Official Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

5 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

He was never going to make the 53. Hopefully he clears waivers and someone like LaFluer doesn't try to snag him and try to make him a GB version of Juice 

Yeah, I've been interested in him from the start (was worried when they had to cut down from 90 initially), and he lived up to it. I feel pretty good about the likelihood that he'll stick around on the PS and won't be poached, and given where he's coming from, I doubt that anyone has a real shot at giving him a better PS opportunity. 

Plus, for him, it really only takes one injury to play a somewhat prominent role on this team. IF I were him, that would be kind of cool. 

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Jennings got cut

I thought he was going to make it until the very end. Once the likelihood of any of the receivers starting on PUP was gone, so was his chance of making the squad. Would assume that he's on the PS along with Hokit, Shepley, Jones-Smith, Harrell, Daniels, Hasty, Flannigan-Fowles, Mayden, White, Grasu....maybe a quarterback from somewhere else? Either someone cut or bringing back Rutter? Tim Harris. Not sure who else. 

58 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'ma be honest i don't think Kyle trusts Jimmy long term. I think he wants to be flexible if they find someone better then can move on. If Jimmy doesn't take the next step wouldn't surprise me if they move him or cut him. Now I don't believe they should personally.

The sample size is still a little too limited for me to say that he doesn't trust him fully, but this approach wouldn't shock me at all. Even if they find someone who's just comparable but cheaper they could move on. 

• Like 1