Joey Bosa signs 5 year, 135 million dollar extension

TitanLegend

6 hours ago, VanS said:

Joey Bosa doesn't deserve this deal.  He's nowhere close to being the best pass rusher in the league.  Chargers overpaid.

he isnt the best pass rusher but he is one of the best pass rushers but also plays the run damn well. He is one of the best complete DEs in the league.

Also arent you the one that was spouting off an offseason or two ago that Carl Lawson was going to be the best pass rusher in the division?

29 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I disagree that Nick was better than Joey. Joey's Sophomore season was amazing! Nick might have been a better pass rusher but he never hit the sack numbers like Joey did. Also Joey was a better run defender than Nick. Nick is the better pass rusher but overall/complete player, that belongs to Joey. 

Is this the consensus OSU fan view? tbh I'm surprised. Nick surprised me with his run defense when we played him. 

15 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Is this the consensus OSU fan view? tbh I'm surprised. Nick surprised me with his run defense when we played him. 

Nick was good at defending the run. I just think Joey was better at it. To me Joey Bosa is one of the best defenders I have ever seen at using their hands. Nick is up there but I think Joey is more technically sound. Part of me wanted the Browns to take him at #2 in his draft class. Browns could have potentially ended up with Bosa and Garrett. They prolly would have gone QB the following year, so they might have gotten stuck with Mitchy...

Edited by buno67

10 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

He doesn't have to be the best, just the next in line for a monster contract of the Very Very good!

9 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

no where close to being the best? Based on what, other than a bad take. His win rate/dtr says otherwise. Great contract for great player... bad take bro... blame it on 2020.

Joey Bosa is not even the best pass rusher on his own team.  His teammate Melvin Ingram is better.   This is the definition of overpaying. 

If Myles Garrett (who is the far superior player) got $125 million then Joey Bosa shouldn't have gotten more than $100 million tops.  This is the equivalent of the Cowboys paying Dak Prescott $513 million a few days after the Chiefs paid Mahomes $503 million.  We would all be destroying the Cowboys if they did that.  This is no different.  Joey Bosa is the equivalent of Dak Prescott as a pass rusher compared to Myles Garrett. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VanS said:

Joey Bosa is not even the best pass rusher on his own team.  His teammate Melvin Ingram is better.   This is the definition of overpaying. 

If Myles Garrett (who is the far superior player) got $125 million then Joey Bosa shouldn't have gotten more than $100 million tops.  This is the equivalent of the Cowboys paying Dak Prescott $513 million a few days after the Chiefs paid Mahomes $503 million.  We would all be destroying the Cowboys if they did that.  This is no different.  Joey Bosa is the equivalent of Dak Prescott as a pass rusher compared to Myles Garrett. 

Ok

19 minutes ago, VanS said:

Good to know Chase Young isn't your only horrible take when it comes to EDGE rushers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

Nick was good at defending the run. I just think Joey was better at it. To me Joey Bosa is one of the best defenders I have ever seen at using their hands. Nick is up there but I think Joey is more technically sound. Part of me wanted the Browns to take him at #2 in his draft class. Browns could have potentially ended up with Bosa and Garrett. They prolly would have gone QB the following year, so they might have gotten stuck with Mitchy...

Joey can literally do it all at DE.  He came into the league with a 10 year NFL vet's repertoire of moves and hand technique.  If he's interested in coaching in the future, i'd love to see him at Ohio State as the eventual replacement for Larry Johnson.

2 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Joey can literally do it all at DE.  He came into the league with a 10 year NFL vet's repertoire of moves and hand technique.  If he's interested in coaching in the future, i'd love to see him at Ohio State as the eventual replacement for Larry Johnson.

larry johnson thank you GIF by NBA