Official Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

Let's have some fun with this though: 

Who are legitimate trade targets that would make sense for us? 

1. Marvin Jones? I've been beating this drum for a while, think that makes sense if you're worried about injuries and depth at the position. 
  2. Justin Pugh? I'm with @757-NINER that Shanny and the team don't prioritize this enough to make this likely, but it's very easy to be concerned about the interior line. 
  3. Laveon Bell? Can't see that happening at all. 
  4. Some cornerback. Josh Jackson I've thought about as a buy low since the off season. Any name corners that could be applicable? 

Guys going out: 

1. Tevin Coleman. All i've got here. I don't think that we are trading Solly, though I've advocated for it 
  2. Spoon? 
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wonder if that allows us to keep Daniels or Hasty for now. I had Blair on my 53 man, so now I'm a man short. 

I thought it was a long shot for Blair to be ready so he was no where near my 53. Its actually one of the reasons I hope Clowney is in play for us. It allows us to put Blair on the shelf for the entire year. ACL injuries for lineman are really a 2 year injury. No way would he be the Blair we remembered from last year. Much rather we IR him for another year, resign him to a cheap one-year deal in 2021 and let him have another off-season to get back to his 2019 form. 

Just now, 757-NINER said:

I thought it was a long shot for Blair to be ready so he was no where near my 53. Its actually one of the reasons I hope Clowney is in play for us. It allows us to put Blair on the shelf for the entire year. ACL injuries for lineman are really a 2 year injury. No way would he be the Blair we remembered from last year. Much rather we IR him for another year, resign him to a cheap one-year deal in 2021 and let him have another off-season to get back to his 2019 form. 

I don't think putting him on IR was ever in play. PUP makes some sense just to give him the extra time. But reports were that he was pretty close to being ready. My guess is that he would be ready before 6 weeks, but not to start the season and so we decided to be cautious. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Let's have some fun with this though: 

Who are legitimate trade targets that would make sense for us? 

1. Marvin Jones? I've been beating this drum for a while, think that makes sense if you're worried about injuries and depth at the position. 
  2. Justin Pugh? I'm with @757-NINER that Shanny and the team don't prioritize this enough to make this likely, but it's very easy to be concerned about the interior line. 
  3. Laveon Bell? Can't see that happening at all. 
  4. Some cornerback. Josh Jackson I've thought about as a buy low since the off season. Any name corners that could be applicable? 

Guys going out: 

1. Tevin Coleman. All i've got here. I don't think that we are trading Solly, though I've advocated for it 
  2. Spoon? 

At this point, I have no idea. My brain says its Spoon but I really hope not. I can see his future here is pretty much done but I still say keeping him here benefits us more than trading him.

At this point, I have no idea. My brain says its Spoon but I really hope not. I can see his future here is pretty much done but I still say keeping him here benefits us more than trading him.

I'd be really curious what the return is. I mean, I brought up Elflein from Minnesota and I do think that makes a ton of sense (neither is particularly good, and it's just more about shuffling depth pieces to better situations). Elflein has a ton of familiarity with our blocking scheme at both center and guard at this point. I can't see him being moved for a pick though. That would be super, super weird. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Clearing out that space to take on Alshon with that contract making the eagles give us a high pick would be hilarious. 

I just can't see how Jeffrey fits in here. Playing the big slot maybe but I don't think it moves the needle that much in terms of production and effectiveness. Not to mention us trading for another player who can't stay healthy. Him and Verrett are like long lost twins, just on different sides of the ball.

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I just can't see how Jeffrey fits in here. Playing the big slot maybe but I don't think it moves the needle that much in terms of production and effectiveness. Not to mention us trading for another player who can't stay healthy. Him and Verrett are like long lost twins, just on different sides of the ball.

It would be more about buying the pick. Alshon could ostensibly get cut immediately afterward; he's kind of irrelevant to the deal. LIke Alshon + Eagles 1st for something minor (in our case, let's just use something like Pettis as an example). 

That being said, not really the type of deal that we can actually make right now because we don't have the cap to be buying draft picks with. It's the type of deal a rebuilding team takes on. But it would be a boss type move. I was really just joking about the timing of the two tweets  

Just now, Forge said:

Reynolds was cut, not sure if he makes the PS or not. Second year undrafted free agent...didn't look good this year, hadn't heard much about him last year. His time may be done, I dunno. 

I think he sticks around. Suffered a injury early in camp that may have stunted whatever kind of growth he made. I tend to have a affinity for Iowa O-Lineman so I could see him on the PS and maybe developing for another year.

I think he sticks around. Suffered a injury early in camp that may have stunted whatever kind of growth he made. I tend to have a affinity for Iowa O-Lineman so I could see him on the PS and maybe developing for another year.

Technically, they are usually very good and proficient. I think some of the best that come out of college along with ND prospects, I just don't know if they always get the best talent there. Wirfs was weirdly backward in that regard. 

33 minutes ago, Forge said:

Technically, they are usually very good and proficient. I think some of the best that come out of college along with ND prospects, I just don't know if they always get the best talent there. Wirfs was weirdly backward in that regard. 

Iowa works very hard to develop their OL. Many of their stars weren't heavily recruited. Wirfs was the exception but he grew up like 20 minutes from the stadium, which was the main reason they got him.

• Like 1