Training camp 2020 thread

paul-mac

On 8/1/2020 at 7:32 PM, elliot878 said:

With that out of the way, what's media access like for these practices? Any allowed in?  Jacked up for this rookie class and thirsty for some reports!

It's very, very restrictive.

From what I understand there are only like seven reporters that will be allowed to watch practices - the local networks, the DP, the Athletic, NFLN and ESPN - and they aren't allowed to interact with the players or coaches. If a reporter wants to interview a specific player, the PR staff sets up a Zoom conference between the reporter and the player. The post practice pressers that have two or three players, Vic and the coordinators are also done virtually. 

I am still skeptical that there is a season.  Gotta admit though, this is probably the most excited I’ve been for a Broncos team and the future since 2015.  The young offensive talent on this team is unreal.  

So pumped Denver got Hamler.  He won’t ever be the #1 WR on this team, but he’s going to be a fan favorite.  People are going to love the way he plays the game.  He was one of my 2-3 favorite prospects in the entire draft class.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2020 at 11:19 AM, Cutler06 said:

RT Wilkinson and G Muti activated to the roster, guessing from the James fallout. Gotta get rid of James, all he does is take our money !!

So is his cap hit now just $150k? That's the real rub I guess, because it'd allow us to go make a trade.

If we're still charged the full cap hit on the season that's total BS and the NFL botched the amendment.

While it couldn't have come at a worse position for this team, it's an opt out that may do wonders for the back end of his contract.  Guy can play when he's healthy, he's just not healthy often enough.

18 hours ago, germ-x said:

Gordon has some crazy stats when it comes to short yardage situations and broken tackles.  I know Broncos fans are always down on Denver’s OL, but the Chargers OL has been much worse.

yeah i think he's going to be good in the red zone and short yardage. obviously that's been a huge issue for us. and he's going to catch a lot of balls. if you watch the tape - his YAC ability is pretty weak, but he is reliable as a receiver. i think obviously in a vacuum you are overpaying for an overrated player but I think he will be pretty big for us. my main issue is if/when he takes touches from Phil....who I just think is a much better runner. and I hope can continue to improve as a receiver. but having the two players when we have money to spend ...i'm good with it. 

Having Gordon and Lindsay together preserves both of them and should prove to be successful. I understand a lot of people have a soft spot for Lindsay, myself included, but the reality is, guys with his build are not likely to hold up over a 16 game season as the primary ball carrier. Short yardage/goal line situations have long been an issue for Denver, and I think Gordon cures some of those ills.

• Like 1