Best In Your Division?

BleedTheClock

QB: Chiefs

RB Broncos (Really could go to any team this year, Ekeler/CEH have a shot to carry the load and be elite pass catchers)

WR: Broncos

TE: Chiefs

OL: Raiders

DL: Chargers (Depends on what you think of Von/Chubb as, but Bosa/Ingram IMO barely edge them out even if you do consider them)

LB: Broncos (Again, could probably go to anyone not named the Chiefs, so much projection with all 3 teams, depends on what you say when you mean LB, Von/Chubb get included here)

CB: Chargers (easily)

S: Chargers

This probably comes off way biased, but I think that the Chargers have a legitimate case at being the best at every single position group on D. Tranquill, Nwosu and Murray can be an absolutely elite group. A healthy Derwin is head and shoulders better than any other S in the pool and Nas/Jenkins could both match the best 2nd S, if Jenkins plays like he did in the 2nd half).  If Tillery develops with the surrounding talent, or at the very least becomes a viable interior pass rushing threat, this is a scary DL.

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

NFC West

QB: Seahawks (Wilson)
RB: Seahawks(Carson/Hyde)
FB: 49ers (Juice Check)
WR: Cardinals (Hopkins/Fitzgerald/Kirk)
TE: 49ers (Kittle)
OT: 49ers (Williams/McGlinchey)
OG: Seahawks (Pugh/Sweezy? I really don't know, terrible guard play in this division)
OC: 49ers (Richburg? Again pretty meh)

DE:  49ers (Bosa/Ford/Blair/Armstead)
DT: Rams (Donald/Brockers)
LB: Seahawks (Wagner/Wright/Brooks)
CB: Rams  (Ramsey/Hill/Williams. Niners corners were better in 2019 but going with Rams here)
S:  Seahawks (Adams/Diggs)

K: 49ers (Gould. Not the greatest of 2019 seasons, but had back to back seasons of going 33/34 and 39/41.)
P: Rams (Hekker)
RET: Rams (Let's just go with them but none of the returners in this division stand out.)

Totals:

49ers - 6

Seahawks - 5

Rams - 4

Cardinals - 1

For G I think you meant Cardinals.

Seattle currently has old and busted Mike Iupati, 2nd year Phil Haynes (2 starts) and 2020 3rd Pick Damien Lewis. Definitely not the best group.

NFC East

QB: Eagles (Wentz)
RB: Cowboys (Zeke/Pollard > Barkley/Lewis)
WR: Cowboys (Cooper/Gallup/Lamb)
TE: Eagles (Ertz/Goedert)
OT: Cowboys (Smith/Collins > Johnson/Dillard)
OG: Cowboys (Martin/Williams)
OC: Eagles (Kelce)

DE:  Washington (Young/Kerrigan/Sweat/Anderson)
DT: Eagles (Cox/Hargrave/Jackson)
LB: Cowboys (Smith/LVE)
CB: Eagles (Slay/NRC/Maddox/Jones)
S:  Giants (Peppers/Bethea)

K: Eagles (Elliot)
P: Washington (Way)
RET: Washington (Sims)

Eagles: 6
Cowboys: 5
Washington: 3
Giants 1

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd take Saquon infinity times out of infinity over Zeke. As far as NFCE guards go, Brooks/Seumalo win by a landslide when BB is healthy.

Not really. BB was the best in the league last year, but as a whole, Martin is #1 on the NFL 

• Like 1

I'm going to go ahead and make a whole roster of NFC West players. It's a 3-4 base defense. Here's the depth chart:

NFC West Offense: 

QBs (2): Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray (sorry Jared and Jimmy - all four QBs have a legitimate argument to be here)

RB (3): Chris Carson, Kenyan Drake, Tevin Coleman

FB (1): Kyle Juszczyk

LWR (2): DeAndre Hopkins, DK Metcalf

RWR (2): Tyler Lockett, Robert Woods

SLWR (2): Cooper Kupp, Larry Fitzgerald

TE (2): George Kittle, Tyler Higbee

LT (2): Trent Williams, DJ Humphries

LG (2): Justin Pugh, Laken Tomlinson

C (2): Weston Richburg, Mason Cole

RG (2): Tom Compton, Austin Blythe

RT (2): Mike McGlinchey, Rob Havenstein

NFC West Defense:

LDE (3): Nick Bosa, Michael Brockers, Jarran Reed

NT (2): Jordan Phillips, A'Shawn Robinson

RDE (2): Aaron Donald, Arik Armstead

LOLB (2): Chandler Jones, Samson Ebukam

ROLB (3): Dee Ford, KJ Wright, Devon Kennard

MLB (2): Bobby Wagner, Kwon Alexander

ILB (2): Fred Warner, Isaiah Simmons

LCB (2): Patrick Peterson, Troy Hill

RCB (2): Jalen Ramsey, Shaquill Griffin

NCB (2): Richard Sherman, K'Waun Williams

FS (2): Budda Baker, John Johnson

SS (2): Jamal Adams, Taylor Rapp

Special Teams:

K: Zane Gonzalez

P: Johnny Hekker

KR: Tyler Lockett

PR: Tyler Lockett

LS: Jake McQuaide

2 points for starter, 1 point for depth, 1 point for special teams:

Seattle Seahawks - 16 (5 starters, 4 depth, 2 ST)

Los Angeles Rams - 18 (3 starters, 10 depth, 2 ST)

Arizona Cardinals - 20 (6 starters, 7 depth, 1 ST)

San Francisco 49ers - 25 (10 starters, 5 depth)

What do you guys think? Fellow NFC Westerners? @Forge @N4L @11sanchez11 @SaveOurSonics @jrry32 @DirtyDez @LuckyNumber11

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

What do you guys think? Fellow NFC Westerners? @Forge @N4L @11sanchez11 @SaveOurSonics @jrry32 @DirtyDez @LuckyNumber11

From a niners perspective, mostert >>>>>>>> Coleman. That's not even close. Coleman didn't run with anywhere near the power, can't run through tackles, and you'll find most niner fans didn't even expect him to be on the team this year. He was the third best running back on the team last year. 

Compton is likely not the starting guard for the niners. We are guessing (hoping) it's brunskill. Compton is worse than last year's starter Mike person. 

Kicker should be Gould . Sherm is almost exclusively a LCB 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

From a niners perspective, mostert >>>>>>>> Coleman. That's not even close. Coleman didn't run with anywhere near the power, can't run through tackles, and you'll find most niner fans didn't even expect him to be on the team this year. He was the third best running back on the team last year. 

Compton is likely not the starting guard for the niners. We are guessing (hoping) it's brunskill. Compton is worse than last year's starter Mike person. 

Kicker should be Gould . Sherm is almost exclusively a LCB 

For Compton: he's still better than JR Sweezy, Ethan Pocic, and Austin Blythe

For Sherman: I know, but it didn't feel fair to force one of him or Peterson onto the bench. That was one of the few times I bent the rules (the other being listing Nick Bosa/Dee Ford at opposite sides of the field from where they actually play so that they could be starters, instead of backups to Aaron Donald/Chandler Jones). 

For Gould: Gould was quietly terrible this past year, but the team was just so dominant that it flew under the radar. Meanwhile, Gonzalez has been clutch with the Cardinals and hasn't really whiffed on gimmes the way that Gould/Myers have. His misses have been on difficult kicks, and he's a high-percentage clutch kicker. They're very similar. Obviously, Gould has the track record as someone who has been in the league for like 16 seasons. However, I just can't ignore how bad he was last year at range, considering his age. 

8 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Gould was quietly terrible this past year, but the team was just so dominant that it flew under the radar.

He was bad at the start of the year (and nearly half his misses for the season came in one game) when he was breaking in a new holder and we went through 4 long snappers.

He made every fg but one (the miss coming in the rainstorm game at Baltimore) after getting our long snapper back and coming back from injury himself. He added 7/7 in the playoffs after that. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

He was bad at the start of the year (and nearly half his misses for the season came in one game) when he was breaking in a new holder and we went through 4 long snappers.

He made every fg but one (the miss coming in the rainstorm game at Baltimore) after getting our long snapper back and coming back from injury himself. He added 7/7 in the playoffs after that. 

Dang, maybe I should put your LS over Jake McQuaide, then! I was on the fence with Gould. I really was.

Also, on a semi-random side note, can you imagine an offensive personnel set that has Kittle, Higbee, Juice, Fitz, and DK on the field at the same time? That's like 5 TEs lol.

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

Dang, maybe I should put your LS over Jake McQuaide

He's only so good because of the PEDs (seriously, that's why he missed 8 games... Second PEDs suspension lol). Obviously, I'm joking about the "so good" part, but its funny to have your ls get busted for PEDs not once, but twice

2 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Also, on a semi-random side note, can you imagine an offensive personnel set that has Kittle, Higbee, Juice, Fitz, and DK on the field at the same time? That's like 5 TEs lol.

Could totally do some damage

37 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I'm going to go ahead and make a whole roster of NFC West players. It's a 3-4 base defense. Here's the depth chart:

NFC West Offense: 

QBs (2): Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray (sorry Jared and Jimmy - all four QBs have a legitimate argument to be here)

RB (3): Chris Carson, Kenyan Drake, Tevin Coleman

FB (1): Kyle Juszczyk

LWR (2): DeAndre Hopkins, DK Metcalf

RWR (2): Tyler Lockett, Robert Woods

SLWR (2): Cooper Kupp, Larry Fitzgerald

TE (2): George Kittle, Tyler Higbee

LT (2): Trent Williams, DJ Humphries

LG (2): Justin Pugh, Laken Tomlinson

C (2): Weston Richburg, Mason Cole

RG (2): Tom Compton, Austin Blythe

RT (2): Mike McGlinchey, Rob Havenstein

NFC West Defense:

LDE (3): Nick Bosa, Michael Brockers, Jarran Reed

NT (2): Jordan Phillips, A'Shawn Robinson

RDE (2): Aaron Donald, Arik Armstead

LOLB (2): Chandler Jones, Samson Ebukam

ROLB (3): Dee Ford, KJ Wright, Devon Kennard

MLB (2): Bobby Wagner, Kwon Alexander

ILB (2): Fred Warner, Isaiah Simmons

LCB (2): Patrick Peterson, Troy Hill

RCB (2): Jalen Ramsey, Shaquill Griffin

NCB (2): Richard Sherman, K'Waun Williams

FS (2): Budda Baker, John Johnson

SS (2): Jamal Adams, Taylor Rapp

Special Teams:

K: Zane Gonzalez

P: Johnny Hekker

KR: Tyler Lockett

PR: Tyler Lockett

LS: Jake McQuaide

2 points for starter, 1 point for depth, 1 point for special teams:

Seattle Seahawks - 16 (5 starters, 4 depth, 2 ST)

Los Angeles Rams - 18 (3 starters, 10 depth, 2 ST)

Arizona Cardinals - 20 (6 starters, 7 depth, 1 ST)

San Francisco 49ers - 25 (10 starters, 5 depth)

I wouldn't use a 3-4 defense. Don't think it makes sense with the Front Seven. It's a good list, though. Although, I have to say that not having Andrew Whitworth on the OL is a crime. 😂

Let me try:

QB: Russell Wilson - Jared Goff or Jimmy G.

HB: Chris Carson - Raheem Mostert

FB: Kyle J.

X WR: DeAndre Hopkins - D.K. Metcalf

Z WR: Tyler Lockett - Robert Woods

SL WR: Cooper Kupp - Van Jefferson (Blasphemy! But as much as I love Fitz, I think he's just about cooked)

TE: George Kittle - Tyler Higbee

LT: Trent Williams - Duane Brown

LG: Andrew Whitworth - Laken Tomlinson

OC: Weston Richburg - Austin Blythe

RG: David Edwards - Daniel Brunskill (49ers fans, help me out)

RT: Mike McGlinchey - Rob Havenstein

Maybe I'm cheating with Whit, but he has played OG.

SDE: Arik Armstead - Nick Bosa

NT: Michael Brockers - Jordan Phillips

UT: Aaron Donald - Jarran Reed

LEO: Chandler Jones - Dee Ford

WLB: Fred Warner - Isaiah Simmons

MLB: Bobby Wagner - Kwon Alexander

SLB: K.J. Wright - Leonard Floyd

LCB: Patrick Peterson - Richard Sherman

RCB: Jalen Ramsey - Troy Hill

NCB: Quinton Dunbar - Shaquill Griffin

FS: John Johnson III - Budda Baker

SS: Jamal Adams - Taylor Rapp

Although, realistically, that defense is going to spend most its time in nickel, which results in Armstead kicking inside to NT and Bosa starting at SDE.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I agree with a lot of these, so i'll focus where I disagree.

QB.  Love the hunch, especially if true, but as of this minute, Burrow hasn't even signed his rookie contract yet, and Lamar is the reigning MVP.  Ravens.

WR.  Hard to argue top 2, but if we are going all unit, a healthy AJ green sways this a bit with Boyd, Higgins and Ross being deeper overall.  Even if Green returns to 2015 form, he and Boyd are slightly behind OBJ and Landry.  The ravens room of Brown, Boykin and Snead are sneaky deep as well.  Just depends on how deep you look.  Push .  Or two deep-Browns, 3-4 deep Ravens/Bengals

LB:  I'd put Dupree and Watt as OLBs, plus Bush inside.  Steelers   But this blows up the DE rankings, so.....

DE  I'd say Garrett and Vernon as the top two, followed closely by Wolfe and Campbell, but Dunlap, Lawson and Hubbard as the best three.  So push between Ravens, Browns, and Bengals

RET- Brandon Wilson just led the NFL in KR, plus they have Phillips and Erickson sharing duties at both KR and PR.  I'll take that unit over one guy.  

How are Heyward and Tuitt not in contention for best DEs?   

• Like 1