Official Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

34 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Not a huge blow for us. I’m not sure he was even going to make the team

I don't think he was either, which is probably why he was willing to take his $150k not to play lol 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, N4L said:

I don't think he was either, which is probably why he was willing to take his $150k not to play lol 

I disagree with you both. I think there was an excellent chance that he made the roster. Deebo might miss a few games, Richie James is injured, Taylor and Hurd are unproven and coming off injury, and Aiyuk and Jennings are rookies of very different pedigrees. The only healthy veterans are currently Kendrick Bourne and Dante Pettis. He had an amazing opportunity to make the roster. 

His ability to last on the roster the entire season? Well that's another matter entirely. 

27 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

So, the new CBA crackdowns on holdouts wouldn't apply to Kittle if he went that route since he's still on his first contract right? 

They would. My understanding is that's why he's showing up. But that's just stuff I heard listening to Brian peacock. I can't vouch for the accuracy

4 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I disagree with you both. I think there was an excellent chance that he made the roster. Deebo might miss a few games, Richie James is injured, Taylor and Hurd are unproven and coming off injury, and Aiyuk and Jennings are rookies of very different pedigrees. The only healthy veterans are currently Kendrick Bourne and Dante Pettis. He had an amazing opportunity to make the roster. 

His ability to last on the roster the entire season? Well that's another matter entirely. 

I think him being the lone speedster may have etched his roster spot initally. But never thought he was that good. He drops ALOT of passes and he's had problems staying healthy. Good news is that there are still some speedster still on the market if that's a skillset we choose to focus on.