ESPN's top 20 Bubble players..

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, champ11 said:

Embiid continues to be ranked over Jokic despite consistently being worse than him on the floor, nice 

I actually truly believe a big part of that is body types.. Embiid looks like a monster while Jokic looks like "your Dad's body" Some people judge like that and it's so dumb.. LOL.. What if Jokic has D Howards body, white of course.. and put up the same exact numbers...

think about it.. carry on gents...

45 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I actually truly believe a big part of that is body types.. Embiid looks like a monster while Jokic looks like "your Dad's body" Some people judge like that and it's so dumb.. LOL.. What if Jokic has D Howards body, white of course.. and put up the same exact numbers...

think about it.. carry on gents...

Oh it is for sure. I mean, Embiid has the ceiling of being the most dominant player in the NBA. People still give him that benefit of the doubt despite the fact that he simply isn't that guy on a night to night basis. Let alone the injuries preventing it. But that's all it is. Jokic has clearly been a better player. I think there is an argument that Embiid gives you a better chance to win a title and that's why he continues to be rated higher. 

10 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Oh it is for sure. I mean, Embiid has the ceiling of being the most dominant player in the NBA. People still give him that benefit of the doubt despite the fact that he simply isn't that guy on a night to night basis. Let alone the injuries preventing it. But that's all it is. Jokic has clearly been a better player. I think there is an argument that Embiid gives you a better chance to win a title and that's why he continues to be rated higher. 

I think this is generally it, though after last year's playoffs I have Jokic higher.

Embiid at his best is a 2-way monster, just a notch below Giannis on both sides of the ball. But his injury history, sulking, and (still) lack of ability to find his way out of a double team keeps him down for me.

20 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I think this is generally it, though after last year's playoffs I have Jokic higher.

Embiid at his best is a 2-way monster, just a notch below Giannis on both sides of the ball. But his injury history, sulking, and (still) lack of ability to find his way out of a double team keeps him down for me.

People are also just lower on Jokic than they should be due to markets and general attention paid to each guy. Jokic put up 25/13/8 efficiently in his first playoff run surrounded by a questionable team lmao. Guy is just an absurd talent.

I don't have a huge issue with people ranking Embiid over Jokic because I get it. They are pretty close. But having Embiid at 6 pretty absurd. Simmons has possibly been the better player this year lol

Edited by champ11