2020 Training Camp

textaz03

1 hour ago, D82 said:

That's interesting. Thompson did pretty well last year too, didn't he? I'm all for playing the best guy, even if Clinton-Dix is the bigger name. 

I was hoping for Wilson to take that starting SS spot.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CAPJ said:

I was hoping for Wilson to take that starting SS spot.

I was hoping for the same, but if Thompson is playing better right now...makes sense to roll with him. Wilson can always gain the spot later if his play warrants it.

I really thought we would have heard more good notes about Reggie Robinson by this point. It's been pretty radio silent, and seems like he's probably #6 on the CB depth chart. 

On the flip side, I really do like what I'm hearing about Diggs. He's had some expected inconsistencies, but I love how he plays the ball like a WR. We haven't had a DB like that in a very long time.

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm legit surprised that y'all haven't signed Earl Thomas already....... could the Cowboys be learning?!?

Jerry flat-out said that we don't want him.

He doesn't mind taking chances on people with off-field issues, like Michael Irvin, as long as they're not going to screw up the locker room. The only guy I can remember that had locker room issues before signing him is TO. And even he had incredible work ethic.

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

He doesn't mind taking chances on people with off-field issues, like Michael Irvin, as long as they're not going to screw up the locker room. The only guy I can remember that had locker room issues before signing him is TO. And even he had incredible work ethic.

True, but you guys are known for signing a decent amount of players with character concerns regardless. 

This just seemed like a move that would happen with the interest from both sides, so I was surprised to see Dallas pass.

Maybe you guys do actually like your safety room. Obviously they've said Thompson has looked good in camp and I know you guys also have Worley there now and that guy Wilson you all seem to like in addition to Woods and Clinton-Dix. I still don't like or am unsure of most of those guys, but maybe it turns out to not be a significant weakness. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

31 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And TO ended up being a great guy in the locker room.