Bears Players Opt Out News

WindyCity

56 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Also gotta think about if college doesn't play, what's that do to the top QBs in the draft? Wanna take a chance on those guys with a missed year?

I don't think there will even be a draft if there is no college season this coming fall.  Won't make any sense.

How do you scout and evaluate talent...based on 2019 film or earlier?  That's not exactly fair.

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I don't think there will even be a draft if there is no college season this coming fall.  Won't make any sense.

How do you scout and evaluate talent...based on 2019 film or earlier?  That's not exactly fair.

Exactly. I would assume they (if they haven't already) give college players another year of eligibility and then have a loaded class? I don't know.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

It's getting to the point where if there was ever a year to bomb for a QB in the draft it is this year.

True, but I'm wondering if there will be guys on rookie deals who want to play to ensure their contract expires a year earlier. It's easy to say everyone cares about their health but I'd have a hard time looking away from making that 2nd deal asap, especially if the talent pool of the league is down for a year.  Some guys might be able to take advantage of that. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

The problem if the season is cancelled is that the Bears won’t be in the lottery for the top pick.

They will be in the 10-20 range, or essentially QB no mans land.

Yeah you can only find QB's in the top-9 range. 

2QyY.gif

Your trying too hard now Windy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Especially with some of the guys who came out of nowhere last year.  Lance, Trask, Newman, Purdy ( I know he has two years too, but was that jump a fluke?), King wakes top show he warrants a draft pick with his transfer,  etc. 

The NFL would expand on the Combine I'm sure,  but that's nowhere near the same as game film.  A big gamble but one I'd take.  

Yes... it would be a gamble, but so is riding with Mitch and Foles. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Eddie Goldman opts out.

Luckily the DL is where the Bears are deepest. 

Not NG.  This a huge loss.  Almost as large as losing Hicks.     

Bears should take a hard look at snacks and see if he is motivated.  He sucked last year, but was a beast two years ago.  

I can't really blame people, who have already made enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their lives, for not wanting to risk exposure to a potentially deadly virus.... If anything, I'm a bit shocked more players aren't going the Goldman route.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I can't really blame people, who have already made enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their lives, for not wanting to risk exposure to a potentially deadly virus.... If anything, I'm a bit shocked more players aren't going the Goldman route.

I'm shocked too. Foles for example surprised me because he just had newborn. But I will say that the Bears have done a hell of job of revamping Halas Hall and putting together a nice system in place to at least minimize the risks on their part. 

I actually think it's pretty cool. I wish it were both practical and possible to implement something similar into every single business in the country right now. 

5 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Yeah you can only find QB's in the top-9 range. 

2QyY.gif

Your trying too hard now Windy.

You can. It becomes much more difficult.

I would much rather pick Lawrence or Fields than try and find someone later on.

There is just more volatility the more picks that go by