Multiple players opt out of 2020 season: RT Cannon, LB Hightower, five others

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

Ja’Wuan James has opted out. I respect a lot of guys doing it but this sack of money stealing cow dung who wasn’t in the right mind set to come back and play when he could of has just stolen money from the Broncos. Elway you pooped yourself on that deal. 

He had a family member get it previously who was hospitalized. He's making a health decision.

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

He had a family member get it previously who was hospitalized. He's making a health decision.

And he also sat out games last season when he was healthy because he wasn’t mentally strong enough to play. He’s stealing money.

Let’s be clear, he’s making an “I have a great excuse to not play football and get all the money owed to me anyway” decision, which for this bum is all he’s ever wanted. It would be different if he didn’t have a track record going back years of not wanting to play. I know the entire team collectively rolled their eyes when they heard the news. 

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Let’s be clear, he’s making an “I have a great excuse to not play football and get all the money owed to me anyway” decision, which for this bum is all he’s ever wanted. It would be different if he didn’t have a track record going back years of not wanting to play. I know the entire team collectively rolled their eyes when they heard the news. 

He doesn't though. He also doesnt fit their high risk category. He gets 150k this year. Its no small amount but compared to the 13 million he was owed this year its a big difference. He is taking .1% of his due salary. 

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

He doesn't though. He also doesnt fit their high risk category. He gets 150k this year. Its no small amount but compared to the 13 million he was owed this year its a big difference. He is taking .1% of his due salary. 

Yes, he does. All the guaranteed money owed to him still has to be paid next year and beyond. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

It gets paid either way, opting out doesn't change that. 

Glad you agree with me. He quits (again) and gets all the money owed to him. This is the ideal scenario for Ja’Wuan James. He doesn’t want to play football, period.

Edited by BroncoBruin

4 hours ago, Counselor said:

Ja’Wuan James has opted out. I respect a lot of guys doing it but this sack of money stealing cow dung who wasn’t in the right mind set to come back and play when he could of has just stolen money from the Broncos. Elway you pooped yourself on that deal. 

Funny how things suddenly reverse. Elway's bread and butter was his FA signing but his drafting was mediocre. But now it seems like it's the opposite.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

The James hate is pretty ridiculous to see as a Broncos hater. The guy had a family member hospitalized for COVID and recently had a kid. He has every reason to avoid the pandemic.

Good on him for doing what's right for his family.

If he didn’t have a history of quitting on the team I’d agree with you.

27 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

The James hate is pretty ridiculous to see as a Broncos hater. The guy had a family member hospitalized for COVID and recently had a kid. He has every reason to avoid the pandemic.

Good on him for doing what's right for his family.

If not for COVID, he would have found another excuse to not play and get his money. That’s who he is. I’m sure he’d appreciate your support though. 

4 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Glad you agree with me. He quits (again) and gets all the money owed to him. This is the ideal scenario for Ja’Wuan James. He doesn’t want to play football, period.

what? do you not understand that he does NOT get it until he reports next year?