2020 Training Camp

textaz03

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Diggs has (unsurprisingly) been up and down, from what I’ve read. Worley is getting some run with the 1’s. They’ve definitely made CB something of an open competition.

Gotcha.

Diggs has the size and movement skills to be interesting, but I'm not surprised he's struggled a bit. He is also going against one of the best WR corps in the league.

Worley didn't really do anything for us. Not sure how good he is.

I think I saw someone on here say Awuzie may get a look at safety? Is that true?

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Gotcha.

Diggs has the size and movement skills to be interesting, but I'm not surprised he's struggled a bit. He is also going against one of the best WR corps in the league.

Worley didn't really do anything for us. Not sure how good he is.

I think I saw someone on here say Awuzie may get a look at safety? Is that true?

No, that was purely speculative based on McCarthy saying he was looking for versatility on the back end. He's strictly practicing at CB to my knowledge. It's Woods and Dix at safety, which is potentially our best tandem at the position since the 2000s (not that that's saying anything). Obviously, neither's a huge asset against the run. Team will be playing a lot more Cover 2 this year, need the Front 7 to hold up against the run without an 8th man in the box. I think it's sound process, however it ends up playing out.

Edited by matt79511

6 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

No, that was purely speculative based on McCarthy saying he was looking for versatility on the back end. He's strictly practicing at CB to my knowledge. It's Woods and Dix at safety, which is potentially our best tandem at the position since the 2000s (not that that's saying anything). Obviously, neither's a huge asset against the run. Team will be playing a lot more Cover 2 this year, need the Front 7 to hold up against the run without an 8th man in the box. I think it's sound process, however it ends up playing out.

That's sad if that's your best safety tandem like you said. Guess safety is to you what corner has been to us lol.

I guess your defense will depend on how good your d-line ends up being.

Thanks for the info. You're the better Matt. 😎

• Like 1

RE: Diggs

He had issues with general awareness in college. His physical traits make him a good bet to become something, but how far away that is could be a tough guess. He has a lot to work with but too many times you just saw him kind of look lost. If he can get a bettet understanding of what is to come, understand why it may come, and put himself in better position because he understands, he could be a playmaker. But it likely wont be soon.