Over-rated and over-rated NFL 100

drfrey13

We have a lot of borderline football talk going on so I figured lets lighten the mood a little.  Who are some surprises in the top 100?  QBs of course are easily overrated but a few surprises.  Cooper is top 50 ahead of Davante Adams, Clowney 40 spots better than Garret, some interior lineman that you could make an argument are better than Hudson,  and Waller the only TE so far.  I also think Metcalf and Fitzgerald do not belong on the list at this point in their careers.  Let me know what you think.  The players vote on this so there is some bias but they also know a lot more about this than I do.  Sorry but I believe this deserves its own thread.

• Like 1

Darren Waller made the list at #99 and Josh Jacobs at #72. 

Also interesting to see Amari Cooper so high. This is a player created list, right? 

So far the WR rankings are: 

49. Amari Cooper

54. Stefon Diggs

57. DeVante Adams

59. Odell Beckham Jr

61. Jarvis Landry

65. Tyler Lockett

69. Larry Fitzgerald 

77. Keenan Allen

81. DK Metcalf 

89. Cooper Kupp

24 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Darren Waller made the list at #99 and Josh Jacobs at #72. 

Also interesting to see Amari Cooper so high. This is a player created list, right? 

So far the WR rankings are: 

49. Amari Cooper

54. Stefon Diggs

57. DeVante Adams

59. Odell Beckham Jr

61. Jarvis Landry

65. Tyler Lockett

69. Larry Fitzgerald 

77. Keenan Allen

81. DK Metcalf 

89. Cooper Kupp

I would put Cooper on the list but not top 50.  I would assume a top 50 ranking puts him at 4-5 in the WR rankings with who is left.  Although I believe he can but he has not put together a full season yet.  WRs might be overrated just like QBs also.  This is created by the players that understand the chess game being playing so maybe they know teams are specifically trying to shut him down and he is still producing.  I doubt he was put top 50 based upon potential.  Also Wilson has 2 top 100 players at WR.

Edited by drfrey13

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Hudson isn't a top 100 player?

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47e0wkc8gurp73j05ke5

Hudson will be a top 100 player.  He is better than Waller and maybe more important than Jacobs.  I was just saying that some of the Gs and Cs that have been announced already have an argument that they deserve to be ranked higher.  He will be announced in the next group.  I would argue against him going higher than 30 though.

While I agree with Maxx, but Hudson would be the bigger snub imo. He is easily the best center in the NFL. 

Also they had T.Gurley on the list still and that just shows you it’s about the name more than the play cause anyone with two or ever one working eye could see how bad Gurley was last year. 

39 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

While I agree with Maxx, but Hudson would be the bigger snub imo. He is easily the best center in the NFL. 

Also they had T.Gurley on the list still and that just shows you it’s about the name more than the play cause anyone with two or ever one working eye could see how bad Gurley was last year. 

You could even argue that TW was better than Fitzgerald last year and he was #69.

top 100 is a popularity contest. If they wanted the true list theyd ask coaches, GMs and scouts who go over game film more thoroughly. You cant tell me there are 100 better players than Trent and Hud. The list favors ball carriers, and glamour positions. 

3 hours ago, Geezy said:

top 100 is a popularity contest. If they wanted the true list theyd ask coaches, GMs and scouts who go over game film more thoroughly. You cant tell me there are 100 better players than Trent and Hud. The list favors ball carriers, and glamour positions. 

Exactly