Official Training Camp Thread

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, Dub_City30 said:

I predict him to take over Deebo as the #1 WR

Won't happen this year. Eventually though if the reports out of TC hold true on Sundays. 

I just think its going to be hard for a rookie with no off-season to be the focal point of this passing attack. This is a very difficult offense to learn. And for Aiyuk to really be the go to guy, he'll need to know all three WR positions in the offense. I think that might be alot to ask right now. I think he'll definitely be a factor. I could see Shanny giving him the alot of the gadget plays they gave Deebo last year, while they ease Deebo back into action. But until I see other wise, Deebo seems more inclined to hit the ground running and be 'the man' this year. Even if he is coming off a broken foot.  

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Won't happen this year. Eventually though if the reports out of TC hold true on Sundays. 

I just think its going to be hard for a rookie with no off-season to be the focal point of this passing attack. This is a very difficult offense to learn. And for Aiyuk to really be the go to guy, he'll need to know all three WR positions in the offense. I think that might be alot to ask right now. I think he'll definitely be a factor. I could see Shanny giving him the alot of the gadget plays they gave Deebo last year, while they ease Deebo back into action. But until I see other wise, Deebo seems more inclined to hit the ground running and be 'the man' this year. Even if he is coming off a broken foot.  

I remember at the Super Bowl, Deebo had that interview where he said he was really worried he wouldn't be able to see the field in his first year, because of how complex Kyle's offense is. Not a good omen for Aiyuk, but maybe desperate times will force Shanahan to adapt and/or simplify. 

So DJ Jones injured his shoulder today smfh. Injuries already mounting for us. With DeFo now in Indy, we're really going to need Jones and Armstead healthy for all 16 games for this D-Line to even sniff last year's production. Kinlaw is too raw to be counted on outside of certain packages so we have to establish depth elsewhere. I'm hearing that both Street and UDFA Darrion Daniels have flashed so far. That's good but don't think its going to be nearly enough if either Armstead or Jones can't stay healthy and miss an extended amount of time.

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I remember at the Super Bowl, Deebo had that interview where he said he was really worried he wouldn't be able to see the field in his first year, because of how complex Kyle's offense is. Not a good omen for Aiyuk, but maybe desperate times will force Shanahan to adapt and/or simplify. 

Kyle has also said Aiyuk is already practicing and preparing like a pro. Deebo and KB didn’t really start producing consistently until Sanders got here. From what I’ve read Aiyuk already has a leg up from that perspective from they were at this point. I know both KB and Deebo said Sanders showed them how to be pros. Maybe they’ve relayed that to Aiyuk and possibly coming from a college with a former NFL coaching staff helped with that too. I don’t expect him to come out and have it all down, but it certainly seems like he’s on the right path to be an early contributor.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Kyle has also said Aiyuk is already practicing and preparing like a pro. Deebo and KB didn’t really start producing consistently until Sanders got here. From what I’ve read Aiyuk already has a leg up from that perspective from they were at this point. I know both KB and Deebo said Sanders showed them how to be pros. Maybe they’ve relayed that to Aiyuk and possibly coming from a college with a former NFL coaching staff helped with that too. I don’t expect him to come out and have it all down, but it certainly seems like he’s on the right path to be an early contributor.

Jimmy G also said he thinks like a QB and creates space. Kyle said he's been ahead of normal rookies and is already playing with 1s. Now do I expect him to be top dog start of the season? No but he's going to have a role right off the back.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

#33 in slot? Anyway we can get Moore on the field, I am a fan of. Seems like our Safeties are having a darn good camp and that our defense will once again be carrying this offense until it is healthy. Just need Kinlaw to pick up the learning curve a little faster and I will have no doubts about us being a potential top 3 Defense.

• Like 1