Multiple players opt out of 2020 season: RT Cannon, LB Hightower, five others

RaidersAreOne

Any other player on the Broncos could have opted out and while us Bronco fans wouldn't be happy, it's understandable given the circumstances.  Ja'Wuan James opting out on the other hand, is really just pathetic.  There is a reason why all of us Bronco fans are 100% done with him.. what a waste of money and talent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Well now we see why BB convinced so many guys to opt out.. theyre about to have $35M to spend.

I doubt some of them (a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma sufferer and a father of a new born) needed much convincing to be honest. I'm surprised the guy with blood clots hasn't thrown it in as well.

Edited by Hunter2_1

33 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I doubt some of them (a non-Hodgkin's lymphoma sufferer and a father of a new born) needed much convincing to be honest. I'm surprised the guy with blood clots hasn't thrown it in as well.

especially since more and more studies are showing heart problems created by COVID-19

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I feel like they made opting out too unappealing. Like I get why it is the way it is, but at the same time I'd risk my life for that much money lol

Broncos fans have this disdain for James because he was a high price free agent that was supposed to finally fix their RT problems that they have had for years.

He barely played last year because he got banged up, then never returned even for weeks after being cleared because of this mysterious mental reason. Apparently he could trust his injury being fully healed enough to go 100%. He came back finally and then didn't even last a full game before leaving again with aggravating his injury.

So this yeah James being the only notable player on the roster to opt out has Broncos fans even more upset because they have been waiting (now) two years for this guy to actually play and earn his huge FA contract he got.

I get why Broncos fans are mad, but I also get why he opted out given his family situation. It's really a tough spot to be in for both sides 

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

This needs to be brought up as a completely stupid move on the NFL’s part. The deadline should stay at 7 days after the CBA side letter is signed.

Unpopular opinion probably, but I find a 'deadline' to be a bit stupid anyway. I get why they have to do it, in official terms. But what if in 3 weeks time a player starts getting the fear, or develops an underlying illness, or the pandemic ramps right up again - too late, have to play?

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Unpopular opinion probably, but I find a 'deadline' to be a bit stupid anyway. I get why they have to do it, in official terms. But what if in 3 weeks time a player starts getting the fear, or develops an underlying illness, or the pandemic ramps right up again - too late, have to play?

I doubt they have to play, but the team won't be able to push their cap hit to next year and it will still count as an accrued season etc. The deadline is for the special status and paperwork, obviously people can't be compelled to play if they don't want to.

17 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I doubt they have to play, but the team won't be able to push their cap hit to next year and it will still count as an accrued season etc. The deadline is for the special status and paperwork, obviously people can't be compelled to play if they don't want to.

Yep, thought so

7 hours ago, Xenos said:

This needs to be brought up as a completely stupid move on the NFL’s part. The deadline should stay at 7 days after the CBA side letter is signed.

Its thursday now, last time I checked. It seems to be a moving target still