Jump to content
textaz03

2020 Training Camp

Recommended Posts

16 teams past up the chance to draft CeeDee Lamb. 
 

That’s it. That’s the post.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been hearing a lot of positive things about Jaylon. If our LB corps can rebound, should help the D out a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, D82 said:

Been hearing a lot of positive things about Jaylon. If our LB corps can rebound, should help the D out a lot.

What about the secondary? Awuzie? Diggs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What about the secondary? Awuzie? Diggs?

Diggs has (unsurprisingly) been up and down, from what I’ve read. Worley is getting some run with the 1’s. They’ve definitely made CB something of an open competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Diggs has (unsurprisingly) been up and down, from what I’ve read. Worley is getting some run with the 1’s. They’ve definitely made CB something of an open competition.

Gotcha.

Diggs has the size and movement skills to be interesting, but I'm not surprised he's struggled a bit. He is also going against one of the best WR corps in the league.

Worley didn't really do anything for us. Not sure how good he is.

I think I saw someone on here say Awuzie may get a look at safety? Is that true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Gotcha.

Diggs has the size and movement skills to be interesting, but I'm not surprised he's struggled a bit. He is also going against one of the best WR corps in the league.

Worley didn't really do anything for us. Not sure how good he is.

I think I saw someone on here say Awuzie may get a look at safety? Is that true?

No, that was purely speculative based on McCarthy saying he was looking for versatility on the back end. He's strictly practicing at CB to my knowledge. It's Woods and Dix at safety, which is potentially our best tandem at the position since the 2000s (not that that's saying anything). Obviously, neither's a huge asset against the run. Team will be playing a lot more Cover 2 this year, need the Front 7 to hold up against the run without an 8th man in the box. I think it's sound process, however it ends up playing out.

Edited by matt79511

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

No, that was purely speculative based on McCarthy saying he was looking for versatility on the back end. He's strictly practicing at CB to my knowledge. It's Woods and Dix at safety, which is potentially our best tandem at the position since the 2000s (not that that's saying anything). Obviously, neither's a huge asset against the run. Team will be playing a lot more Cover 2 this year, need the Front 7 to hold up against the run without an 8th man in the box. I think it's sound process, however it ends up playing out.

That's sad if that's your best safety tandem like you said. Guess safety is to you what corner has been to us lol.

I guess your defense will depend on how good your d-line ends up being.

Thanks for the info. You're the better Matt. 😎

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is gonna be strange no preseason games to get an idea of who is who in the trenches.  About the only group that it doesn’t effect is our LB core and the QB RB LB group.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RE: Diggs

He had issues with general awareness in college. His physical traits make him a good bet to become something, but how far away that is could be a tough guess. He has a lot to work with but too many times you just saw him kind of look lost. If he can get a bettet understanding of what is to come, understand why it may come, and put himself in better position because he understands, he could be a playmaker. But it likely wont be soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...