Jason_Bengal_Fl

Geno Atkins  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Is Geno Atkins a Hall of Famer?

• Yes
    • No
    • Borderline, needs another good year

13 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Huh? Oh so you're not done talking like you said you were. K.

I said he's been recognized as arguably the best by a consensus. Watt and Atkins made first team All Pro in 2012, and Atkins was PFF's highest graded defensive tackle as in the quality he showcased on the inside. Watt is moved around more, which PFF takes into account. Up to that point he had their highest grade ever for a DT. Even if you wanted to dismiss the AP All Pro team as fluff from media people, PFF does metric grade on ever snap, compare/contrast, and peer review. They aren't just blowing smoke. Both players made their squad that year, and means Atkins was recognized as arguably the best in the league even if he wasn't for you. That's what these accolades mean. If it's all phantom noise, that's irrelevant. He has the recognition. Even so, there are HOF players that never even made first team all pro like Warren Moon and Troy Aikman, yet they're in. 

Two QBs playing primarily in a media-heavy state.
It is straying off-course, but I would like to know as I’m curious: are there any HoF players who weren’t QB’s and never made first team all-pro?

Edited by Duluther

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No, I'm calling you on your BS, that's why I'm not done talking. 

PFF is a joke and I have talked extensively about WHY on this site, many of times, but people like you still fall for their shill, so the PFF BS IS blowing smoke. 

It's not BS that he's been recognized though. It happened by multiple media branches regardless how you feel. Oops. 

But maybe everyone else is wrong though. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

On 7/29/2020 at 2:54 PM, Duluther said:

Two QBs playing primarily in a media-heavy state.
It is straying off-course, but I would like to know as I’m curious: are there any HoF players who weren’t QB’s and never made first team all-pro?

Andre Reed, Tim Brown, Harry Carson, Jackie Slater. There are quite a few more.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

It's not BS that he's been recognized though. It happened by multiple media branches regardless how you feel. Oops. 

But maybe everyone else is wrong though. 

Recognized as the BEST DL player in the league >>>>>>>>>>>>being recognized.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Recognized as the BEST DL player in the league >>>>>>>>>>>>being recognized.

Which Atkins has been. That's what happens when you rack up first-team all pros. Oops.

HOF players Moon, Aikman, Tim Brown, and Reed say hi btw. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Agreed. But it is his fault that he hasn't been the best DL in the league tho.

Yeah in your opinion which isn't widely shared by the people handing out the accolades sure. But maybe they're just all dum dums. :)

Not like that having zero all pros or being considered the best at your position has stopped the HOF from admitting players anyway. Oops. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah in your opinion which isn't widely shared by the people handing out the accolades sure. :)

Neither are yours. Which is why he is a not yet a hall of famer. 

I think he is a "hall of very good" and you think "he is a HOFer".  See how it works? 

Good talking to you though. For real.  It's atleast something to do during these....can I call "times". 

6 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Neither are yours. Which is why he is a not yet a hall of famer. 

I think he is a "hall of very good" and you think "he is a HOFer".  See how it works? 

Good talking to you though. For real.  It's atleast something to do during these....can I call "times". 

Um actually, my opinion is widely shared by the people handing out the accolades since I agree with their opinion of recognition

Atikins isn't a HOFer yet because he isn't eligible. 

Yup, good chat. Kind of funny. Imma dip now though, and actually won't be coming back to the discussion with you. I've "said my piece". :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

15 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Um actually, my opinion is widely shared by the people handing out the accolades since I agree with their opinion of recognition

Atikins isn't a HOFer yet because he isn't eligible. 

Yup, good chat. Kind of funny. Imma dip now though, and actually won't be coming back to the discussion with you. I've "said my piece". :)

Your weird.