara RB 

2. Latavius Murray RB 

3. Aaron Jones RB 

4. Deshaun Watson QB 

5. Geronimo Allison WR 

- I would definitely use some FAAB or the #1 waiver claim on the top 2 guys. But probably wouldn't use the #1 claim on the bottom 3 unless your in desperate need of a 2-3 week RB. I have the #2 waiver claim and I don't think I'll put in for anyone. Probably just role with Alex Collins as my flex this week, as Kamara and Tevin Coleman are both on Byes. 

Question for you all, without Sam Bradford, is Kyle Rudolph dropable? I have Engram as my starter and while he's not setting the world on fire, he's definitely been alot more consistent so far than Rudolph. I would drop Rudolph for the Patriots defense, Geronimo Allison or Josh Doctson. Not 100% sure yet, but all 3 seem like they'd have more value on my team. And the Patriots have a really nice week 6 match-up vs the Jets, and my Bengals D is on a bye that week. 

That's one thing I've noticed about fantasy, if you look not 1 week, but 2-3 weeks ahead, you can usually snag up some great defense matchups....for those that like to stream your defense. 

On 9/29/2017 at 5:59 PM, steadypimpin said:

Do you really trust any GB RB behind that line tho? That's why I'm glad I wasn't high on Montgomery this year. I never bought the hype.

Well, now it looks like Montgomery might not miss time, so that's obviously a factor.  For me, it's not the line that's the problem.  It's just that the Packers offense revolves around Rodgers throwing the ball.  Feeding a RB just isn't generally a part of their gameplan.  Sometimes the starting RB will end up with a good game, but it's more a reflection of being a part of a high-powered offense than it is them intentionally running the ball.

That said, I picked up Aaron Jones last Thursday in one of my leagues.  I already have Montgomery on that team, and generally use him as my flex (3rd RB).  I'm not expecting huge things from Jones even if he does replace Montgomery for a bit.  

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:59 PM, steadypimpin said:

Do you really trust any GB RB behind that line tho? That's why I'm glad I wasn't high on Montgomery this year. I never bought the hype.

He was 4th among RBs in PPR leagues before his injury.

1 hour ago, 49er pride said:

Wayne Gallman

I just can't trust hte Giants in the run game. This has been going on like 5 years now or something. Who was the last viable running back they had in fantasy...was it seriously Tiki? 

Archived