Training camp 2020 thread

paul-mac

Finding a good Tackle is not easy - it is a problem for most teams in the NFL.

Elway has tried it all - the biggest gripe I have is that he refused to consider signing Whitworth 3 years ago - he has been stellar for the Rams over those three years and has just signed another 3 year contract.

Edited by jolly red giant

2 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Chubb apparently “didn’t feel right” but should be ok.

Glasgow has a tweaked ankle. If it’s a high ankle sprain, those things tend to linger 

Not too concerned about the IOL. Pretty good, quality depth there. The only OL member whose loss would be devastating is Bolles. We haven't got else with LT skills on the roster unless it's a kid we've never heard of.

18 hours ago, paul-mac said:

We signed Mark Barron, there’s your Will Parks replacement

15 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He isn't awful. Should help with our coverage in the nickel and dime packages.

As limited as Todd David is, Barron is a pass coverage hybrid guy who gets exposed vs. the run game, why LAR moved on.   Makes sense for what we need as a stopgap.   

13 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Heard some terrible news. Wilkinson is playing exactly as expected.

Yeah he’s not good. For a coach that usually says it how it is, I’m surprised how much he seems to pretend to like Elijah Wilkinson. Hopefully they have the sense to just play Dotson but I think they’ll throw Wilk out there and just inevitably bench him by week 3. 

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

If the coaches aren’t happy with their top 5 CB’s we all know the Fangio familiarity & scheme fit.   Signing him would be cheap - it would speak to their confidence in the young guys if Elway passed now.   We’ll see.  

The Prince signing was such a no brainer for Denver for months, I think it’s pretty damning that they never seemed to show interest. He was an easy stop gap on a defense that needs to be good for a coaching staff that knows exactly what he can give them.

Personally I think if we’re just talking about covering WRs in this scheme Bausby probably has more upside as a short term #3 outside guy than Prince offers at this stage. As a team defender, tackler etc. maybe he doesn’t give you as much as Prince, and that does matter in this scheme. But I’m okay with staying pat at corner while everyone is healthy. The bet you’re making is that just one of Yiadom, Harris or Ojemudia make a leap under some really good coaching in a scheme that makes things easier for corners physically. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1