2020 Training Camp

textaz03

Well. To be honest I’ve haven’t gotten a whisper of this happening but from what Nick and David said on cowboy.com it seems we are rarely going to be in the alignment we are most familiar with 4 down linemen and 3 LB. I find it interesting as this is a major change and we really don’t have a huge body to anchor the middle of the line but it does make sense with what we have in the edge

2 hours ago, quiller said:

Well. To be honest I’ve haven’t gotten a whisper of this happening but from what Nick and David said on cowboy.com it seems we are rarely going to be in the alignment we are most familiar with 4 down linemen and 3 LB. I find it interesting as this is a major change and we really don’t have a huge body to anchor the middle of the line but it does make sense with what we have in the edge

Dontari Poe is definitely huge

1 hour ago, D82 said:

So...why are they creating cap space? Can't get a deal done with Dak until next year...can't think of any other player up for an extension...

If you are definitely going to need to restructure Zach Martin's contract to pay for Dak, it makes sense to do it now for a few reasons:

1) Salary cap rolls over
2) Restructuring now instead of next year spreads the money out over 5 season instead of 4, which will lower the amount of dead money if we eventually have to cut Martin.
3) We still retain the ability to restructure Martin again next year. Even if that's not advisable, it's an option. But if we don't restructure him now, we can't retroactively get this opportunity to create cap space back.

Jerry Jones: "When we evaluated the cornerbacks, there were four players you could use a first-round pick on,” Jones said recently. “The one we liked was Diggs. He was a receiver in cornerback’s clothing. That was big. Almost unanimously, we said if Diggs is still there (in the second round), he was the pick."

The 4 corners must have been:

• Okudah
  • Henderson
  • Terrell
  • Diggs

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

God I hate restructuring contracts! But, with next year being an uncertainty with CAP I understand the move. Daks contract may cost us some very valuable players next year without these moves 

Seems pretty low risk with Zach Martin here. If you think he's a good bet to be around for 3 more seasons (which I think he is), then it doesn't create a huge dead money issue if you have to cut him at a point after that.