2020 Training Camp

textaz03

On 8/24/2020 at 1:46 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I really thought we would have heard more good notes about Reggie Robinson by this point. It's been pretty radio silent, and seems like he's probably #6 on the CB depth chart. 

On the flip side, I really do like what I'm hearing about Diggs. He's had some expected inconsistencies, but I love how he plays the ball like a WR. We haven't had a DB like that in a very long time.

Robinson has a good practice today from what I read. Will probably be a special teams guy this season as he excelled at that in college if he’s active on game day. Diggs is getting better and better from what I’ve read. Chido and Brown probably start but I do think Diggs will get playing time this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cromagnum said:

Robinson has a good practice today from what I read. Will probably be a special teams guy this season as he excelled at that in college if he’s active on game day. Diggs is getting better and better from what I’ve read. Chido and Brown probably start but I do think Diggs will get playing time this season. 

Heard the same about Robinson.  Might be a bigger learning curve for him.   Brown has been solid in camp.

I am really not a fan of the switch to safety for Reggie Robinson. I guess he's not one of the top-5 corners on the team right now, so they are trying to find a role for him.  If they really think he has a future as a starter at safety, then alright, but I think his skillset makes him a better prospect at cornerback. And I worry that we'll need him at CB next year, but he'll be playing catchup. I'd hate to waste several years of his development making him switch roles like we did with Byron.