Best In Your Division?

BleedTheClock

On 7/28/2020 at 4:35 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Bro....

Lamar was the MVP last season.

Ben is a HOFer.

Even Baker, despite his issues last season, set the rookie TD record the year before.

Assuming an unproven rookie is better than any of those guys right now is asinine, but including the MVP??

He has always said Lamar is terrible and Ravens were going to be looking for a new quarterback this offseason and in being wrong he decided to just shut out the world of reality and pray every day for a human being to be injured.

we know Lamar right now is better than Baker and probably Ben so he had to prop up the unknown otherwise he’d have to admit Lamar is maybe not horrible.

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

RG: David Edwards - Daniel Brunskill (49ers fans, help me out)

I'm not sure how good Brunskill will be at this point...the thing is, RG is probably my least favorite position for him lol. He filled in at tackle last year and was really good. And he has experience at center, and I think he'd be good there as well. But I worry about him not having the power needed to play the RG position really well. Granted, you can make that work in Shanny's run scheme since there is so much movement, but it does worry me in the pass game and in the run game where he has to be in a phone booth. 

On 7/27/2020 at 10:15 PM, ET80 said:

K/P - Texans. Ka'imi Farbairn is a pretty clutch K overall, and Bryan Anger was sticking his punts last season.

This is the only one I'm going to argue over in favor of the Jags. 

Since joining the team in the middle of 2017, Lambo has been the most accurate Kicker in all of football, even ahead of Tucker (and has actually been more accurate than Tucker all three years). And Logan Cooke has a higher punt average and (albeit barely) higher net yards average than Banger. Banger did have one fewer touchbacks on 30 fewer punts, but given their touchbacks were identical as well, it's pretty much because so many Jaguars offensive drives stalled out where it would take an obscene kick to down it in the 20.

Otherwise, I agree. The Jaguars aren't the top of any position in the division once Yan is traded or officially sits.

Edited by pwny
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm not sure how good Brunskill will be at this point...the thing is, RG is probably my least favorite position for him lol. He filled in at tackle last year and was really good. And he has experience at center, and I think he'd be good there as well. But I worry about him not having the power needed to play the RG position really well. Granted, you can make that work in Shanny's run scheme since there is so much movement, but it does worry me in the pass game and in the run game where he has to be in a phone booth. 

Who would you put at RG? I have no idea. Couldn't find a good fit on any of the teams. 

14 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I mean, Van Jefferson could be sneaky good. And I'm sure most people would think Fitz is cooked unless they watched Cardinals games, and it's not like that's appealing to most people. He didn't do much against the Rams. However, last year he played some of the best football of his career. Explosion, route-running, excellent hands, and the ability to high-point the ball were still there. He actually seemed more explosive than during his last 100+ reception campaign.

Also, he had 75 receptions with 0 drops last year. At this point, he has more career tackles (39) than career drops (29). Also, if you consider his stats for last season, he's about two seasons away from passing Jerry Rice for career receptions, something that suddenly looks doable. Obviously, Rice is the real GOAT, but he called Larry the GOAT. So much respect there.

Actually, if you look at the very first play, you can see how much explosion he still has. He actually had him beaten on a post route. That's a post, but Kyler threw an inaccurate pass, turns it into a corner. Larry adjusts completely to it and makes the reception despite getting interfered with. If you watch his reel from last year, when Kyler was targeting him he was incredible. However, Kyler had issues seeing the field last year, something that Kliff has emphasized as a point of improvement for this season. There's literally film of Kliff saying "Throw it to Larry. Throw it to Larry. Throw it to Lar - Agh! Should have thrown it to Larry."

So while I acknowledge that, stat-wise, Larry Fitz has mostly faded into obscurity, I have to disagree with the take that he's cooked. The dude still has plenty of juice and is having the time of his life. Also one of the biggest off-field contributors to the NFL.

It's all guesswork. Van may not even contribute as a rookie, but he strikes me as a very pro ready player, like Kupp was. I think he'll have a good year if COVID doesn't mess everything up. I am a huge Fitz fan and respect the hell out of him, but he really seemed like he fell off last year. Just didn't have much juice left. When he was doing damage, it was typically against zones using his savvy. I'm just not sold he won't fall off even more in 2020. You can never really say. It's hard to anticipate exactly when a guy will hit that wall.

10 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Yep. And the way I have it set up, Donald is 3-tech and Bosa is 5-tech. I actually really like Nick as a 5-tech 3-4 DE, think he could be a JJ Watt-type player there.

Eh, I'm not sure I see it the same way on Bosa. I think it would limit him a bit. It's why I chose Seattle's base defense.

All division team: 

Defense was hard but the offense was pretty obvious to me IMHO.

QB: Pat Mahomes

RB: Josh Jacobs

WR: Tyreek Hill

WR: Courtland Sutton

WR: Keenan Allen

TE: Travis Kelce (Love waller but kelce/kittle clear top 2)

OT: Mitchell Schwartz

OG: Richie Incognito

OC: Rodney Hudson

OG: Trai Turner

OT: Trent Brown

Defense: Nickel

DE: Von Miller

DT: Chris Jones

DT: Jurell Casey (off of body of work, very hard to choose, lots of good options)

DE:Joey Bosa

LB: Cory Littleton

LB: Alexander Johnson (considered kwiatkoski here)

CB: Charvarius Ward (little controversial but he's good from the games I've seen)

CB: Casey Hayward

Slot: Tyrann Mathieu*** (ish i know he plays safety too, but I wanted to slip him in)

SS: Derwin James

FS: Justin Simmons

• Like 1

QB: Ravens
- Reigning MVP, Lamar Jackson
RB: Ravens
- Ingram, Ricard, Gus, Hill, JKD
WR: Bengals
- Green, Boyd, Ross, Tate, Higgins
TE: Ravens
- Andrews (Top 5 TE) & Boyle (top 3 blocking TE)
OT: Ravens
- Stanley (All Pro) & Brown (PB Alternate)
IOL: Steelers
- DeCastro, Wisniewski, Pouncey

Edge: Steelers
- Watt & Dupree
IDL: Ravens
- Wolfe, Williams, Campbell, Madubuike
ILB: Steelers
- Devin Bush has stud potential. All the other players are pretty fresh. So when in doubt go with the most proven option.
CB: Ravens
- Humphery, Peters, Smith, Young
S: Steelers
- Fitzpatrick & Edmunds, it’s honestly a toss up. This is as close to a tie as you can get, but I don’t believe in ties. Even though I think Clark is superior to Edmunds, Fitzpatrick’s range and youth is what I’ll choose to give the difference to.

K: Ravens
- Tucker
P: Ravens
- Koch
RET: Bengals
- Brandon Wilson

Ravens: 8
Steelers: 4
Bengals 2
Browns: 0

Edited by diamondbull424

All division team: NFC East

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: SaQuon Barkley
RB: Ezekiel Elliot
WR: Amari Cooper
WR: DeSean Jackson
WR: Terry McLaurin
TE: Dallas Goedert
TE: Zach Ertz
OT: Tyron Smith
G: Zach Martin
C : Jason Kelce
G: Brandon Brooks
OT: Lane Johnson

Defense: Nickel

DE: Chase Young/Brandon Graham
DT: Fletcher Cox/John Allen
DT: Javon Hargrave/DaRon Payne
DE: DeMarcus Lawrence/Ryan Kerrigan
LB: Jaylon Smith
LB: Leighton Vander Esch
CB: Darius Slay
CB: Chidobie Awuzie
CB: Avonte Maddox
S: HaHa Clinton-Dix
S: Landon Collins

AFC North

QB: Ravens - We have the MVP 

RB: Browns - Chubb and Hunt, nuff said

FB: Ravens - I guess? Pat Ricard is good, I have no idea whether Derek Watt is.

WR: Bengals - better depth than Browns

TE: Ravens - close with the Browns but Andrews/Boyle more naturally compliment each other than Hooper/Njoku and I think Andrews is the best TE in the division. 

OL: Ravens - losing Yanda hurts but this was an elite unit last year 

Defense

DL: Steelers.- Great depth and some standouts in Tuitt and Heyward who open things up for the rest of the defense.

EDGE: Steelers - Watt vs. Garrett is a toss-up but Dupree is the best complimentary edge rusher in the division which puts PIT over the top. 

ILB: Steelers - Pretty average group all around but Bush is probably the most established player here.

CB: Ravens - Both in terms of blue chip talent and depth, Humphrey/Peters/Young/Smith is arguably the best CB group in the league let alone the division. 

S: Steelers - Minkah's the best overall safety in the division, Ravens come close with Earl/Clark given Clark is better than Edmunds, but I'll give the edge to PIT with how much of a gamechanger Minkah was for them. 

K: Ravens - Tucker the GOAT.

P: Literally no clue

KR: Bengals I think? Also not really sure. 

Coaching: Ravens

Crabcakes: Ravens 

10 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

RB: Ravens
- Ingram, Ricard, Gus, Hill, JKD

Chubb and Hunt are better. Its not even an argument. Its the only positional group the Browns have that are truly best in the division and potentially the league

• Like 2