Bears Players Opt Out News

WindyCity

9 hours ago, soulman said:

Not opt outs but rather two Bears now on COVID restrictions.  Will add more here as they happen.

RB Artavis Pierce

TE Eric Saubert

With the reserve/COVID list, I just haven't seen how it works. Do the players just come off there and back on to the roster after a couple of weeks in quarantine and a negative COVID test?

15 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

With the reserve/COVID list, I just haven't seen how it works. Do the players just come off there and back on to the roster after a couple of weeks in quarantine and a negative COVID test?

I believe so.

Just added John Jenkins to the COVID reserve list.  Now we have only a rookie NT.

Me thinks Pace should give serious thought to signing a FA NT.  We need the depth.

8 hours ago, soulman said:

I believe so.

Just added John Jenkins to the COVID reserve list.  Now we have only a rookie NT.

Me thinks Pace should give serious thought to signing a FA NT.  We need the depth.

It's weird, I tried googling the rules of that list but no-one seems to know! 

Yeah we could do with bringing someone in, even if Jenkins is only out a couple of weeks, we're still very thin there. Maybe see if any get cut around the league as teams trim their rosters to 80.

5 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

It's weird, I tried googling the rules of that list but no-one seems to know! 

Yeah we could do with bringing someone in, even if Jenkins is only out a couple of weeks, we're still very thin there. Maybe see if any get cut around the league as teams trim their rosters to 80.

I think the league is being intentionally vague so they can remain flexible.  Maybe the learned that from Washington.  LOL

With Goldman out for the year it might pay to bring on of the better FA out there like "Snacks" or Marcel Dareus.  You really need two strong run players for that position since one guy can barely handle half the snaps if played every down.

i'm pretty sure the COVID list they can come off of it when they have 3 negative tests in a row. A player that is brought up from the PS for a covid-IR player can get dropped back down to the PS without having to go through waivers. there is no minimum time that a player is required to be on the Covid-IR, unlike the injury IR

Snacks would be a good pick up with the money we save from eddie, but he's not the same player he was a couple years ago. If he's healthy, sure. Dareus is another guy i forgot is out there, but he would be a good fit to. 

Our other option at NT is to take the saved money, roll it over to next year when we will definitely need it, and roll with jenkins and another player. 91 was on the field 45% of the time, and while he's a great player, he will be easier to replace than hicks.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2020 at 8:54 PM, HuskieBear said:

i'm pretty sure the COVID list they can come off of it when they have 3 negative tests in a row. A player that is brought up from the PS for a covid-IR player can get dropped back down to the PS without having to go through waivers. there is no minimum time that a player is required to be on the Covid-IR, unlike the injury IR

Got it, thanks. Artavis Pierce has already come off the COVID list as well, so he was on there, what? Like, five days? Looks like it is really flexible, hopefully get John Jenkins off there before too long so we actually have a human at NT.

• Like 1

Losing both Roberson and Lucas cuts our depth a bit but also reduces the clutter in the secondary.

IMHO Lucas and Burns were signed primarily as ST guys.  Now Burns has less competition.

Roberson may have been good depth behind Fuller but now we have to wait a year.

I expect Tolliver and Johnson to battle it out at RCB but Johnson should win the battle if not immediately then soon.