Joey Bosa signs 5 year, 135 million dollar extension

TitanLegend

26 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Finally some good news!!!

0 concerns with this contract, it's well deserved.

Oh I have my concerns but I’m glad it got done. There’s zero leverage to not do this deal. Joey when healthy is a top tier player at a premium position. The Chargers did the right thing and made sure they locked him up early at a price that hopefully he is more then happy to play at. 

It’s a ton of money tied up to one player but you have to do this when you drafted a young quarterback. Hopefully Joey stays healthy and on the field. 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They were both cleanly in the top 6 college EDGEs of the decade along with Von Miller, Myles Garrett, Chase Young and Jadaveon Clowney. Joey was the best B1G end player since JJ Watt and Nick was better than Joey. 

It kind of goes without saying that this is a reasonable deal for the Chargers. You drafted him to pay him this kind of deal eventually.

Nick was. But there were definitely doubts about Joey initially. He didn’t have the same physical traits as the others you listed. What made him so great was his advanced techniques. He was like a seasoned veteran in that regards.

37 minutes ago, Boltstrikes said:

Oh I have my concerns but I’m glad it got done. There’s zero leverage to not do this deal. Joey when healthy is a top tier player at a premium position. The Chargers did the right thing and made sure they locked him up early at a price that hopefully he is more then happy to play at. 

It’s a ton of money tied up to one player but you have to do this when you drafted a young quarterback. Hopefully Joey stays healthy and on the field. 

Yup, do this while you have your rookie QB salary. Still sad that Phil had to leave for this to happen though. Though not sure how we would have managed both.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

2. I saw someone say how surprised they were at how good he was and said “no one saw that coming”...and yet he went #2 overall and every fan with a set of working eyeballs smirked at that comment.

FIFY

49 minutes ago, VanS said:

Joey Bosa doesn't deserve this deal.  He's nowhere close to being the best pass rusher in the league.  Chargers overpaid.

He doesn't have to be the best, just the next in line for a monster contract of the Very Very good!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VanS said:

Joey Bosa doesn't deserve this deal.  He's nowhere close to being the best pass rusher in the league.  Chargers overpaid.

no where close to being the best? Based on what, other than a bad take. His win rate/dtr says otherwise. Great contract for great player... bad take bro... blame it on 2020.

12 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They were both cleanly in the top 6 college EDGEs of the decade along with Von Miller, Myles Garrett, Chase Young and Jadaveon Clowney. Joey was the best B1G end player since JJ Watt and Nick was better than Joey. 

It kind of goes without saying that this is a reasonable deal for the Chargers. You drafted him to pay him this kind of deal eventually.

I disagree that Nick was better than Joey. Joey's Sophomore season was amazing! Nick might have been a better pass rusher but he never hit the sack numbers like Joey did. Also Joey was a better run defender than Nick. Nick is the better pass rusher but overall/complete player, that belongs to Joey. 

Edited by buno67